Hull Art Revealed for New Norwegian Encore Cruise Ship

LauraS

I don't hate it and its growing on me. The part that makes me laugh are the posters who normally chime in and say "we already have 3 threads on this topic" are out of their element and don't dare say this when it comes officially from cruise critic.

Thanks for the chuckle this morning :*

:confused: Hmm...I didn't think it was possible for a ship to be uglier than the Epic.

...although upon further thought, TracyE's comment that it looks like party streamers makes me reconsider somewhat. I guess the Epic still wins the ugly category! But not by much! ;p

There's a slide show here:

Personally I preferred ‘Norwegian Escape’s ‘ hull art by Guy Harvey better, with it marine life theme.

Encore's does not turn me on as it has no theme to me.

Totally agree. Escape is gorgeous. I also like the wall arts on NCL ships promaonade walls.

Maybe after the specific theme of the Joy's hull art, which no longer fit's the planned itinerary's they decided on something neutral that could go most anywhere? But it still looks like the ship ran into a bunch of colored streamer's that got stuck on the hull.

Maybe after the specific theme of the Joy's hull art, which no longer fit's the planned itinerary's they decided on something neutral that could go most anywhere? But it still looks like the ship ran into a bunch of colored streamer's that got stuck on the hull.

Cough, cough... neutral !??

;)

GC

Epic is the Ugly Emeritus of the cruise industry.:(

I've had many a fond memory on the Norwegian Epic. She was everything that was RIGHT about the Breakaway-class ships before they screwed it up with the Breakaway-class. The Bliss Lounge on the Breakaway-class is a joke and not even a thought on the Breakaway-Plus ships. The Escape's sports lounge is the worst nightclub I've ever seen designed at sea. It's either a sports lounge or a nightclub, not both and it doesn't even have a good grade sound system in it. The Epic's top hat isn't so nice looking but she is still wanted in Europe it seems! Epic's hull art is nothing on Encore though. Epic's is far too subtle for the name.

I've had many a fond memory on the Norwegian Epic. She was everything that was RIGHT about the Breakaway-class ships before they screwed it up with the Breakaway-class. The Bliss Lounge on the Breakaway-class is a joke and not even a thought on the Breakaway-Plus ships. The Escape's sports lounge is the worst nightclub I've ever seen designed at sea. It's either a sports lounge or a nightclub, not both and it doesn't even have a good grade sound system in it. The Epic's top hat isn't so nice looking but she is still wanted in Europe it seems! Epic's hull art is nothing on Encore though. Epic's is far too subtle for the name.

Epic may be nice on the inside but...

LsTJPqMETOQ