Cabin attendants

Pappa Smurff

Is it normal to have gifts for the attendant who looks after the cabin ?

Thanks Bill

All they need/want or have any room for is cash.

They share rooming quarters with 2 to 4 people per cabin. There is no room for anything and who wants a bunch of knick knacks/candy/postcards from strangers.

Just cash :)

There is no room for anything and who wants a bunch of knick knacks/candy/postcards from strangers

As little anecdote concerning the “no room for anything” comment: I was in Jacksonville, FL for work, staying at the Aloft that’s right across the street from Wal Mart. I went in there to buy a few things, and as I exited, I noticed several people outside, lined up with carts full of everything imaginable, from bags of potato chips and other comfort food items, to domestic appliances including flat screen TV’s. A bus pulled up to pick them up and that’s when I noticed that they were all wearing ID’s with Carnival lanyards. And that’s when it dawned on me that these were crewmembers doing a “little bit” of shopping while the ship was docked in Jacksonville.

I assumed that a lot of the things they were buying were items for them to take or send home, (which reinforces my belief that cash is the best gift as they can buy exactly what they want), but I did ask myself “where in the world are they goin to store ALL of that stuff??? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As little anecdote concerning the “no room for anything” comment: I was in Jacksonville, FL for work, staying at the Aloft that’s right across the street from Wal Mart. I went in there to buy a few things, and as I exited, I noticed several people outside, lined up with carts full of everything imaginable, from bags of potato chips and other comfort food items, to domestic appliances including flat screen TV’s. A bus pulled up to pick them up and that’s when I noticed that they were all wearing ID’s with Carnival lanyards. And that’s when it dawned on me that these were crewmembers doing a “little bit” of shopping while the ship was docked in Jacksonville.

I assumed that a lot of the things they were buying were items for them to take or send home, (which reinforces my belief that cash is the best gift as they can buy exactly what they want), but I did ask myself “where in the world are they goin to store ALL of that stuff??? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some of them sell to other high ranking crew and some take to friends in ports,

I’ll ask if the need anything from port. On occasion they’ll ask for something if they’re not getting off.

Only other time I made our three stewards some hats/ear warmers for Alaska a few weeks ago. It was on the Alaska Journeys cruise and the only time the Splendor’s in Alaska. Otherwise the Splendor is in Mexico. Many of the crew were cold.