Rock on!

VMax1700

harryw and fatcat04,

It is good to know that I am not alone!

During the New Year's Eve Party on the Zaandam last year, the band played I'll Survive during a set. Sitting near some others who were Seniors like me and enjoying the music and and sights, I got up and started dancing. The looks on their faces were almost worth my decision to "dance to the music".

harryw and fatcat04,

It is good to know that I am not alone!

During the New Year's Eve Party on the Zaandam last year, the band played I'll Survive during a set. Sitting near some others who were Seniors like me and enjoying the music and and sights, I got up and started dancing. The looks on their faces were almost worth my decision to "dance to the music".

If in doubt, dance. :D

Still: No Disco fans?

Yes, OK, awright, I admit it! I grew up in the disco years and with its music! Never had the "John Tavolta polyester suit", but did wear the open-neck button-downed shirt with the collar over a leather jacket, and flared jeans. Also, at one point, liked the Bee Gees, Gloria Gaynor, ABBA, the O Jays, Earth Wind & Fire, you name it ;p

MV5BMjI3MTY4MDMzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzg4MTY5Ng@@._V1_.jpg

Yes, OK, awright, I admit it! I grew up in the disco years and with its music! Never had the "John Tavolta polyester suit", but did wear the open-neck button-downed shirt with the collar over a leather jacket, and flared jeans. Also, at one point, liked the Bee Gees, Gloria Gaynor, ABBA, the O Jays, Earth Wind & Fire, you name it ;p

Confession is good for the soul. ;p

Hey, there’s Burt Reynolds and Ryan O’neal

Disco crowd preferred the term Get Down and Boogie.

Oh yeah, late 70's American Bandstand was a favorite in our house. Mom loves disco to this day.

Though not disco, we also watched quite a bit of Soul Train... now those folks could GET DOWN!

Kinda miss that kind of TV. It was fun.

Oh yeah, late 70's American Bandstand was a favorite in our house. Mom loves disco to this day.

Though not disco, we also watched quite a bit of Soul Train... now those folks could GET DOWN!

Kinda miss that kind of TV. It was fun.

Yeah, the participants would all dress and bling up for the Soul Train party. Kinda like formal night on cruise ship. I also remember staying up to watch The Midnight Special with Wolfman Jack and Don Kirshner's Rock Concert on TV. Great memories.

"He caught the last train for the Coast.......the day the (his) music died"

If he was on The Midnight Train to Georgia, he was on a good train!

",,,the day the (his) music died" Well, I am still breathing and my heart is still beating. So, I guess Gene Chandler's music has not died for me.

(But, JRG, I do understand what you are saying.)