Rock on!

VMax1700

I have not heard anyone say this after seven pages of reading so here it is...……

The musicians for the blues club on the HAL ships that I have been on have been VERY good. They really impressed me as I am a songwriter and musician myself and I didn't even think of picking them apart. They are THAT good.

Since this new venue is going to be a cover joint they better make sure the musicians and singers are equally

as talented. That being said I prefer R&R but won't have any problem walking out of a cover band I can

see anywhere. I am looking forward to seeing if they can pull this off at the level they established with the blues venue.

Looks interesting. Considering the popularity and variety of good music from the 60's-80's, this could be very fun and entertaining.

Awesome news! If they're have as good as the BB Kings, it'll be outstanding!

(y)(y)(y) ... as the Thread title says, ROCK ON! Thanks HAL. :cool::cool::cool:

I also remember staying up to watch The Midnight Special with Wolfman Jack and Don Kirshner's Rock Concert on TV. Great memories.

I used to watch those as a young teen. Back then (before MTV), it was hard to find music from your favorite groups on TV, and I lived nowhere near places where these bands played on tour. MTV was a game changer in a lot of ways, followed by the internet (file sharing) and then YouTube....

For me, this is a step in the right direction from the BB King shows. Maybe by the time I'm ready to retire HAL will have a New Wave venue lined up and ready to go....

I’ve been cruising for about 20 years, and the lack of “my” music has been

one of the biggest disappointments. An occasional main theatre production show would have some rock but the singers and band were embarrassingly bad. So this is something I’m really looking forward to.

I used to watch those as a young teen. Back then (before MTV), it was hard to find music from your favorite groups on TV, and I lived nowhere near places where these bands played on tour. MTV was a game changer in a lot of ways, followed by the internet (file sharing) and then YouTube....

For me, this is a step in the right direction from the BB King shows. Maybe by the time I'm ready to retire HAL will have a New Wave venue lined up and ready to go....

Right, quite right. You are bloody well right. You have a bloody right to say! MTV was a game changer.

Rock History acknowledged the paradigm shift when Dire Straights and MTV broke the mold......

Money for Nothing.......

Right, quite right. You are bloody well right. You have a bloody right to say! MTV was a game changer.

Rock History acknowledged the paradigm shift when Dire Straights and MTV broke the mold......

Money for Nothing.......

Remember: "Video Killed the Radio Star" (how prophetic was that?)

Ah, but I was so much older then

I'm younger than that now...

- Bob Dylan

My all time favorite Dylan song. One of the best lines of all time. Not to mention the song contained the words "mongrel dogs". It was the 60s...you had to be there, and I was.

Roz

Looking out at the road rushing under my wheels

Looking back at the years gone by like so many summer fields

In sixty-five I was seventeen and running up one-o-one

I don't know where I'm running now, I'm just running on...

- Jackson Browne

I love Dylan. We have seen him twice in concert and we are in our 40's.

But Ripple has my favorite lyrics. We even named one of our cats Ripple, I know silly but we love our cats. The Grateful Dead channel on Sirius XM is actually pretty good. And yeah, Jerry died way too young.

~~

There is a road, no simple highway

Between the dawn and the dark of night,

And if you go, no one may follow

That path is for your steps alone

Ripple in still water

When there is no pebble tossed

Nor wind to blow

You who choose to lead, must follow

But if you fall, you fall alone

If you should stand then who's to guide you?

If I knew the way, I would take you home

I love Dylan. We have seen him twice in concert and we are in our 40's.

But Ripple has my favorite lyrics. We even named one of our cats Ripple, I know silly but we love our cats. The Grateful Dead channel on Sirius XM is actually pretty good. And yeah, Jerry died way too young.

~~

There is a road, no simple highway

Between the dawn and the dark of night,

And if you go, no one may follow

That path is for your steps alone

Ripple in still water

When there is no pebble tossed

Nor wind to blow

You who choose to lead, must follow

But if you fall, you fall alone

If you should stand then who's to guide you?

If I knew the way, I would take you home

A tragic death...I still remember their shows from my high school / college years...

A tragic death...I still remember their shows from my high school / college years...

Yeah, the news was just unbelievable to us. We keep the newspaper from that day in our memory box.

Bob Weir was on the Big Steve Show on Sirius XM just the other day. The stories they can tell... Long Strange Trip is right. ;)