Did you notice the new sticky at the top of the forum? (just what we need - another sticky!)

Posted today by LauraS

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2678822

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=8866

A few minutes ago I was thinking about upcoming October cruise on K'dam, now all I can think about is next year and getting my picture on the cover of Rolling Stone :hearteyes:

I just received an email from HAL about this future new addition and I watched the video. Finally, they really get my attention. I will not be going to bed at 9pm!

There Canadians!:cool:

I have to admit that in all my years here I don't think I've ever looked at any of the stickies...

We’re on Koningsdam in February, looking forward to this new venue. If the musicians are as talented as the B.B. King crew it should be great.

So I guess this answers the question of the Nieuw Statendam "mystery space" on the port side forward of the Queens Lounge, where Billboard Onboard is on the K-dam.

Looks interesting. Considering the popularity and variety of good music from the 60's-80's, this could be very fun and entertaining. :)

Love it! If it's good there will be a few late nights in February.

I might consider that venue -- if it isn't loud.

Can't stand the loud BB King's and hated the Screaming HAL Cats.

Who listens to rock music in low volume? Turn it up and let's rock the house until the ceiling caves in.

Who listens to rock music in low volume? Turn it up and let's rock the house until the ceiling caves in.

Exactly... can't wait!!:D

I just saw it.......fantastic......and I have family that will be doubly pleased......!!!!

If you're concerned about noise, these are great. These are used by the sound board people and musicians on stage. They're about $13 and they're reusable and washable. They come with a carrying case and allow you to appreciate the full dynamic range of the music without the loudness. They're pretty discreet, and they work well. We picked them up for DFIL who found several of the venues - including the show lounge - too loud for comfort. For $13, it's a great way to open up more of the entertainment options. The links go to the regular size, but there's a small size if you have little ear canals.

We can’t wait until our August ‘19 cruise. We rarely go to the main show, but rather have gone to BB King most evenings. This gives us another great choice.

If you're concerned about noise, these are great. These are used by the sound board people and musicians on stage. They're about $13 and they're reusable and washable. They come with a carrying case and allow you to appreciate the full dynamic range of the music without the loudness. They're pretty discreet, and they work well. We picked them up for DFIL who found several of the venues - including the show lounge - too loud for comfort. For $13, it's a great way to open up more of the entertainment options. The links go to the regular size, but there's a small size if you have little ear canals.

This works also

the-honeymooners.jpg?w=620;p

Finally we may be getting away from the Lester Lanin and his Orchestra and Guy Lombardo era.

Good eras but it’s Boomer Time. We grew up on Rock and Roll.

Awesome news! If they're have as good as the BB Kings, it'll be outstanding!

So do you think Jagger will be joining us on the Premiere [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Awesome! Can’t wait to report on it when we set sail 2018-12-10 right after K’dam’s drydock refurbishment. [emoji1591][emoji41][emoji1591]

So do you think Jagger will be joining us on the Premiere [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Doubtful, but we can find someone who can move like Jagger ;p

Finally we may be getting away from the Lester Lanin and his Orchestra and Guy Lombardo era.

Good eras but it’s Boomer Time. We grew up on Rock and Roll.

No more YMCA & disco party. Enough of that. Time to bring back 60's Woodstock theme night.

Great News! Although we appreciate everything Hal offers, exciting to see something in the entertainment area that will be more geared to our musical taste/genre.

Maybe I can finally get my husband to go to one of the shows after dinner! He loves this music.

Exactly... can't wait!!:D

Everything about this post rocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

...Let’s do the time warp again!

Hoping for some AC/DC, Guns & Whitesnake (Maybe a little Metallica thrown in at midnight)

Geeeez, just realized how old we are!!

Hoping for some AC/DC, Guns & Whitesnake (Maybe a little Metallica thrown in at midnight)

Geeeez, just realized how old we are!!

Do you mean Guns 'n Roses and Whitesnake? ;):D

HAL is finally listening to the new huge segment of their demographic... Boomers! ;):D

I quickly read the first line of the sticky (incorrectly, of course) and thought - oh great, the Rolling Stones - a group I've never liked. Then I looked more closely and realized it was Rolling Stone Magazine that they were pairing with; that's a whole different story. I love rock and roll, and will look forward to visiting the venue when it hits the other classes of ships.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

LOL Krooz, Yes that's exactly what I meant! Back in the old day's Guns & Roses at least for those of us on the west coast that loved the 80's heavy rock scene we referred to them only as "Guns". :cool:

Awesome news! If they're have as good as the BB Kings, it'll be outstanding!

I agree! Really looking forward to this!

I quickly read the first line of the sticky (incorrectly, of course) and thought - oh great, the Rolling Stones - a group I've never liked. Then I looked more closely and realized it was Rolling Stone Magazine that they were pairing with; that's a whole different story. I love rock and roll, and will look forward to visiting the venue when it hits the other classes of ships.

I'm thinking Journey, Eagles, ZZ Top, Dire Straits, Steppenwolf, Aerosmith, Boston, Styx, Zeppelin, AC/DC, Queen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Scorpions...................... ;p

No more YMCA & disco party. Enough of that. Time to bring back 60's Woodstock theme night.

Sounds fun! The flower arrangements will all be 'borrowed' for hair effects and we can pretend that the towelling robes are actually kaftans. ;p

Sounds very intriguing.

Done well, it will be wonderful! :D

I'm thinking Journey, Eagles, ZZ Top, Dire Straits, Steppenwolf, Aerosmith, Boston, Styx, Zeppelin, AC/DC, Queen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Scorpions......................

All groups I love listening to - now I can't wait!

Awesome! Can’t wait to report on it when we set sail 2018-12-10 right after K’dam’s drydock refurbishment. [emoji1591][emoji41][emoji1591]

Please do post a report as soon as you can after returning. We will be on the Jan 4th sailing and are excited about this new venue. Thanks.