Chair Hogs Beware!

charlielinda

We were on the Reflection for ten days disembarking last Monday. The pool butlers in the Solarium were laying out these cards daily and removing personal items when left for too long, especially when busy and people were looking for loungers. It was the first time I've seen them so diligent and I was very happy to see it.

Same here. I've noticed the annoying "Reserved" clips pax have started using to secure towels. Sorry, guys/gals but I just toss those right into the trash! When your name is stitched into a lounger then I'll respect your "ownership". I do leave the clips for 1 hour. After that, I just toss them in the nearest trash can. For the flamers, oh, sorry, I mean the guilty hogs, deal with it. You don't own the chairs! Same goes in the theater. We have NO problem sitting where we like. Again, you hogs DON'T own the seats. We did an Oceania trip in Jan. The signs ARE enforced. Pool butlers gave 30 min. & then just "swept" everything away leaving a note saying where the guilty may pick up the shattered dreams of their little lives.

Like your style!

I have been know to also just pick up the towels etc and toss them aside.

If the chair hogs do return, I just say.... "what towels"

I would not recommend personally removing anyone else's things from a lounger. I'd ask an attendant to do it if necessary and point out chairs that'd been vacant for the allotted time. Keithm's method as quoted below is a good way to have an unnecessary confrontation with another passenger. I don't cruise to become a police officer to my fellow passengers. It'd be really unhappy if I returned to my chair after a dip in the pool to find that someone had tossed my things in the trash and I like to treat others as I'd expect to be treated.

I would not recommend personally removing anyone else's things from a lounger. I'd ask an attendant to do it if necessary and point out chairs that'd been vacant for the allotted time. Keithm's method as quoted below is a good way to have an unnecessary confrontation with another passenger. I don't cruise to become a police officer to my fellow passengers. It'd be really unhappy if I returned to my chair after a dip in the pool to find that someone had tossed my things in the trash and I like to treat others as I'd expect to be treated.

What does the “clip” look like? Does anyone have a photo?

We are not pool people so not using the loungers, however, wouldn’t a clip be there so someone can find their towel after getting out of the pool?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are not pool people so not using the loungers, however, wouldn’t a clip be there so someone can find their towel after getting out of the pool?

I don't have a photo but many times the clips are bright plastic in the shape of a fish or tropical bird. They are meant to be used to keep your beach towel from blowing off the chair. They are not used in the solarium. When you see them out on loungers in the sun really early, towel very neat with nothing else it's pretty obvious they are being used to save the chair.

I have removed someones belongings before when the people adjacent (both sides) said they had not seen the people and they had been there for well over 1.5 hours.

Looks kind of like a small pair if ice tongs. You clip the towel to the top of the chair. You can find them in the cheesy stores around the ports.

This is a common problem at resorts especially in places like Thailand where Europeans place their towels on the prime seats and then go into town shopping. There is one particular group of Europeans who are worse than others. At a lot of resorts one has to uplift ones towels from the cabana and return same at the end of the day. Those not returned are charged against one's account. When we have noticed the chair hogs have left for the day we have collected the towels and returned them to the cabana without getting them checked it. The cabana boys are only too aware of what is going on and go along with the ploy. Within a couple of days of getting billed huge amounts for towels its amazing how quickly the practice stops

I don't have a photo but many times the clips are bright plastic in the shape of a fish or tropical bird. They are meant to be used to keep your beach towel from blowing off the chair. They are not used in the solarium. When you see them out on loungers in the sun really early, towel very neat with nothing else it's pretty obvious they are being used to save the chair.

I have removed someones belongings before when the people adjacent (both sides) said they had not seen the people and they had been there for well over 1.5 hours.

I have these clips and use them to prevent having to constantly be rearranging a towel that is trying to slide into an uncomfortable position. Also useful for identifying my chair after coming out of the pool. I would never leave the pool area with the clips on the chair/towel other than quick trip to the loo.

I have these clips and use them to prevent having to constantly be rearranging a towel that is trying to slide into an uncomfortable position. Also useful for identifying my chair after coming out of the pool. I would never leave the pool area with the clips on the chair/towel other than quick trip to the loo.

I guess you have nothing to worry about.

Nice to see you have my reply to you censored. It's what I love about some of you pax. Freedom of speech is fine....provided it agrees with your opinion!
What are you talking about?

I referred to a post of yours quoted by another poster (Sam.Seattle post #27)earlier in this thread. Your sarcasm is misplaced and very antagonistic as well as insulting. Please abide by the rules of this forum and stop bullying. Have a wonderful cruise.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Edited by Luvcrusn

I have been following this. I can honesty say I never notice how long towels stay on a chair...lol I just find one and sit and read / people watch and take my stuff when I am done. I have never had a problem finding a chair....I don't get out early so I never expect to get a prime location...probably the reason I don't actually notice... Maybe if they start policing this I will get a good location from time to time. : -) Woo Hoo!!!!