LIVE Suite Life Harmony Eastern September 15

Andy C

What port are you sailing from? Are you coming in a day ahead? A drink maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are on the Presidents Cruise on Harmony next week. We did last years on Freedom and had a blast!! We are in a GS.

We live in Ormond Beach and will drive down on the day of the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What a selfish attitude. We will soon be pin *(after an average of $2,000. per cruise and that's light) a pinnacle couple has invested over $200,000.00. You bet I'll be in suite lounge with you.

Sorry, we sail in GS most cruises, see ya soon.

Pinnacle's deserve a special area, we agree! Just not the SUITE lounge, unless they are booked in a Suite which is what you usually do, so not issue here :cool:

Dazzles is a very nice venue and will be able to hold the 200+ p members onboard next week.

Royal seems to be handling the suites and p members well with this adjustment. Just what to do on regular sailings when there aren't as many p members?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

98 PC this week and all seems smooth. Contrary to #fakenews, PC have all their perks this week. Staff is smiling, they genuinely seem happy to see most of us.

What's really interesting is the two large corporate groups aboard. Around 1,100 pax between the two of them

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edited by John&LaLa

Pinnacle's deserve a special area, we agree! Just not the SUITE lounge, unless they are booked in a Suite which is what you usually do, so not issue here :cool:
Apparently, for the most case, Royal disagrees with you. [emoji6]

For now yes. They know better and will not piss off the Pinnacles before the President's cruise.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

For the most part, the ships are designed to accommodate both groups. Some sailings have issues, but most don't

Twice the PC on this cruise as last and I dont see service issues.

Are Pinnacles loud? Sometimes, generally when in groups. That's just the nature of a group.

Are they needy? Sometimes, but so are some suite pax.

SL is empty in the morning. CK was full at lunch, but service quick. Doing our first dinner tomorrow.

Have spoken with suite pax at every meal, they seem happy to chat. Dont recall any complaints.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Star room categories for 3 passengers on sailings that I have looked at are close to 20k or over. I have a hard time justifying that premium over a sky class stateroom. The cheapest I have seen a star class room for 3 is about $9k while crown loft is about half that price. I find if I buy the deluxe beverage package, specialty restaurant meals, pay out of pocket for dry cleaning and laundry it would still be cheaper by thousands over star class. Star class has not been worthwhile to our family but to others the experience is. To each there own and most of all just enjoy cruising.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Great post that I agree with.

Hi Frank,

Our daughter had a 2br ATS this April for $8200 for 3 adults. We had a Star Loft for $6800 for the 2 of us on the same sailing. In June we had another Star Loft for $8200 minus our free Pinnacle Cruise Certificate. The price drops were about 45 days before sailing.

Enjoyed Star Class. However will stick to regular Crown Lofts in the future.

Your post pretty much confirms my feelings regarding star class or sailing in a crown loft. Hunter claims we have to sail in star class. But Cindy and I gently reminded him that since his parents are paying, he will go with our decisions. Though we did tell him that if he foots the bill, we can sail in star class :)

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Edited by frank808

For the most part, the ships are designed to accommodate both groups. Some sailings have issues, but most don't

Twice the PC on this cruise as last and I dont see service issues.

Are Pinnacles loud? Sometimes, generally when in groups. That's just the nature of a group.

Are they needy? Sometimes, but so are some suite pax.

SL is empty in the morning. CK was full at lunch, but service quick. Doing our first dinner tomorrow.

Have spoken with suite pax at every meal, they seem happy to chat. Dont recall any complaints.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Suite Guest are generally a round about fixed number. The cabins with full Suite benefits don’t change. The number of Guests in those rooms are different between cruises but I suspect the numbers average out about the same each cruise.

The number of Pinnacle members does change. There were 7 on our late April cruise on Harmony.

Many Suite Guest bring their young children for the cruise. They have as much right as anyone in the SL/CK. There are many threads here on CC with cruisers stating disgust with kids onboard and especially in the Lounges. I too have seen those eyeballing (if looks could only talk) kids in the SL/CK and it’s not limited to P members.

I already have my CK reservations for the next week. My kids are grown. So I don’t expect any issues onboard and not looking for them. The only issue I have had in the CK was a Suite Guest vaping at his table in the CK. This problem with dealt with quickly.

I do think that kids are welcome in SL/CK for Suite Guests and people with issues with them just need to get over it. If they don’t like kids, then find another location to drink or dine.

We were on the Harmony for both the Sept. 8 and Sept. 15 sailings and during both cruises there were children of varying ages in the SL and CK. All of them were usually very well behaved. As grandparents we enjoy being around children in the SL and CK and often complimented both the children and the parents. On the Sept. 15 cruise we actually became "cruise friends" with a family with two of the most amazing children that we have ever met on a ship. :):)

On both of those cruises there were instances where a little one cried, screamed, and on the Sept. 15 jumped around on furniture. Such behavior probably resulted in someone giving a "look" and/or "rolling of eyes" but most of the adults remembered that their/our own children were not always perfect:) and smiled to themselves.

Edited by beachnative

John, there were 35 pinnacles on our cruise and they absolutely robbed us and a few other families from our experience in CK. Service was slower and spotty and the staff admitted it.

We (our kids) received many dirty looks mostly from the Ps. As did another large family with a lot of grand kids who resorted to eating in the MDR because of this and the service issues. Angry adults giving me the evil eye doesn't bother me and is ancillary. What is not ancillary is paying for a SUITE and having pinnacles take up our space and staff time which they did, thus cheapening our experience as compared to prior sailings.

You need your own lounge. Dazzles is underutilized. And imagine being able to stand by those big glass windows so everyone below could see those shinny gold pins!

• Haha 1

Good morning BeachNative. We just came from the Harmony cruise on Sept 15/18 where we met you and your lovely wife. We were the couple that waited with you to see Grease and we are from Canada. Our names are Ken and Joanne. We had a chat about the Mariner of the Seas model we have missing from our collection. Hope you remember us. Our email is cloudwalker56@gmaiil.com. Such a pleasure to meet both of you. Love to hear from you in the future.

Ken

Good morning BeachNative. We just came from the Harmony cruise on Sept 15/18 where we met you and your lovely wife. We were the couple that waited with you to see Grease and we are from Canada. Our names are Ken and Joanne. We had a chat about the Mariner of the Seas model we have missing from our collection. Hope you remember us. Our email is cloudwalker56@gmaiil.com. Such a pleasure to meet both of you. Love to hear from you in the future.

Ken

Hello Ken,

I do remember you as well as our conversation about the Mariner model. I will be true to my promise when we board the Mariner. If the model is available we will purchase it and send it to you. I will also contact you via e-mail to get your land address for the delivery.

We are happy to help you with this.

Think I am going to switch out of Symphony to this one.

andy..some guy on our CC page just posted this I paid $1095 PP, tax and fees included and got $350 OBC from my TA.

We are two adults and two kids.

check it out on the CC page..maybe he can help ya

I finally ended ended up doing this....we are three adults-so we need the space and our rate for the OS was a total of 5703 including all fees/tips etc...got $520 OBC from TA, one free spa treatment and bottle of wine...only $200 OBC from RCI

John, there were 35 pinnacles on our cruise and they absolutely robbed us and a few other families from our experience in CK. Service was slower and spotty and the staff admitted it.

We (our kids) received many dirty looks mostly from the Ps. As did another large family with a lot of grand kids who resorted to eating in the MDR because of this and the service issues. Angry adults giving me the evil eye doesn't bother me and is ancillary. What is not ancillary is paying for a SUITE and having pinnacles take up our space and staff time which they did, thus cheapening our experience as compared to prior sailings.

You need your own lounge. Dazzles is underutilized. And imagine being able to stand by those big glass windows so everyone below could see those shinny gold pins!

Really dont care about SL, plenty of places to drink. I do like CK and lucky for me, that is still a benefit allotted for us.

Staff I've spoken with in CK and SL tell me last week was pretty slow, no issues to speak of.

People tell you what you want to hear I guess.

Really dont care about SL, plenty of places to drink. I do like CK and lucky for me, that is still a benefit allotted for us.

Staff I've spoken with in CK and SL tell me last week was pretty slow, no issues to speak of.

People tell you what you want to hear I guess.

I won't beat a dead horse. Enjoy both of your cruises to the fullest. Following along on your review.

perfect solution! P's go to Dazzles....a beautiful lounge! I hope RC takes your advice!

Does anyone really know what is capacity for CK during dinner? We always make our dinner reservations for 630. Not too early and not too late.

May need to adjust for later Labadee performance. If it’s a problem, we’ll just go to WJ with the hundreds of people coming back from Labadee.

Does anyone really know what is capacity for CK during dinner? We always make our dinner reservations for 630. Not too early and not too late.

May need to adjust for later Labadee performance. If it’s a problem, we’ll just go to WJ with the hundreds of people coming back from Labadee.

Or order room service. I had fun trying that a couple of times!

Since I was one of the "snobs" you maligned on day one and you continue to reference that occasion, I feel I must respond. You claimed that you overheard us saying that Pinnacles should have their own bar. Nothing could be farther from the truth. If you had heard the entire conversation you would have realized that we are staying on for the September 29 President's cruise and we were speculating what arrangements would be made for Pinnacle and Suites guests since the current estimate is that there will be 235 Pinnacles on board. Clearly, the bar on deck 17 won't be able to handle that crowd. So we were speculating that maybe a separate bar area would be set aside to accommodate the Pinnacles, A far cry from what you thought you heard and erroniously posted. Your eavesdropping skills need some work.

You accused my wife of rudely demanding a drink while the bar was still being set up. Again you are wrong. She merely asked what brands of Pinot Grigio were being stocked at the bar on this cruise. If this represnts rude behavior then I will stand corrected.

Then you carried on about the "silly pins" that the Pinnacles wear. In fact, the senior Officers and Management of Royal Caribbean ask that we wear our pins as often as we can. They are rightfully proud of the Crown and Anchor Loyalty Program. Many young cruisers upon being introduced to the program think that getting to the 700 cruise points required for Pinnacle status is an impossible dream. We current Pinnacles show that it's quite possible and hopefully encourage young cruisers to be loyal to Royal.

In most of your posts you go out of your way to deride the Pinnacles. Is it possible that you are envious because we get far more recognition from the Officers and Crew? In any event your posts have been a great source of entertainment and look forward to who or what you're going to complain about tomorrow.

I cannot talk for all but the majority of the Pinacles are arogant and so anoying thinking they own the ship. A lot of them only cruise because they figured out that it's cheaper being on board then living at home, taking the cheapest cabins and bargain deals. Then they gather way in advance before open bar opens and take away all the seats and suite guests, the ones that generate real revenue are left with nothing. If there are a few pinacles there is no issue if they take up one or two tables, but in a situation where paying suite guests are getting abandoned all those cheap skate Pinacles that are staying in inside cabins should get kicked out, and trust me there are a lot. Again, there are very nice Pinacles that cruise because they are really pationate about cruising and also others that stay in balcony cabins or only suites and generate a nice income to RCCL. However the majority of them are cheap skates that complain all the time and just try to get free perks, on board credit etc. Since management in Miami likes to enhance anything away where they possibly can, they should start to calculate on their Pinacles and they will easily find out that with many of them it will be cheaper to have them off board then on board the ship.

The Pinacles look so redicioulous wearing their "silly pins", on the other hand it's a great "alarm signal" for the crew members / senior officers on board as they have a moment to mentally prepare for another fake complaint with the anticipation to get again something for free :'). Pinacles are absolutely not popular by the crew members and there is nothing worse for them when they need to be part of a transatlantic, transpacifc or any other repositioning cruise where the numbers go completely insane.