LIVE Suite Life Harmony Eastern September 15

Andy C

OK, how about KSF promotion going on now. No revenue generated there. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Even the KSF promo that I have booked a few times is the same royal sale pricing. When the price of the first 2 passengers goes up, to compensate for the "sale", it is not a sale in my eyes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Even the KSF promo that I have booked a few times is the same royal sale pricing. When the price of the first 2 passengers goes up, to compensate for the "sale", it is not a sale in my eyes.

Really, did not realize that. I've read that was one of the few true sales.

FWIW, I've always found it to be slightly discriminatory to childless cruisers. They rarely do 3rd and 4th pax free.

. And many, you included, got a ridiculous low price.

The above from someone who boasted about using the system to gain Pinnacle on his his wife’s coattails so he can wear the badge to enjoy the benefits.

I feel sorry for the suite guests who paid RCIs inflated $uite pices and received less than a sweet suite experience.

I’ve experienced a suite on HAL, Princess and Celebrity for less money than most GSs originally sell for.

A GS was just advertised for a ridiculous low price, several folks jumped on it. There are good prices and there are high prices and then sales after sales that may not be the best price.

Ridiculously low? No. It is probably the best price and what is the true value to the cruise line. Anything over is profit.

Too many Pinnacles have reduced the suite experience - probably for most Ps as well, one reason some appear to push the experience. Yes, it is past time for your own lounge set up similar to the Diamond Lounge.

My take away after reading this thread is that as suite guests I will no longer avoid the suite lounge if we have our kids with us. (As long as they are on their best behavior)

I too hate the dirty looks we occasionally get when we walk in with kids. We always felt like we didn’t belong. This thread has definitely changed how I view the lounge. We may even stop in for a cocktail at night [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To be honest the Dirty Look Brigade are everywhere not just on ships.

I have had them off people for no reason,maybe I smile too much or dress to smart.

These are sad people and not worth getting upset over.

Got any extra buttons for next week?

How do you think your idea would go towards generating revenue for Royal?

Not many people can spend the $ for Deck 17 Cabins.

I agree with you Rory.

The price of those suites people deserve to have their own SL.

A top class loyalty lounge with eating facilities for Pinnacles and D+ only should be available and a DL for Diamonds.

Yes, on this thread.

However, in the lounge almost everyone gets along great...at least from what we have observed over the years. We enjoy meeting people (Suite & Pinnacle) if they appear approachable. At times there are a few Pinnacles and a few suite quests that we tend to avoid because of their body language.

During the Sept. 15 cruise, on the helipad during the Suites/Pinnacle party, a (suite) dad said to me that his son (looked about 5) wanted to be a Pinnacle. I then took off my pin and put it on the boy's t-shirt and said "You are now one." Dad smiled, took pictures, and thanked me. That same scenario took place in CK on the last night of the cruise when two amazing young people came over to us to say "good-bye".....again the pin placement and smiles after they said that their goal was to become Pinnacle. Now, in reality, what these young people really meant was that they wanted to cruise a lot.

The saddest part of this thread is the arrogance in words and tone that appear at times. In the Lounge that seldom happens because guests are face to face and not hiding faceless and anonymously on line.

I agree,if everyone is friendly and generous like yourselves it is difficult for people not to get along with others.

Your kids are suite guests too. In fact, they are more SUITE guests than a pinnacle in a non-suite will ever be. Glad to be of assistance.

It is unfortunate that first day turned out how it did. We were so disgusted with some of the looks, the rude demands on staff, asking for a drink at the bar even though I was sitting there first, etc... We lost all interest in getting to know any of them on our cruise. An entire family on our cruise Grandpa, Grandma, their 3 daughters and their respective spouses and all their grandchildren resorted to eating in the MDR because of this behavior. I sound like a broken record. I hope to never have this experience again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right to say it and it is terrible a whole generation of family had their Cruise experience spoiled by some inconsiderate passengers.

Really, did not realize that. I've read that was one of the few true sales.

FWIW, I've always found it to be slightly discriminatory to childless cruisers. They rarely do 3rd and 4th pax free.

Or how about the fact that only kids up to 12 years old are free? Their KSF promo is also discriminatory to my teens. I get that they are trying to give parents a break with KSF and don't want 4 adults using this promo since their costs are split between either 2 couples or 4 singles. But we pay 100% for everything for my 2 kids who are 14 & 15 but they don't qualify for KSF promo. I don't understand this.

Personlly, the only time we'd take advantage of the KSF sale would be if 4 of us were in a suite - when we do balconies we get 2 cabins. But there are others who would use this promo but can't.

Not what I meant. Just pointing out that some folks on the ship dont generate revenue. You seem to keep inferring that suite pax pay top dollar for entry. And many, you included, got a ridiculous low price.

The rules state PC are welcome, Royal appreciate their patronage. Your line is to extreme. I'm sorry you did not get the best window seat, or someone got served before you.

That's life in general. FWIW, I didn't step foot in CK today and got zero drinks in the SL. Hung out with dagunny in Falmouth.

Busting your chops, John! Seriously, you all would be over the top if you had your own lounge with a restaurant.

Speaking of behavior, we saw people at the SL bar at night with bikinis and mesh coverups and lots of shorts. When mentioned to the wardens, responses overheard were they are in suites, what can we do. Wonder how that will go over next week?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

If they were in Suites they wouldn't have had far to go back and get changed.

There are many suites that are not on deck 17, look at the deck plans. Those passengers being discussed could have had a suite on deck 6, which is no where near the SL and CK.
Didn't have a deck plan to hand but remembered M8 mentioned expensive Suites on Deck17 where the SL was.

Thanks for the correction I will have my RC brochure to hand next time.

Speaking of behavior, we saw people at the SL bar at night with bikinis and mesh coverups and lots of shorts. When mentioned to the wardens, responses overheard were they are in suites, what can we do. Wonder how that will go over next week?

My only concern with them wearing bikinis is they have probably been out in the sun with lots of sun creams and oils on their skin then sat down on chairs and got oil on the chairs then someone in a dress or trousers sits down and gets the sun cream/ oil on their good clothes.

I find this thread quite sad! You can't tar people with the same brush just because you may have met a few people you didn't get along with for whatever reason. There are nice and not so nice in all walks of life and this goes for those who cruise. We have sailed in full suites at times and I go to the lounge to enjoy a nice drink not to pay attention to what others are doing.

I find this thread quite sad! You can't tar people with the same brush just because you may have met a few people you didn't get along with for whatever reason. There are nice and not so nice in all walks of life and this goes for those who cruise. We have sailed in full suites at times and I go to the lounge to enjoy a nice drink not to pay attention to what others are doing.

The criticism of the guests is one thing, I agree, but the main point is Royal's policy of granting access to non-suite guests. Has nothing to do with how nice they are, they could be fabulous people but they are still taking up seats and tables and dinner reservation slots and bartender's time, etc.

This is why we ended up with a Suite Lounge.

What’s wrong with shorts at the bar in the SL or shorts in general in the SL. I know those are some of the rules in the DL/CL. We asked for a more relaxed atmosphere and we got it. I can show you in the letter where shorts are not barred from the SL. It does request slacks/pants on the two formal nights during cocktail hours.

I’ll see if I can post it.

Didn't have a deck plan to hand but remembered M8 mentioned expensive Suites on Deck17 where the SL was.

Thanks for the correction I will have my RC brochure to hand next time.

Most of the Star Class Suites are on Deck 17. I think there is one or two of the Aqua Suites that are also Star Class.

Perhaps the suites should be given a special area in Windjammer, put the Diamond Lounge in Dazzles, and rename CK and SL to Pinnacle Kitchen and Pinnacle Lounge or allow only Pinnacles in the deck 17 rooms. After all, a couple spends a quarter of a million to get to Pinnacle so why waste the deck 17 to those that are not invested? There are two edges to a sword.

Oh I don't like that suggestion at all. LOL

I can share my personal experience of how RC was able to get me to grossly overpay for a Suite. I wanted to try a mega ship, my husband absolutely did not. My strategy was to book a Suite (yes agree overpriced) so that if the crowds got to him we would have other options to avoid the crowds. That's what I call a win/win! Now if this turns out to be a success for our first cruise on RC, no doubt we will rebook our suite experience each year, thus RC is certainly getting a good return on their investment in this family. :) No CK/SL included, I would not be willing to pay a suite rate.

Most of the Star Class Suites are on Deck 17. I think there is one or two of the Aqua Suites that are also Star Class.

Oasis class has two A1 and two A2 aqua theatre 2 bedroom star class suites. I believe they are on deck 8 and 9.

Oasis class has two A1 and two A2 aqua theatre 2 bedroom star class suites. I believe they are on deck 8 and 9.

Hi Frank,

Oasis has 6- 2 bedroom ATS, They are on Decks 8, 9 and 10. There are 5 Star Class cabins on Deck 17.

See you soon.

John