LIVE Suite Life Harmony Eastern September 15

Andy C

Looking forward to yours as well. Are you going to stick to CK or do specialty dining? We really don't see a need for specialty dining with CK. Our last experience at Izumi with the food was very mediocre although the staff and the performance were very nice. The hibachi experience on NCL Escape was far better.
Hi Andy, enjoyed your live review. Did you happen to sail in the Haven on the NCL Escape?

Hi Andy, enjoyed your live review. Did you happen to sail in the Haven on the NCL Escape?

I did not. I brought the folks along and paid for 3 spa mini suites. The thermal spa on that ship was spectacular. Should’ve done Haven. But that was our first and last NCL cruise (not counting Sunward II in the 80s). We didn’t care for the crowd and the lay out of that ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not. I brought the folks along and paid for 3 spa mini suites. The thermal spa on that ship was spectacular. Should’ve done Haven. But that was our first and last NCL cruise (not counting Sunward II in the 80s). We didn’t care for the crowd and the lay out of that ship.

Got it. 3 spa mini suites is alot. I think the Haven would be a good fit for you and your family, maybe try it at some point. It's very service driven and the best part for you would be the exclusive use to Haven guests only.

Got it. 3 spa mini suites is alot. I think the Haven would be a good fit for you and your family, maybe try it at some point. It's very service driven and the best part for you would be the exclusive use to Haven guests only.

Several friends have said the same to me. Honestly, I only do these mass market lines because of the kids. If it were my wife and I alone we would do Regent, Crystal or Seabourn. Don’t get me started on RCI food in every venue. NCL had pretty bad food as well. I simply resign myself to this as I do on every cruise.

Andy. They brought staff and waiters from Wonderland to assist.

We have met many P’s who are wonderful. But like everything, some are different. We witnessed 2 P’s, 2 ladies, who were denied access to CK for dinner. The pair sat themselves at the objection of staff. They were waited on. So they took someone’s seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also don’t believe RC wants to lose the $50,000+ the majority of Pinnacle members spend per year.

What bothers me more then anything and causes overcrowding are the people traveling in Suites that believe because they are in a suite they can invite their kids, family members and friends that are not sailing in a suite into the SL, Barefoot Beach, reserved seating areas, etc.— amazing how many blue cards are spotted in these areas.

Also, believe well behaved children should be welcome in the DL, CL or SL except during Happy Hour. During Happy Hour this is a bar and a bar is not an appropriate atmosphere for children. Just call me old fashion!

You make some good points.

However, I also believe that RC doesn’t want to lose their Loyal Suite Cruising Base. We sail 3-4 times a year exclusively in suites, except for our last cruise booked 4 days prior to sailing. Occasionally we are in CLS but mainly sail in Star Class. Two of those sailings would be close to what you state Pinnacles spend in a year. Right now we are halfway to Pinnacle in 12 years and our son is almost D+ by his actual sailings at 11.

RC won’t want to lose the money you speak of from Pinnacle Members, but people with Pinnacle loyalty aren’t going walk away to start fresh somewhere else. They might slide sideways to Celebrity at most where loyalty is equal. There are new cruisers coming everyday and if you and I both stopped cruising tomorrow they wouldn’t even miss us.

As for the over crowding in the lounges, Suite guests should not be sneaking others in. That being said I bet there are some Pinnacles doing the same, after all no Concereige wants to offend the highest loyalty or suite guests. No one can sneak into Barefoot Beach, because they have to get past Roberto, the eagle eyed host and have the special wrist band. Non suite guests (up to 6) can be in Barefoot Beach if they were able to have rented a cabana or are guests of a cabana “owner”.

As for happy hour, people can drink on the ship almost as soon as the sun rises. A few evening hours in the SL make no difference. I personally am not a fan of kids in the DL though, but am more than happy with them in the SL.

Everyone has different perspectives, but we all have a love for cruising.

We have met lovely pinnacles as well. The conversation and the demands on staff from several pinnacles pissed me off from the start of our cruise. And the nasty looks towards all of our kids didn't help either.

I am not surprised that those two sat themselves and insisted on being served. The sense of entitlement is disgusting and it is more the norm than the exception.

Thanks for the update.

However, I also believe that RC doesn’t want to lose their Loyal Suite Cruising Base. We sail 3-4 times a year exclusively in suites, except for our last cruise booked 4 days prior to sailing. Occasionally we are in CLS but mainly sail in Star Class. Two of those sailings would be close to what you state Pinnacles spend in a year. Right now we are halfway to Pinnacle in 12 years and our son is almost D+ by his actual sailings at 11.

RC won’t want to lose the money you speak of from Pinnacle Members, but people with Pinnacle loyalty aren’t going walk away to start fresh somewhere else. They might slide sideways to Celebrity at most where loyalty is equal. There are new cruisers coming everyday and if you and I both stopped cruising tomorrow they wouldn’t even miss us.

As for the over crowding in the lounges, Suite guests should not be sneaking others in. That being said I bet there are some Pinnacles doing the same, after all no Concereige wants to offend the highest loyalty or suite guests. No one can sneak into Barefoot Beach, because they have to get past Roberto, the eagle eyed host and have the special wrist band. Non suite guests (up to 6) can be in Barefoot Beach if they were able to have rented a cabana or are guests of a cabana “owner”.

As for happy hour, people can drink on the ship almost as soon as the sun rises. A few evening hours in the SL make no difference. I personally am not a fan of kids in the DL though, but am more than happy with them in the SL.

Everyone has different perspectives, but we all have a love for cruising.

Agree. But I firmly believe pinnacles should have their own lounge.

I think Pineapples or um ...Pinnacles should embody all 3 of their characteristics at all times.

- Stand Tall -that’s a check for most

- Wear a Crown - also a check with the pin

- Be Sweet - a check for some, but others need a little reminder that sweetness is always needed, not tart or sour.

[emoji23][emoji39]

Agree. But I firmly believe pinnacles should have their own lounge.

With their growing numbers I think there is a legitimate need for one, with the ability for them to have dinners. I’m halfway there at 45. There have to be a lot of Pinnacles arriving before me in the next ten years or so. Yes, some will stop cruising for numerous reasons, but there will be positive population growth in this CA level for a long time. I believe the decline will happened with the end of the boomers.

Who knows, in another 20 years the Pinnacles might be able to use one level of the dining room for their lounge and restaurant.:confused:

I’m wondering if the overcrowding on the presidents cruise, without alternate venues, is deliberate. If the Pinnacles object to the SL/CK crowding, should an alternate or change to the C&A program come this week - they won’t like it, but might have a better understanding.

I’m thanking my lucky stars I didn’t book this cruise!

Looking forward to my Princess cruise departing in ten days. Expect a lot of Elite to be on board, no pins, no entitlement, just a quick show of their black card to get ahead of the tender lines. As a suite guest, I’ll use the suite card as I’m not quite there yet.

We followed a Zenith off our last Celebrity cruise. Wouldn’t have known, if I didn’t see her card being scanned. No entitlement.

RCI needs to take a long hard look at the disaster they created and make a change that benefits suite guests paying a premium for their suite vs the long term guest riding on their past cruise experience.

With their growing numbers I think there is a legitimate need for one, with the ability for them to have dinners. I’m halfway there at 45. There have to be a lot of Pinnacles arriving before me in the next ten years or so. Yes, some will stop cruising for numerous reasons, but there will be positive population growth in this CA level for a long time. I believe the decline will happened with the end of the boomers.

Who knows, in another 20 years the Pinnacles might be able to use one level of the dining room for their lounge and restaurant.:confused:

I made PC at 55

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You sir are one of the kind ones. You gave my boys pins in the elevator. I recall you wearing very short shorts like Magnum P.I.

I enjoy Macallan and did in fact order it with little ice. I had a good banter with the bartenders and tipped them very handsomely. They loved our boys. Really an outstanding crew. One of them even told me to shut up and sit down which I did. Another cruiser explained that I could get them fired for talking to me that way. They had to explain to our fellow cruiser that it was our own personal banter and that they could speak to me that way.

We changed out Symphony cruise back to Harmony because of the crew in SL/CK.

Looking forward to the day when the only people I see in SL/CK are people who actually paid for a suite. It’s coming soon.

Actually, we talked to Millie, who runs Crown and Anchor, at our luncheon and she stated no changes are coming. That's from the horses mouth, so I would believe that. She also told us that on the Mariner crossing. Many rumors are generated and many take the bait, but this is fact, and a whole theater heard it.

I’m wondering if the overcrowding on the presidents cruise, without alternate venues, is deliberate. If the Pinnacles object to the SL/CK crowding, should an alternate or change to the C&A program come this week - they won’t like it, but might have a better understanding.

I’m thanking my lucky stars I didn’t book this cruise!

Looking forward to my Princess cruise departing in ten days. Expect a lot of Elite to be on board, no pins, no entitlement, just a quick show of their black card to get ahead of the tender lines. As a suite guest, I’ll use the suite card as I’m not quite there yet.

We followed a Zenith off our last Celebrity cruise. Wouldn’t have known, if I didn’t see her card being scanned. No entitlement.

RCI needs to take a long hard look at the disaster they created and make a change that benefits suite guests paying a premium for their suite vs the long term guest riding on their past cruise experience.

Plenty of alternate venues

Just wondering how are you able to cruise without your son much?

In 4 years we are close to 300 pts and our son has only 3 cruises less than us. We told him that cruising 175 nights by the ripe age of 11 is pretty good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just wondering how are you able to cruise without your son much?

In 4 years we are close to 300 pts and our son has only 3 cruises less than us. We told him that cruising 175 nights by the ripe age of 11 is pretty good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Two great grandmas, and a son in school who plays lots of sports is the fast answer. We always take a family cruise and a mom and dad cruise ever year. However it normally works out that we take two of those. Let your boy know how lucky he is. :)

Now the long answer. My mom lives on a farm literally attached to our farm. Her place is where I grew up. My MIL and FIL used to live 30 minutes away for decades, since the late 60s infact, well before it knew Lisa. Almost 5 years ago they moved into a house a mile down the road from us, on another farm we own. My FIL passed away almost 2 years ago so it is great that both widowed moms are our neighbours. If they have any needs we are close by to help them out.

For a period of time we we haven't pulled Owen from school for cruises, but previous to that we had. Our son’s first cruise was at the age of 5 on Princess, the Panama Canal. There were two other B2Bs with one week being over his March Break, and the other not. Once he hit 9 we stopped that extra week off. As of now, he might miss a day to fly in for a Saturday departure but that’s it. His sailings with us are March break or summer sailings. This year he went on Harmony in March, Alaska in July, and a last minute Allure in August. In October and January he isn’t joining us.

Both Grandmas will split the duties of watching him. Which basically is getting him on the bus at 8am and doing whatever they want all day at their house or ours, until 4:15 when he gets dropped off at home. After that a small break, home work, dinner and a relaxing evening or practice and to bed by 9:15. In return for watching Owen my MIL gets to travel with us once a year, “on the house”. ;) For my mom, I check her house for half the year while she is travelling. It works out quite well for all involved. Truthfully it would be better if she was home more but she is starting to slow down.

I think coming from a Canada to cruise with such a great distance of travel makes a difference as well. I’m not sure about your situation but we said no long distance travel for him until he was older. If we lived a few hours drive to the cruise port it would have been much different dragging with us whatever he needed. With our situation it takes 11 hours from our house to the precruise hotel. LOL, one day will we retire to Florida for the winter like everyone else and drive to the port.

Frank lives a little further away than you.[emoji6]

Just noticed that. Frank, very lucky son.:D

We are going to return to Hawaii in the future and take Owen with us, and he is excited to go. Probably in a couple years. Just have to figure out when; around school, sports and your home weather. Lisa doesn’t want to go in the summer so it could be tough.

It's been easy for us to cruise with the boys because they are only 2 and 4 so traveling in low season is not an issue. We have found great suite pricing as a result. The 4 year old has been on a 10 day Equinox, Reflection and twice on Harmony.

Our spring break next year is April 20. A GS that week on Symphony is $14k. I'll spend that kind of money on a vacation but not for a cruise so not sure what is going to happen going forward. I've heard that once they start Kindergarten they really start frowning on you taking the kids out of school for vacations.

Andrew, on a separate note I have those two side by side GS for December, do you think it is worth spending an extra $3k total for two side by side CL L1s? The second suite will be used by my mom, FIL and MIL.