regent vs oceania in the baltic

sjoantwe

Planning to do the Baltic next summer, 2019. I really wanted to include Amesterdam , but I think I will have to do it first and fly to wherever the cruise departs from. I looked at Viking but I dont like when they go, May-July. I wanted to go in August or September. Can anyone compare Regent & Oceania in this area? Pluses and minuses, if any? How about excursions from both lines? Are they comparable?

We've cruised on both lines and they are excellent. Regent is truly all inclusive, including air, gratuities, all premium spirits, excursions i every port (although some tours there is a charge) and cabins are bigger than Oceania (except the largest suite on O's newest ships). While food is excellent on both lines, O is considered tops. Entertainment is comparable , but neither are as good as the larger mass market lines. The O r class ships have very small bathrooms. . Regent generally is more expensive and is considered 6* while O is 5 1/2*. BTW, both lines are now owned by the same parent, NCL.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing a Crystal Cruise next summer starting on July 17. That date might not be good for you, but the cruise ends in Amsterdam and you also have an overnight in Amsterdam the last night. You spend 2 nights, 3 full days in St. Petersburg.

Oceania is the only cruise ship that stays for three days in St. Petersburg. That gives it the edge IMO. We went and had a great cruise on Marina.

I believe Seabourn and Azamara also stay three days in St Petersburg.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...

We like Oceania better personally. The food is a bit better, and as a couple others have mentioned, they stay longer in St. Petersburg. As far as your question about the excursions, we have never done an excursion from either ship. We normally book a private tour with a local tour guide. We have had much better experiences doing things this way. We get to see what we want to see, our tour guide picks us up at the ship, and gets us back, etc. When we were in St. Petersburg, we used Anastasia's Travel. Our guide was amazing. She had these neat stories to tell us about all the places we visited. We never would have heard these otherwise. Consider doing something like this if you are unsure of the ships excursions!