Drinks vouchers on sea pass instead of happy hours in skylounge

di T

We were aboard the Reflection one week ago. The letter left in our cabin upon embarkation said that three drinks were loaded on our card so we assumed nothing was going on in the Sky Lounge so went up there for cocktails with non-Elite friends. They were having the Elite cocktail hour and surprisingly welcomed our friends in with us. I assumed that it was one or the other (elite hour or loaded on card) but obviously not.

Are you saying your received cocktails during Elite cocktail hour PLUS the three loaded on your card? This is how RCI operates. Thank you!

No Limits! Wow, that’s interesting. What’s so nice with No Limits, we will be able to identify other Elites by spotting those laying face down in the middle of the passageways at 7:01pm!!

Neat.

Den

On our RCL TA it was open from 5-8:30 :o

Still like drinking at Sunset Bar better

On Equinox in July we also were directed toward the central part of the Sky Lounge for the Elite event and not allowed to sit by the windows on the starboard side of the lounge, Those were held for the folks buying drinks from the bar. We didn't mind as we had the rest of the lounge windows if we so chose. I prefer the lounge for a chance to meet others and for the prompt service, pleasant waiters and the munchies served.

Are you saying your received cocktails during Elite cocktail hour PLUS the three loaded on your card? This is how RCI operates. Thank you!

NO … just use the card for each drink The lounge is available for sitting as usual but the waiter must take your card and record it

currently on Eclipse and we have 3 drink vouchers on our sea passes instead of the normal lounge happy hour! After 25 Celebrity cruises this is only the 3rd time we have had this and on the other times it was on transatlantic cruises. The hostess says this is going fleet wide and as been on the Eclipse for months! Have any of you experienced this?

We can use the vouchers at most bars between 5&7pm but I get the impression the bar staff in some bars and not really interested in serving the drinks from the Captains club menu. Really miss the atmosphere in the lounge and the friendships with fellow guests and staff. In fact thinking of doing more other cruise lines not just because of this but lots of little niggles we used to feel our loyalty was important but not now. Dianne

I thought this was a GREAT improvement over being forced to be in the Sky Lounge to get your drinks....gives you much more flexibility and also enables you to either bring a drink to dinner or order one at dinner.....works better for us this way.

I thought this was a GREAT improvement over being forced to be in the Sky Lounge to get your drinks....gives you much more flexibility and also enables you to either bring a drink to dinner or order one at dinner.....works better for us this way.
You say that we can order a drink in the MDR and use the coupon on our card? I didn't think we could do that. We always just went to the lounge or ordered at the bars. Edited by Lady Arwen
spelling

You say that we order a drink in the MDR and use the coupon on our card? I didn't think we could do that. We always just went to the lounge or ordered at the bars.

When we were on our TA on Eclipse in April you could order in the MDR and one person at our table did that. This was around 7-7:30PM so perhaps there is a time limit but the Captain specifically announced the "free" drinks could be used in the MDR....no idea if the same is true on other ships...

We really enjoy the camaraderie of Royal's diamond lounge however Sky Lounge on X always felt too large a space for the Elite event. Whenever we attend there are usually 20 - 30 people scattered around the room in groups of 4 - 8. Felt kind of cliquish. Perhaps clustering Elites in center of room will generate more of a community feeling.

When we were on our TA on Eclipse in April you could order in the MDR and one person at our table did that. This was around 7-7:30PM so perhaps there is a time limit but the Captain specifically announced the "free" drinks could be used in the MDR....no idea if the same is true on other ships...
Thank you for the update! We'll be on Infinity in May, so we'll see if that's the case.

We will be on the Summit in 21 days, and the Infinity in 92 days. I am hoping when Summit cruisers return from the first 14 night Canada/New England on September 23 to have more information. We are on the third and last Canada/New England cruise of the season. For this cruise we do not have a drink package. For the Infinity we do.

I was on the same cruise and the time was extended as there were 1600 Elite and up onboard. Impossible to serve them all in 2 hours

OK, my understanding is that when there are that many Elites on a sailing the "three drinks on card" is instituted.

However, I do not believe it is common practice.

OK, my understanding is that when there are that many Elites on a sailing the "three drinks on card" is instituted.

I have heard the rationale is overcrowding of the evening event, thus the 3 drinks on the card. What is the numerical 3 that triggers the drinks on the card, when is it decided, who makes the decision and if there are any other items to consider....

I like the drinks on the card. It allows us to enjoy our drinks with others traveling with us not yet at the Elite level.

Since you do not even need to buy anything to sit in the comfy chairs by the windows, your interesting observation may have been based on an incorrect assumption.

You seem to be saying that when you were sitting by the window in the Sky Lounge someone refused to give you one of the Elite drinks and appetizers. Very unusual from my experience.

I thought it was unusual as well but the situation was as described. The waiters with appetizers only served those in the inner area. Drinks as well were only served to the elites sitting by the bandstand.

We were told by the Captains Club hostess when we were on the Infinity (2 -9 September 2018) that the three drinks loaded on the Seapass cards is going fleetwide no matter the number of elites and above on the cruise.

This was the case, but a few are reporting that it will be the normal procedure to have the 3 drinks on the card . The extended hours was to be able to serve half the ship. 2 hours was not enough for 1600

We were told by the Captains Club hostess when we were on the Infinity (2 -9 September 2018) that the three drinks loaded on the Seapass cards is going fleetwide no matter the number of elites and above on the cruise.

Hope they are correct I think it's a MUCH better way of offering this perk.

I was on the Constellation in August and there was the Elite happy hour in the Sky Lounge ,

I will be on the infinity in November and wonder how that will be

You will still have the elite happy hour in the Constellation Lounge on the Infinity from 5 to 7:00 PM. As you know except the first evening and the evening of the Senior Offices party. The 3 drinks loaded on your Seapass card can be used during the elite HHs in the Constellation Lounge and/or at one of the other bars/lounges during the same time frame. You will be asked for your Seapass card even in the Constellation Lounge during the elite HHs when ordering your drinks. They keep track of the number of drinks you order. This is what we experienced on our 2-9 September 2018 Infinity cruise.