Lisbon transportation

hello

I would like someone to help me and explaining to me what would be best to buy to get around Lisbon

The Day we arrive

We have a transfer from airport to rossio hotel near rossio square That is taken care of

On our first day

We plan to take a free walking tour , so we need to get there

We plan to go to the marketplace that night and then back to hotel

So let’s say we need to take 3 trips 3 tickets

Next day we go to Fatima.

By bus transport” rede “

We will need to get to the metro station where the bus will take us to Fatima from our hotel

On our return from Fatima we want to

head to Belem for some pastries that night

Let’s say it’s 3 tickets For our 2 nd day in Lisbon

We have not planned out our transportation to the ship yet

Should we take public transportation to port is it safe ?

Regardless .... we would need 6 to 10 tickets

This is my question is it best to pay as we go. Or to buy their Lisbon travel card 48 hours and calculate 48 hours from the time we first use the card

Any thoughts ?

Hanya

My recollection is that Lisbon has a lot of different travel cards and options and it really depends on what other things you might want to do and see. There are lots of websites out there that can explain the difference in detail. Some passes include tourist attractions or a percentage discount on admission The public transportation system has its own cards. One thing to know is that all public transport is cheaper if you pay with some kind of card, as opposed to cash when boarding. We were there for one day and settled for a day pass which allowed unlimited travel on subway, buses and trolleys. It was around 6 euro and was worth it just so we didn't have to think about it. They also have a card you load for per trip travel (called zapping I think) but we didn't want to do the math and limit ourselves if we changed our minds. You purchase the cards at a vending machine which was easy to use once we found one at a subway station.

Short answer - I would get some sort of pass, but can't tell you which one would best fit all your plans.

• 1 month later...

Viva Viagem is a fare card costing 50c that allows either loading individual fares or 24hr fare 6.30€ (good on buses, trams, metro and elevators). More expensive fare allows to use ferries to Almada. Zapping (3€ min load) provide small discount compared to single fare. Same cards can be used for rail trips to Cascais, Belem and Sintra but not a part of 24 hr fare. Bus and tram drivers take cash (I think fare close to 2€)

People staying in the center (around Rossio, Restaradores, Placa Figeroa) can reach most of attractions on foot.

Also Uber works very well in Lisbon and cheaper compared to US and Canada even with gas costing double. The only suggestion is to be near identifiable address or place) make sure it matches one on Uber app) and not on street corner as GPS is slightly wrong. We used it 3 times and for reference sake 15 min ride was under 5€. Clean and new cars in all cases.

We were in Lisbon for 4 nights precruise this past September 2018. I was concerned about getting around as well. Turned out we walked everywhere! We did take Uber 3 different times. Once to get to the beginning of a tour, once after the tour to get back and the final one from our Airbnb to the port to get on our cruise. As someone else said they were all around 5 euros with very clean cars and nice drivers. They didn’t speak very much English but the nice thing about Uber is they already knew where we wanted to go! Also we did find it easier to be on a street corner versus our apartment since that was a bit off the beaten path. Have fun...Lisbon was beautiful and fun!