Gem - Refurbishment (NCL Edge) - Were staterooms redone or only public areas?

Dejlig Ko

From the NCL website:

Recently Refurbished

Through The Norwegian Edge, Norwegian Gem has undergone ship wide enhancements. Come on board and experience newly designed public areas, revamped Haven spaces, fresh decor, modern finishes and more!

:end quote

Staterooms are not mentioned, but I thought I had seen, but cannot find a post about the rooms being refreshed during sailings after the main refurbishment and I see photos of balcony rooms that are different in colors and seem fresher than other photos of the balcony rooms with louder colors.

Any insights? With thanks.

We're on the Gem twice since its recent refurbishment - staterooms did get some (minor ?? depending on one's definitions) refreshing, like the bedside night stands (similar to the ones used on Breakaway) and the chair with seatback replaced with space-saving sitting stool (non-storage ones). Obstructed OV got wall-mounted integrated USB port/reading LED lamp but the large picture window OV this year did NOT get the LED/usb upgrade, which was a surprise. Floor carpeting, window curtains & bedspread, etc. were changed/replaced.

Follow my Signature link below, if you wish to see the pictures in the Semi-Live reviews for the Gem from 2016 and 2017 ... the impressions that I had in 2016 were that it was still work in progress, large rolls of carpets in the crew area stored, waiting for work crew to trim & replace them, etc.

Edited by mking8288

We're on the Gem twice since its recent refurbishment - staterooms did get some (minor ?? depending on one's definitions) refreshing, like the bednight night stands (similar to the ones used on Breakaway) and the chair with seatback replaced with space-saving sitting stool (non-storage ones). Obstructed OV got wall-mounted integrated USB port/reading LED lamp but the large picture window OV this year did NOT get the LED/usb upgrade, which was a surprise. Floor carpeting, window curtains & bedspread, etc. were changed/replaced.

Follow my Signature link below, if you wish to see the pictures in the Semi-Live reviews for the Gem from 2016 and 2017 ... the impressions that I had in 2016 were that it was still work in progress, large rolls of carpets in the crew area stored, waiting for work crew to trim & replace them, etc.

Thanks a million! I will read your reviews next. In the meantime, I found this:

http://www.beyondships4.com/norwegian-gem-2017-review.html

which has b4 and after pictures and this info:

Refreshed accommodations

In late 2015, the Gem underwent a refit in which her public areas were re-done. The flashy decoration and bright colors were banished and a more subtle color scheme was implemented reflecting both changing tastes and Norwegian's increased sophistication since Gem entered service in 2007. With this upgrade Gem renewed her membership as a first tier cruise ship.

The refit, however, did not cover the bulk of the cabins on Gem. As a result, the bright mixture of orange, green and purple that plagued Gem's original décor continued to haunt the ship. However, Norwegian is in the process of revitalizing the cabins while the ship is in service. A team has been developed which can transform a cabin in the space of a few hours replacing the carpeting, various furnishings and even the artwork in the rooms. Not only do the transformed cabins look new but the furnishings and color scheme are much more in keeping with contemporary tastes.

Passengers are advised beforehand that their cabin is scheduled to be transformed and may opt out. My cabin had already been done before the cruise began. However, a friend's cabin was transformed during the course of one morning with little disruption of her schedule. Both cabins had a pleasing new look.

i'm going to assume (dangerous I know) that since it's 2018 (and my cruise is in 2019) that all the rooms are done by now.