Dealing with Gluten Intolerance

twinmom2298

Both my daughter and I are gluten intolerant. We've informed the travel agent who has stated that she's noted on our booking. and I intend to make waiter aware our 1st evening in main dining room. But is there anything else we should be doing to help ensure we don't end up accidentally glutened?

Totally second getting in touch with Carnival's Special Needs in advance.

You can then be assured they have it on your booking number. This is a must if either of you have been diagnosed with celiac disease. You must eat as completely gluten free as possible for the rest of your life.

If your intolerance was determined by an IgG food tolerance test, you may wish to undertake other clinical tests as IgG tests haven't proved to be accurate in determining food sensitivity. Food sensitivity can be triggered by many things, not just gluten.

However, if you're only changing your diet to avoid wheat based food or food containing wheat products, you're probably making adjustments to foods that provide nutritional value to you. so requesting assistance will take the guess work out of which food are okay which are not for whatever dietary regime you prefer.

Actually, send an email to specialneeds@carnival.com with your booking number and cabin detailing who in your party needs to eat GF. They will send a reply that explains what GF options are available throughout the ship. They will notify the ship and your waiters will already be aware of it.

Then, when you board go see the Maitre D when he is available to change table assignments. We always check our table assignment and on 9/3 the Maitre D told us to go ahead and pre-order our dinner for night 2 since we would be at the Steakhouse on the first night.

We were on a ship once and they had a ton of people wanting GF who failed to notify them in advance. They ran out of GF rolls and pasta quite early in the cruise.

They have GF buns at Guys, will make you GF pizza at the pizza place, and will make GF cheesecake and Warm Chocolate melting cake. Some ships seem to do it better than others. We had a lousy experience on the Breeze and Freedom, but our experience on the Valor (twice), Liberty (2X) and Magic (4X) was excellent.

My son is GF and we’ve cruised many times. It is good that it is noted on your booking, however go ahead and email special needs dept. Also, when you board go to the dining room and speak to the Maitre D. He had a hostess come see us and we went over lido food as well. For example, bacon is GF but the omelette mix is not, must ask for fresh eggs. We only did dinner in the dining room and buffet for breakfast and lunch. My son feasted like a king in the dining room. They take your order for the next day each night. Keep in mind that the first night your choices may be limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums