Beach close to the port with a bar

Jo and Rob

Harbor Lights or Lobster Alive will rent you chairs and a shared umbrella for about $15 per person - check out their web sites, sometimes the deal includes a "free" drink. No water toys, etc. Nice beach with crystal clear water and the taxi ride will be about $5 per person each way.

• 2 weeks later...

There is the option of snorkeling at Harbor Lights but it's included in the entry fee which also includes a free drink and the chair/umbrella rental. Not sure if they have a no-snorkel fee. Lobster Alive has no cover charge and the chair and umbrella rental is $15-$20 and it doesn't include drinks or snorkeling, although you can set up the snorkeling part for about $20 per person (do NOT let them talk you into doing it for a penny more!). It's besides the Boatyard and while they have party music, it's far enough not to be a real nuisance while at Lobster Alive. They are all on the same stretch of beautiful white, powdery sand beach with clear water.

I am going to check out Rascals north of port on Brandons Beach. Seems to be there by itself. Look at Google maps. All the other bars mentioned are right next to each other with rows and rows of beach chairs so looks like way too many people for my taste. Our cruise ship even has an excursion to couple of them. Check reviews on another travel sight. Seems to be more of a locals place but they do rent chairs/umbrellas and you get a free rum punch with each rental it seems. Anyway, we going go here on our Dec cruise and check it out. There may even be snorkeling from beach here. There is mention to wear water shoes if go in and from satellite map looks like could be some small reef area here. But really, I don't know. But water should be a lot clearer than the places on Carlisle Bay with fewer people/boats. Look at all the boats in water there on map.

Jane

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 9:58 PM, jabcruiser said:

I am going to check out Rascals north of port on Brandons Beach. Seems to be there by itself.

Hi Jane - what did you think of Rascals?

We are considering this for our cruise in December as we are there on a Sunday and had originally planned to visit Mt Gay Rum Distillery and wander about town, but it seems like a lot of places are shut!  Now thinking we might head here and hang out for the day.

1 hour ago, jabcruiser said:

Kiwi-Sparkles, We won't be there until Dec 16. Also a Sunday.  Believe I checked and they are open on Sundays.  Am sure most beach bars open if ships in port.  When are u there in Dec?

Jane

Whoops - I misread and thought you were there in October!

Looks like we will be there on the same day - also the 16th.   We are on Celebrity Silhouette.