Minor Latitude Rewards

TandK0826

How does this read to you guys:

Cruises taken as a minor will be credited to the guest on their first cruise taken after they turn 18 years of age

I was just told by NCL that my daughter does not any points for prior cruises as a minor. She starts earning at 18. Am I just reading this wrong? Anyone have any experience with minor going after 18? Did they get prior cruise points?

It is what is if she doesn't but what it says above on the NCL site is misleading and also what I have been told in the past from prior agents.

Thanks

How does this read to you guys:

Cruises taken as a minor will be credited to the guest on their first cruise taken after they turn 18 years of age

I was just told by NCL that my daughter does not any points for prior cruises as a minor. She starts earning at 18. Am I just reading this wrong? Anyone have any experience with minor going after 18? Did they get prior cruise points?

It is what is if she doesn't but what it says above on the NCL site is misleading and also what I have been told in the past from prior agents.

Thanks

My daughters points accumulated and she was gold when she turned 18.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

There have been a number of discussions on this.

The consensus is that cruises taken as a minor do get credited, but you don’t get your status until after your first cruise over 18. However, some people have reported getting the benefits on that first cruise, and some are still chasing NCL for any recognition.

Unfortunately, it seems that the most likely way that you will find out which one of those situation applies to you is to wait and see what happens.

What an NCL rep says to you is irrelevant. They most likely have no idea.

How does this read to you guys: Cruises taken as a minor will be credited to the guest on their first cruise taken after they turn 18 years of age I was just told by NCL that my daughter does not any points for prior cruises as a minor. She starts earning at 18. Am I just reading this wrong? Anyone have any experience with minor going after 18? Did they get prior cruise points? It is what is if she doesn't but what it says above on the NCL site is misleading and also what I have been told in the past from prior agents. Thanks

She will get her points when she is 18 or over for all cruises taken as a kid.

There have been a number of discussions on this.

The consensus is that cruises taken as a minor do get credited, but you don’t get your status until after your first cruise over 18. However, some people have reported getting the benefits on that first cruise, and some are still chasing NCL for any recognition.

Unfortunately, it seems that the most likely way that you will find out which one of those situation applies to you is to wait and see what happens.

What an NCL rep says to you is irrelevant. They most likely have no idea.

Make sure to SAVE ALL those CRUISE DOCs for when the time is at hand to credit the youngsters account.

Why NCL does not give the Rewards Points out right up front may have something to do with the perk of that

fabulous bottle of sparkling bubbly award going with each booking - strangely only adults 21 and over can book

a cruise so why worry about a person less than 21 getting the bottle.

Also note from this LINK:

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

The restriction in filing a claim for missing points:

Note: We can only credit your Latitudes Rewards account with missing points for cruises taken within the last 12 months.

SO SAVE THOSE CRUISE DOCs !

First - NCL Latitudes Dept has the worst customer service I've ever encountered.

As others have said, all previous points should show up after the minor takes cruise over age of 18. NCL changed program a couple years back where any missed cruises have to be reported within 12 months of taking cruise. I haven't seen any posts one way or the other with anyone with a minor reporting issues with minor having missing cruise history but it also doesn't come up much.

I think someone at NCL has to manually adjust these credits. I say that because I had a Travel Agent friend who figured out my daughter didn't have all her credits. She went back to NCL and had it fixed. While looking, she also noticed that I somehow had 2 latitudes accounts some cruises credited to one account, some cruises credited to another latitudes account. She was able to work with the NCL reps to get mine accounts merged.

I think the latitudes points are all a big mess and it takes someone in the know to figure it out.

I think someone at NCL has to manually adjust these credits. I say that because I had a Travel Agent friend who figured out my daughter didn't have all her credits. She went back to NCL and had it fixed. While looking, she also noticed that I somehow had 2 latitudes accounts some cruises credited to one account, some cruises credited to another latitudes account. She was able to work with the NCL reps to get mine accounts merged.

I think the latitudes points are all a big mess and it takes someone in the know to figure it out.

The key is to make sure that the latitudes number is correct. Even though kids have no official status, they do have an account.

Whenever I book, we ensure that our sons account is picked up correctly. In theory this means that the points should be allocated correctly to his account, although there is no way of testing this until he is 18 (as far as I know).

It can still go wrong though. On our last cruise, the confirmation has his correct account, but I noticed that his edocs stated a different number. I haven’t done anything about this (he has plenty of points anyway), but have made a note of the number just in case a separate account has been set up.

Certainly, amalgamating accounts should be easier than trying to get NCL to credit for missing cruises, especially considering their 12 month stated limit.

The last two trips we've booked they've created a new lats account for me and DW but luckily they've figured it out and merged accounts right away.