Conquest Balcony....which to choose.....

Tigergenesis

We usually opt for lower level Interior rooms, but we want to treat ourselves to a balcony for our honeymoon cruise. I have put a hold on an aft-extended view cabin 7447, but I am still considering others. I think we would likely be fine with a normal sized balcony so I am 2nd guessing the 7447. I do like the fact that this balcony is on the ship's aft end.

We don't care how close the cabin is to anything because we prefer to walk a lot...and we will intentionally walk "the long" way for exercise. Our main concerns are noise during sleeping hours - so I am trying to look for rooms not above/below anything other than cabins. Of course a nice view. :)

Any thoughts/suggestions on these cabins:

7447 (on hold) aft-extended

6450 an odd L-shaped cabin ....I don't think it is above/below any noisy areas?

there are a number of cabins on the Verandah deck right behind the Bridge. Would this be noisy?

Lido deck forward

If you weren't concerned with how close your cabin was to activities/food, which would you choose?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure how helpful this will be, but --

For me it would depend on the time of the year.

You cannot beat the view from the aft- extended balcony. It is an entirely new definition of panoramic. The wake is mesmerizing. Lots of privacy, larger balcony that usual, and includes a lounger. Hardly any foot traffic in the hallway.

You may hear some noise and experience a little shuddering as the ship docks in each port. I doubt it would bother anyone other than a late, light sleeper.

Why does time of year matter? No cover, little shade from sunrise til sunset, and no breeze whatsoever, ever.

If I sound too negative I apologize. I have booked one three times so obviously for me the pros outweigh the cons.

Bottom line, traveling companion, not cabin choice, is what makes a great cruise.

I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon cruise.

Edited by bury me at sea

Not sure how helpful this will be, but --

For me it would depend on the time of the year.

You cannot beat the view from the aft- extended balcony. It is an entirely new definition of panoramic. The wake is mesmerizing. Lots of privacy, larger balcony that usual, and includes a lounger. Hardly any foot traffic in the hallway.

You may hear some noise and experience a little shuddering as the ship docks in each port. I doubt it would bother anyone other than a late, light sleeper.

Why does time of year matter? No cover, little shade from sunrise til sunset, and no breeze whatsoever, ever.

If I sound too negative I apologize. I have booked one three times so obviously for me the pros outweigh the cons.

Bottom line, traveling companion, not cabin choice, is what makes a great cruise.

I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon cruise.

Thinking about the time of year - good point!!!! We will be cruising at the end of April so hopefully that is a good time. Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Thinking about the time of year - good point!!!! We will be cruising at the end of April so hopefully that is a good time. Thanks! :)

BUT end of april is Spring break with easter being April 21

deck 6 is over a lounge area which plays karaokee late at night

I much prefer the aft over that side one you mention. the cabin will be bigger as will you balcony.

on the cabin on deck 6 there will be no sofa and minimal space in the cabin to get ready for dinner

Keep 7447

its a long walk from the elevator. balcony tends to stay warm- no ocean breezes back that. but the view is amazing

its not private as you can see your neighbors when standing at the rail.