Just took a Moveover Offer

NjoyNmytime

We are totally inexperienced cruisers so I'm a little nervous about this but it's a done deal. Taking the Caribbean Princess on 9/28 and just received a call. Going from a balcony on Lido to an obstructed view on Emerald. For this we received all our cruise fare back + $200 extra on board credit per person. Now we are going to pray hard we can get onboard in enough time to book the sanctuary for all or part of this cruise! Hope I didn't make a mistake.

We are totally inexperienced cruisers so I'm a little nervous about this but it's a done deal. Taking the Caribbean Princess on 9/28 and just received a call. Going from a balcony on Lido to an obstructed view on Emerald. For this we received all our cruise fare back + $200 extra on board credit per person. Now we are going to pray hard we can get onboard in enough time to book the sanctuary for all or part of this cruise! Hope I didn't make a mistake.

This is fabulous!!! Congratulations!!! I’d do that in a heartbeat!

NICE deal!! That's practically a free cruise! Sounds like they oversold your cruise, at least the balcony's!! Someone just posted about about obstructed views on the Star, it has a lot of photos of the window views. If you are curious about the cabin you got, search for it.

Enjoy your trip!!

NICE deal!! That's practically a free cruise! Sounds like they oversold your cruise, at least the balcony's!! Someone just posted about about obstructed views on the Star, it has a lot of photos of the window views. If you are curious about the cabin you got, search for it.

Enjoy your trip!!

Thanks. Very curious so I'm off to search now!

Something about those Lido deck balconies....

We had a 'move down' offer about 4 years ago...ours was from a Lido deck balcony to a Caribe deck balcony. We didn't get as much back as you did, but we did get a nice chunk of OBC.

Enjoy your cruise! :cool:

Was this a dream ? So you are going free and got $200?:'):'):')

Something about those Lido deck balconies....

We had a 'move down' offer about 4 years ago...ours was from a Lido deck balcony to a Caribe deck balcony. We didn't get as much back as you did, but we did get a nice chunk of OBC.

Enjoy your cruise! :cool:

I would take a Caribe deck balcony over a Lido deck balcony any day. Much larger balcony that is half covered and half uncovered.

I would take this in a heartbeat. Congratulations on your free cruise and extra OBC! :D

You didn't say what cabin you have been assigned but you can probably find a picture of the obstruction on renmar's excellent site. https://sites.google.com/site/caribbeanemeralddeck/home

If you have one of the cabins where crew are likely to be outside the window sometimes be sure not to wander around naked with the curtains open. :D

I would take a Caribe deck balcony over a Lido deck balcony any day. Much larger balcony that is half covered and half uncovered.

We were just on Island Princess. Caribe balcony was fully covered. Worked for Alaska cruise. I think it depends on ship. We will be on Crown with balcony Caribe deck. It is partially covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good for you!

TO posters above--this isn't a new thing. We got a similar offer in 2016 except that we didn't get the $200. We got full refund of our cruise fare, which was a huge amount since this was a Japan cruise!

It is normally called a "step down" offer. A move over usually means a move to a different cruise, and is usually an even better offer. Move over is typically a free cruise plus full refund on the cruise you are giving up!

Never heard of a step down but it makes sense I guess. :)[/some of their stipulations were that all the cabins have balconies and be in the same general location. They needed two HA cabins, so both of us who had previously booked got move down offers for our HA cabins. I don't know about the regular balcony people. We ended up meeting the other people from the HA cabin and becoming friends on the cruise.