Elite Laundry - limit on how many times & how much

CruiseVA

And do you still trust them with "good" clothing after reading about people that have had problems in the past? ie- shrinkage, tears, small holes, missing items.

Yes ... We send anything we would send to the cleaners at home ... which includes expensive

clothes. :)

As recently as January (2018) we had absolutely no problems. (y)

I take long cruises and haven't had a problem. Cruising for 25-30 days, I do some laundry myself, send a few things out. Because I do longer cruises, generally with many elites, it has always been 2 or 3 days before I get things back. I don't send what I wear for formal night out ever. My day wear is basic cotton, tops for smart casual are easy care, too. I bring a lot of clothes, hate to pack light, liking to wear variety.

If an Elite passenger needs something through the laundry quickly and is willing to pay for it (despite having the free perq), is it possible to get laundry done quicker than a possible 3 day delay? IOW, is it only the free Elite laundry that may take days?

Paid laundry will come back within 24 hours.

Only had one issue with one item. And it was my own fault, I should have known better. I sent out a t-shirt with a rhinestone type design on the front and it came back looking OK, but the "rhinestones" mostly fell off the first time I washed it back home. It had been laundered at home numerous times before this cruise.

I don't really worry about them ruining my Wal-Mart wardrobe.

Only when they actually sale your cruise as two segments. Panama Canal fro YVR to FLL usually aviable as YVR to Lax and LAX to FLL . Talk two the Captain circle person and they sometimes can do it.

If I reach elite status during middle of a cruise will I get updated to elite during this cruise?

I love the laundry perk! I send out some clothes every day, including my cocktail dress/formal wear. I have never had an issue with any of my clothes. I send out the bag in the morning and it is returned the next day while I'm at dinner. One cruise it took a day longer a couple times but I was warned about it.

This will be our first Elite cruise. I’m so excited that we can send our laundry out. How often do you send it out? We are doing a B2B (14) days. Thanks in advance for your suggestions b

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just returned Sept 8 from a 14 day sailing. We sent out laundry 3 times - each time 2 bags. After the second time, our cabin steward warned that laundry would take 3 days. He told us "this is not from me, but from the laundry". It was no problem, I expected delays. I am elite and have had the same message in the past when sending out laundry. I've never had a problem with damaged items but 2 cruises ago did get a bejeweled top back with a note that laundry declined to clean it because they were afraid it would be damaged.

On the form there is two different types of laundry.

What is the difference between the two?

A cabin steward a few cruises ago explained that the right side is dry cleaning and the left side is regular wash & dry. Seems strange since some items are only listed on the right. Since he told me that, I only write on the left side and write in things that aren't listed on that side. I never tested whether Elite laundry benefit includes dry cleaning.

A cabin steward a few cruises ago explained that the right side is dry cleaning and the left side is regular wash & dry. Seems strange since some items are only listed on the right. Since he told me that, I only write on the left side and write in things that aren't listed on that side. I never tested whether Elite laundry benefit includes dry cleaning.

Traditional "dry cleaning" no longer exists on a ship or, in most cases, on shore. The right hand side of the laundry slip says "Cleaning" and not "Dry Cleaning" and it uses a process different from in the past.

And, yes, the elite benefit does include the "cleaning" process.

Title says it all, is there a limit to how man y times I can send laundry in? Could I do it daily if I wanted to? A limit on how much? I'm think I'll bring all the clothes I own. (Just kidding)

I send my laundry out on a daily basis and if there is a 24-48 hour turn around it doesn't bother me. I just wish I was elite when the kids were younger but apart from the mini bar it's my favourite elite perk. Enjoy!

Trish

We have sent our laundry out for 15+ years and didn't have a problem...well until last year! We stayed in a suite also and my husband's brand new jockeys had holes all over them. They must be providing A/C services for laundry! Some of my sundresses also had small holes all over them and my bathing suits the elastic was all gone. Put my suit on and went in the pool and almost lost my bottoms! The other thing I noticed is the whites come out all dingy.

Maybe we were lucky before? I don't know. I used to read these threads and think, never happened to us and it was weird to have holes in clothing from laundry. I am a believer now.

You may not be to happy when you get your laundry back.

Sometimes you get it back with little holes in it. :eek: We are elite members and I stop sending it out.

To answer your question there’s no limits on times or how much. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 days to get your laundry back if there’s a lot of elites on the cruise. Take all your clothes you may get lucky. :confused: :D

Tony

We have used it many times, we feel it is the best thing about being Elite. Like you said, at times 2-3 days, probably because most Elites love it.

One more question - is there an option for iron/press only? I just washed my dress clothes and they need to be ironed, I'm lazy can I send them out to be pressed only?

Yes, press only is an option. It is about 75% of the cost of having it laundered or cleaned.

We are disembarking from the Royal today. We had a notice that laundry would take three days. There were over 900 Elites on board. The best turnaround was two days. The worst was four.

I like to send a little bit out every other day.

We pack what we need for the trip, never do laundry... only have a formal jacket pressed every once in awhile... Never got it why laundry is such an issue. I never do laundry on vacation.

Why laundry is an issue: on longer cruises (we've done 25 and 31 day cruises in the past 2 years) we would never have been able to pack for the trips even with our 2 pieces each of free luggage allowance on United - especially the 31 day cruise (LA to Rio) where the temps ranged from the upper 40s to 110! Many cruisers are boarding the ship following a number of days of travel or adding days on after the cruise. In all those cases the laundry perk is great - especially if you want to take a break from doing laundry!

We are disembarking from the Royal today. We had a notice that laundry would take three days. There were over 900 Elites on board. The best turnaround was two days. The worst was four.

I like to send a little bit out every other day.

Exactly the same for me!

Just a tip - take a stain stick with you - they look like a deodorant stick. I pre-spot everything before I send it in. I also take a picture of each piece and I know the day I sent it in by the picture date. I have never lost an item yet. I have also never had any damage or shrinkage.