Please explain the Royal Caribbean apps to me

HOSKI

Maybe location-related? I don't know if 6 was already available here in Portugal 3 years ago. Technology tends to be a bit behind here. Or maybe because both my devices have been discontinued? I'm not tech-savvy enough to know if either of those could be relevant.

Yes. Not sure why a 3 yr old device can't support something past Kit Kat (Android v 4.4) when Marshmallow (V 6) was already out 3 years ago.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Sorry, that was not clear since you quoted Bob’s response concerning the IQ app. Since you didn’t mention which app, thought you meant the IQ app.

Actually I thought he was referring to the new app. I was assuming RCI when they came out with this new app they were getting rid of I Q version since it does near the same thing.

I am on the Adventure in 3 weeks so I am not sure how it will work onboard. On the app now I can see some of the daily activities by the day, it also say I will be able to track my expenses once onboard.

Shak

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

. I was assuming RCI when they came out with this new app they were getting rid of I Q version since it does near the same thing.

url]

Even after a year, the new RCI app had less functionality than the discontinued Royal IQ app. Yes, RCI will eventually get rid of Royal IQ but not until the rest of the fleet has the new app and it works better than the old app.

Both apps are meant to be an electronic version of the on board Compass, a way to make/modify/delete reservations and a few other functions (like view your account, or texting others on board).

The Royal IQ app can only be used on board when connected to the ship's WiFi (and is limited to 4 ships).

The RCI app, which you'll use on Allure, lists sailings about 3 months out, so you can start interacting with it then (and of course once board as well). You can check in for your sailing and can also use it at check in as your electronic SetSail pass (bring a printed version as back up). This app is being updated fairly often now, so be prepared for changes.

I'm cruising on the Allure in less than 2 months and I noticed that the app is showing a very limited schedule of activities and some of the port times are even wrong! How often do those get updated before I will see more accurate information?

Actually I thought he was referring to the new app. I was assuming RCI when they came out with this new app they were getting rid of I Q version since it does near the same thing.

I am on the Adventure in 3 weeks so I am not sure how it will work onboard. On the app now I can see some of the daily activities by the day, it also say I will be able to track my expenses once onboard.

Shak

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you get any of the internet packages on Adventure? I will be on in November and I would like to use the app, but I am not buying one of the packages. If you don't need the internet package, do you still put your phone in airplane mode, or how exactly does it work?

My app was working fine until about 3 days ago. I clicked on it and up comes "Terms of Service". "Please read and agree to our updated terms and service" Ok so I read (most of it) then scroll down to bottom. Hit "Accept". and get "sorry we hit a snag" "We're unable to complete your request, so please try again later. I have tried for three days. Anyone else having this problem??

Thanks for any help you guys can give me. Cruise is next month.

Irene

My app was working fine until about 3 days ago. I clicked on it and up comes "Terms of Service". "Please read and agree to our updated terms and service" Ok so I read (most of it) then scroll down to bottom. Hit "Accept". and get "sorry we hit a snag" "We're unable to complete your request, so please try again later. I have tried for three days. Anyone else having this problem??

Thanks for any help you guys can give me. Cruise is next month.

Irene

Try uninstalling and re-installing.

Unfortunately, the Royal App doesn’t quite work on an iPad. The display is screwed up so that certain functionality does not work correctly. The most annoying is the deck plans which once opened cannot be closed other than by killing the app all because the “x” icon does not display.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm cruising on the Allure in less than 2 months and I noticed that the app is showing a very limited schedule of activities and some of the port times are even wrong! How often do those get updated before I will see more accurate information?

I’m sailing on Allure in a week. The compass started out VERY limited but it’s started to fill in over the last few weeks. Most days said “More Cruise Details Coming Soon” and now only one day does. It now shows specific movies and excursions too, for example. Keep an eye out as your sail date draws near!

Unfortunately, the Royal App doesn’t quite work on an iPad. The display is screwed up so that certain functionality does not work correctly. The most annoying is the deck plans which once opened cannot be closed other than by killing the app all because the “x” icon does not display.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi it works fine from my iPad have you updated to iOS 12.0

On the update I did yesterday for the Royal Caribbean app it says in the update "We're now actively testing our new guest-to-guest chat feature on Allure of the Seas, with this addition coming to more ships soon. Our new feature allows guests to connect with other staterooms, and freely chat with friends and family onboard."

Shak

On the update I did yesterday for the Royal Caribbean app it says in the update "We're now actively testing our new guest-to-guest chat feature on Allure of the Seas, with this addition coming to more ships soon. Our new feature allows guests to connect with other staterooms, and freely chat with friends and family onboard."

Shak

Curious if the chat thing is a real store and forward messaging function, or does it only work in real time. In other words, if the other phone is off when the message (or chat request) is sent, will the phone get a message/chat notification when it comes back on.

Curious if the chat thing is a real store and forward messaging function, or does it only work in real time. In other words, if the other phone is off when the message (or chat request) is sent, will the phone get a message/chat notification when it comes back on.

I would think so but maybe someone from the Allure will chime in on how it actually works.

Shak

I'm sorry, but this got a bit confusing. We will be on IOS in January. I have read that with the recent refurb, one of these apps is available. But can someone clarify which one to download? Thank you.

The only choice for Indy would be the newer Royal Caribbean International App.

• 2 weeks later...
I’m sailing on Allure in a week. The compass started out VERY limited but it’s started to fill in over the last few weeks. Most days said “More Cruise Details Coming Soon” and now only one day does. It now shows specific movies and excursions too, for example. Keep an eye out as your sail date draws near!

Thank you!! That's good to know!

Does the Royal app work for all ships? The message I get is poorly worded. I am on Jewel for the Panam Canal Cruise in Feb and the app says “ your reservations on ships not yet available in this app”. So does this mean the ship is not yet available or that my reservation is not yet available?

It means the app doesn't work on jewel yet.

Does the Royal app work for all ships? The message I get is poorly worded. I am on Jewel for the Panam Canal Cruise in Feb and the app says “ your reservations on ships not yet available in this app”. So does this mean the ship is not yet available or that my reservation is not yet available?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

No, only selected ships:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/royal-caribbean-international/id1260728016