Carnival Ship refit

matymil

Yes. It’s has been said Victory is next. They had great success with Sunshine and I am sure Sunrise will be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am curious to see how Sunrise is received. Sunshine has a lot of great features like an awesome Serenity area and Havana area that won’t be on Sunrise. I will try any ship at least once, but I have a feeling Sunrise will not be nearly as nice Sunshine. But I also have friends who don’t like Sunshine, so maybe they will like Sunrise better.

Victory should be put out to retirement.

Why should Victory be put out to retirement? I have already cruised on Victory 3 times this year and had a great time every cruise. It is definitely one of my favorite Carnival ships. I would rather cruise on Victory instead of Vista any day of the week.

It's no secret that Victory is scheduled for a dry dock: 3/09/20-4/30/20. That hasn't been reported 50 times yet?

Can you please post the 50 locations where it has been reported? I believe your information is accurate based on what I have been told personally on previous cruises, but I haven’t seen it any where online yet.

Why should Victory be put out to retirement? I have already cruised on Victory 3 times this year and had a great time every cruise. It is definitely one of my favorite Carnival ships. I would rather cruise on Victory instead of Vista any day of the week.

Don't mind riclop, they think over half the fleet is "old clunkers" an should be scrapped. :')

I am curious to see how Sunrise is received. Sunshine has a lot of great features like an awesome Serenity area and Havana area that won’t be on Sunrise. I will try any ship at least once, but I have a feeling Sunrise will not be nearly as nice Sunshine. But I also have friends who don’t like Sunshine, so maybe they will like Sunrise better.

No Havana area, just a Havana Bar. Only Vista and Horizon have the dedicated Havana areas with the exclusive pool and deck access.

Don't mind riclop, they think over half the fleet is "old clunkers" an should be scrapped. :')

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...... :D

Can you please post the 50 locations where it has been reported? I believe your information is accurate based on what I have been told personally on previous cruises, but I haven’t seen it any where online yet.

On this page: https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1577/related/1

it says

Maintenance Schedule

Dry Dock: 3/09/20-4/30/20

that is almost the same drydock schedule as the triumph/sunrise.

We were on the Victory a couple of weeks ago and thought it was very pretty and we’ve recently sailed the Horizon and the Vista. We liked the fancier dining rooms on the Victory, the jewel tones and the coral displays by the ice cream shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder if they would ever try a refit on one of their fantasy class ships. I know some people like have a soft spot for the older ones but I think it could work for them.

They have - for example adding balcony cabins to some. Not sure what you are expecting - I doubt they will stretch one, and there are limits what could be added.

Fantasy class have already had Evolution of Fun and 2.0 enhancements.

Elation had a deck added.

The Fantasy class also works for the ports with height issues such as Jacksonville and Tampa (no Fantasy class ship currently in Baltimore, but one could work there as well). Given how few Spirit class ships there are, it’s also difficult to increase capacity at a port like Mobile unless if demand is exceeding supply by a good 44%, as that is the increase in capacity from a Fantasy Class Ship to a Conquest Class Ship. Obviously Carnival felt such an increase at Charleston was justified, so it is not inconceivable. That increase was tapered off somewhat since there is no longer a ship running seasonally in addition to the one based year-round.

In Long Beach, Carnival at least would only be staring down a 22% increase in short cruise capacity by replacing one of Imagination or Inspiration with a Conquest class. Carnival could also consolidate capacity by putting larger ships in Miami and Port Canaveral.

They have - for example adding balcony cabins to some. Not sure what you are expecting - I doubt they will stretch one, and there are limits what could be added.

Fantasy class have already had Evolution of Fun and 2.0 enhancements.

Elation had a deck added.

Thanks I didn't know that. I meant like a complete overall, renaming the ship etc.