Carnival Ship refit

matymil

I wonder if they would ever try a refit on one of their fantasy class ships. I know some people like have a soft spot for the older ones but I think it could work for them.

Fantasy class ships are constantly being upgraded with new food facilities like Guy’s Burgers, new bars like the Red Frog Rum Bar, new outdoor deck upgrades like adding water parks, etc. However, based on the age and size of these ships, I doubt you will ever see a major upgrade like Destiny/Sunshine or the upcoming Triumph/Sunrise.

Disagree. They need to get rid of those clunkers, my friend.

You are entitled to your opinion.

All cruise ships are for sale, if the price is right. Even cruise lines - e.g. Princess. The market for second hand cruise ships has been soft for some time so a sale isn't going to happen anytime soon. The ships make more money than they cost, and refits are much more cost effective than new builds. It would be fiscally irresponsible to do anything other than keep them.

Carnival's profits remain strong. They know what they are doing.

Fantasy class ships are constantly being upgraded with new food facilities like Guy’s Burgers, new bars like the Red Frog Rum Bar, new outdoor deck upgrades like adding water parks, etc. However, based on the age and size of these ships, I doubt you will ever see a major upgrade like Destiny/Sunshine or the upcoming Triumph/Sunrise.

The Fascination was my first cruise in 2009 and the one that got me hooked!! That ship was like a mirage in a desert to me :):)

Now that I do the bigger ships, not sure if I could go back to the small one, but it still has a permanent place in my heart!

At this point, those clunkers should just be sold and/or scrapped.

Why? Because you don't want to sail them? Carnival is doing well, very well, using their older smaller ships for short run.

Having sailed as large as Carnival Magic down through Caribbean Princess to as small as the Fascination, I have the ability to enjoy each ship for what it offers. I can survive without specialty restaurants and all the bells and whistles - in fact I can have a great cruise - and clearly so can hundreds of thousands of people each year.

I will even go so far as to commend Carnival for choosing to put a ship such as the Fascination in San Juan. People that really want to travel to those islands will do so. And because you are so busy each day ashore, you return to the ship merely to shower, change, eat and perhaps see a show. You don't miss the bells and whistles - even over 7 days - because there is not time to do so.

Lastly, these smaller, older ships don't cost as much for passengers to sail - not only because their cruises are often short, but also because you don't pay the premium for the "new."

Your opinion is not supported by reality or by the financial success of the cruise industry. If you need everything to be grand and sparkly new, sail what appeals to you and don't worry about trying to dictate everyone elses needs.

Why? Because you don't want to sail them? Carnival is doing well, very well, using their older smaller ships for short run.

Having sailed as large as Carnival Magic down through Caribbean Princess to as small as the Fascination, I have the ability to enjoy each ship for what it offers. I can survive without specialty restaurants and all the bells and whistles - in fact I can have a great cruise - and clearly so can hundreds of thousands of people each year.

I will even go so far as to commend Carnival for choosing to put a ship such as the Fascination in San Juan. People that really want to travel to those islands will do so. And because you are so busy each day ashore, you return to the ship merely to shower, change, eat and perhaps see a show. You don't miss the bells and whistles - even over 7 days - because there is not time to do so.

Lastly, these smaller, older ships don't cost as much for passengers to sail - not only because their cruises are often short, but also because you don't pay the premium for the "new."

Your opinion is not supported by reality or by the financial success of the cruise industry. If you need everything to be grand and sparkly new, sail what appeals to you and don't worry about trying to dictate everyone elses needs.

When Royal Caribbean is offering comparable cruises at similar price points using their Voyager and Freedom class ships, there will soon come a time when Carnival can only stay competitive by providing even further deeply discounted cruise fares. Eventually the cost of maintenance and brand reputation will catch up as some of these ships are nearing 30 years old.

Luckily I, along with many other passengers, don’t have to sail on them.

When Royal Caribbean is offering comparable cruises at similar price points using their Voyager and Freedom class ships, there will soon come a time when Carnival can only stay competitive by providing even further deeply discounted cruise fares. Eventually the cost of maintenance and brand reputation will catch up as some of these ships are nearing 30 years old.

Luckily I, along with many other passengers, don’t have to sail on them.

Baloney. Carnival's fixed costs are substantially less than RCCL fixed costs (based on cost per lower berth of the cruise ships). Carnival can cut prices, if desired, and still make a profit. RCCL simply can't match and stay in business.

I am curious to see how Sunrise is received. Sunshine has a lot of great features like an awesome Serenity area and Havana area that won’t be on Sunrise. I will try any ship at least once, but I have a feeling Sunrise will not be nearly as nice Sunshine. But I also have friends who don’t like Sunshine, so maybe they will like Sunrise better.

I just booked the Sunrise for July 2019 and was told the drydock is a complete gutting of the entire interior and it will have the exact same amenities that the Horizon has

I just booked the Sunrise for July 2019 and was told the drydock is a complete gutting of the entire interior and it will have the exact same amenities that the Horizon has

Horizon features that won’t be on the Sunrise:

IMAX

Thrill Theatre

SkyRide

Ji Ji’s Asian Kitchen

Bonsai Teppenyaki

a Brewhouse (Sunrise will have the Pig & Anchor quick service version though)

Havana Bar and pool area

Family Harbor Lounge

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

How so? Personally I loved the Sunshine. I know reviews were split on it but it seems to be doing fine as far as being able to fill the ship up with people.

And at a higher price per passenger per day than either Triumph or Victory is doing. Saying the Sunshine conversion hasn't been a success for Carnival simply means someone isn't paying attention to reality.

Why should Victory be put out to retirement? I have already cruised on Victory 3 times this year and had a great time every cruise. It is definitely one of my favorite Carnival ships. I would rather cruise on Victory instead of Vista any day of the week.

Some people love to spread love and joy....

Sent from my iPad using Forums