How busy are the gyms on Celebrity ships

dx052

Thinking of visiting the gym whilst I am on the silhouette on my next cruise & just wanted to know how busy they get? Is there a certain time of day when it peaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They do get busy..mornings and sea days..Afternoons are usually less busy, Treadmills etc are used more than the weight machines and fre weights, but fair amt of use on those too,

Thinking of visiting the gym whilst I am on the silhouette on my next cruise & just wanted to know how busy they get? Is there a certain time of day when it peaks.

I'm not big on shows and tend to dine very late so have taken to using the gym, spa and pools in late afternoon/early evening. From 530pm there tend to be very few folks around the gym. And then by 630ish the Persian Garden is almost always empty. Then, when headed back to the cabin, I generally find an empty hottub to enjoy for a bit before getting ready for dinner.

I always walk the track for 1.5 hours each morning around 6:00 AM. If it's to windy or it's raining I head straight to the gym at 6:00 when it first opens. I like the bikes. Either the spinners or the upright. Never had an issue getting one that early in the morning. I also will hit the gym around 3:00 in the afternoon and always have my pick of the equipment. Just a note on spinners. They are usually secured and set aside only for those taking the spinning classes later in the morning. We did a B2B cruise on the Equinox March/April 2018 and on the Infinity September 2018 and both ships had two spinners that were not set aside for the spinning classes. I prefer the spinners as that is what I have at home.

I was on the Silhouette for a transatlantic last year. I tried the gym several times on those sea days in the afternoon and it was always packed. I got on a broken elliptical once. Ended up just doing laps around the track. If you're into free-weights though they were usually available.

Every time I walked into the Gym, it was unbelievably full and I had to walk out. Then went to the track and it was so full that I couldn’t do the 5mi walk I wanted, so I went to the pool to swim a few miles and it was so full you couldn’t swim a single lap.......so I went down to El Bacio and had a nice cup of special coffee and great pastries. Well.......in reality, I started in El Bacio and never made it out of there all day!!

I did go to the gym during the mid-day time and it was open for use.

Den