ADA cabins on Viking Sky

suspaul

Looks like lots of fellow CC’s reading but no posts, either pics or info. Anyone? TIA

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Suspaul,

We have seen pictures of either 6020 or 6021, the two ADA compliant cabins on the Viking Ocean ships, but I can't find them anywhere now. We were considering booking one of them for our upcoming cruise since we do have some mobility issues, but can do with a normal cabin. Here in the US hotel rooms seem to have a number of variations in what they call handicapped equipped.

Viking Ocean ships' ADA cabins are the same size as all other Penthouse Jr. Suites (405 square feet) but, we believe, are full out ADA compliant. Less furniture to allow more room for maneuvering a wheel chair, wider doors, no thresh hold between the cabin and the bathroom, larger bathroom, ADA compliant bath facilities, etc.

We hope this helps. We ending up booking another cabin on a different deck since there were no other non ADA cabins available on Deck 6.

Senior Gators

Thank you Senior Gators, I’ve tried googling, tried you tube and every venue I can think of, would like a photo. I really appreciate your taking the time to respond. Have a wonderful cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Add a second person who needs information on the ADA suites including width of balcony doors. Also has anyone had problems with gangways?

• 11 months later...

Sorry, I don’t have photos to share, but I did stay in one this past June 2019.  My parents stayed in 6020 and my daughter and I stayed in 6021.  The layout is much different than the standard penthouse junior suite.  In never did see a standard penthouse jr. suite but I was just looking on the Viking website and I now see what the floor layout is for the other suites.  

I have seen many gang ways and tenders  be an issue but Viking Staff always seem available to help.  The larger  issue for people with mobility problems on excursions with cobblestone streets, large inclines, stairs, long hot days,  is NOT heeding the suggestions by Viking to not take that excursion.  Know you limits and enjoy what the cruise can offer you.  I applaud continuing to explore , enjoy travel , meet new people and share your past adventures but please don't impact my ability to get the full experience of an excursion because we have been forced to take another route, slow down or wait for you.