Pursuit Sun Lounger Cushions

SomersetCruiser999

Bonnie,

I know you are only the messenger but I would like to have been at the meeting that said.

"Well we are going to launch a new ship (to us) and we will not have cushions on it for 3 months"!!!! or perhaps nobody mentioned it.

Cushions are not exactly a moon shot product and surely they knew at the start of the refit in the Bahamas that they would need them by the time of the first voyage?

They had 3 months to ship them to Belfast.

I well understand that NOW is a problem with shipping them to a moving target but Dubai looks a good bet.

Considering the fact Pursuit is going on a transatlantic to South America I think not!

Hopefully they meet up somewhere in Europe before they leave or Miami at the latest.

I’m working on some projects in our house and I will no longer be amazed at the missing jigsaw piece that takes weeks to source. You order items in good faith and factory issues get in the way.

And I don’t have to have products the filling of which is accepted in 60+ countries or has a level of fireproofing that would be appropriate for your moonshot.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good job they ordered mattresses for the stateroom beds in plenty time. Now..that could`ve been a big problem!

It`s the attention to detail that matters...…..

They were ordered on time; but the shipping container went AWOL for a time. It has been properly chastised and the team is working diligently to get the cushions to their awaiting lounges.

They were ordered on time; but the shipping container went AWOL for a time. It has been properly chastised and the team is working diligently to get the cushions to their awaiting lounges.

I heard that the tables and chairs for the Pool Bar area were in the same crate or at least one that went missing as well.

Phil

I heard that the tables and chairs for the Pool Bar area were in the same crate or at least one that went missing as well.

Phil

At the Pursuit christening they also said that the alarm clocks were in a missing container.....

This definitely has overtones of ‘the dog has ate my homework ‘ about it. Pleased that the powers that be are on to it, let’s hope though they arrive before Miami. That would be just my luck! Could be worse, I could be on a river cruise [emoji57].

Considering the fact Pursuit is going on a transatlantic to South America I think not!

Hopefully they meet up somewhere in Europe before they leave or Miami at the latest.

I’m working on some projects in our house and I will no longer be amazed at the missing jigsaw piece that takes weeks to source. You order items in good faith and factory issues get in the way.

And I don’t have to have products the filling of which is accepted in 60+ countries or has a level of fireproofing that would be appropriate for your moonshot.

Ruefully I remembered your post the past 2 weeks as I have been dealing with a supplier (Dell Computers) for an order in which I spelled out very clearly the parameters for delivery, parameters to which they agreed and that they later confirmed.

You can guess what happened and the ensuing chaos of phone calls and emails.

So I certainly have no idea who is at fault in the issue of the lounger cushions.

Ruefully I remembered your post the past 2 weeks as I have been dealing with a supplier (Dell Computers) for an order in which I spelled out very clearly the parameters for delivery, parameters to which they agreed and that they later confirmed.

You can guess what happened and the ensuing chaos of phone calls and emails.

So I certainly have no idea who is at fault in the issue of the lounger cushions.

I do not really mind who is at fault, I'm more concerned that it's the customers who are losing out. That accountability sits with azamara.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Trend said:

Please tell me Bonnie that by Christmas cruise out of BA Santa is bringing lounge cushions

I'll be very surprised if they are not onboard by the holidays! 
I'll see if I can find out where along the pipeline they are.

I’m boarding Pursuit on October 28th, the last cruise prior to the Transatlantic, and will check in here as to the status of the cushions! That said, I’ve been in the UK for a week and now in Madrid, and there hasn’t been a day yet where I haven’t carried a jacket. I will, however, keep my fingers crossed that I’ll be relaxing on a lounge chair without a blanket!

4 hours ago, cpgrneyes said:

I’m boarding Pursuit on October 28th, the last cruise prior to the Transatlantic, and will check in here as to the status of the cushions! That said, I’ve been in the UK for a week and now in Madrid, and there hasn’t been a day yet where I haven’t carried a jacket. I will, however, keep my fingers crossed that I’ll be relaxing on a lounge chair without a blanket!

Trend, Definitely by the Holiday Cruises! 

Zoey, Yes, they'll be on the Trans-Atlantic!

Cpgneyes, Best estimate is they will come onboard DURING your cruise. I look forward to you posting a photo when they arrive!

• Like 1

Thank you all for your comments and in particular Bonnie for getting approximate dates of delivery of cushions. We are on both the cruise starting on 28th October and the transatlantic thereafter and am very pleased they will be there by the TA as we are professional ‘Loungers’ on a TA. Thank you all once again.