Cabin furniture question

elycelynne

Are the lamps that are in the middle of the nightstands permanently attached or bolted, or is there some secret way to move them?

The reason I ask is that when I was on the Royal in a deluxe balcony cabin, my travel C-Pap machine was just a little too wide to flatly lay on either side of the lamp and the little sofa was the only thing right next to the nightstand. Luckily my cabin steward wedged a book between the nightstand and the sofa to add some stability so that my machine wouldn't fall off. It's not a problem with the standard balcony cabin configuration because the vanity is close to the bed and I can put it there, but I believe that's the only configuration that's set up that way and I would be out of luck if I tried to book an inside or oceanview cabin.

They are fixed, but my CPAP has always fit on the nightstand. If you needed to you could always put it on the floor by the bed if yours is oversized. We bring an extension cord. Ask your room steward for distilled water, they will bring a gallon no charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just returned from a 12 day cruise and was prepared for any possible adaptation for my C-PAP machine. This was the solution that worked best. It was the first time I cruised with a C-PAP.

I had a European Adapter for my cord. The ship DOES have extension cords with one end that is European and the other American. You may have to track down the Housekeeping Supervisor for that particular cord. (This is another lengthy story).

The nightstand lamp is bolted down, but the nightstand is moveable. It is convenient and useable. I called AirSense and they said that my machine had a built in dual converter for any power supply.

I opened the drawer to the nightstand every night. I had a very small 8 inch foldable stool tucked away. Opened the stool. Placed my C-PAP machine on the stool (inside the drawer).

The data was picked up from every American port we visited.

I was surprised at how dry the cabin was. It drained most of the water in the well every night.

PS....a super good friend who is a respiratory therapist reminded me to take extra supplies along with me....just in case.

I made a small stand for my machine. It sits behind the lamp and works great. Since I did not have the exact measurements of the lamp base, I guess at it. So the part where the machine fits is as wide as the machine. The length is 1 foot. The feet are about 2 inches. This gives it enough room to fit over the base of the lamp and small enough to fit behind it on the night stand. the cord is long enough to reach the outlet on the desk. It fits nicely in my luggage. I am land cruising right now in my RV and that base is at home. I did make a different set up for my RV.