Wanting to Try MSC

riddle

I have been wanting to try MSC for some time now. I have about 35 NCL cruises under my belt and am looking to shake things up a bit.

I qualify for URComped on MSC but just for an inside cabin so Yacht Club is out of my reach. I would be able to status match to black I believe and I am Platinum Plus on NCL.

I will be travelling solo. I have started reading through CC info on MSC to become better informed.

Would I be comfortable as a solo on MSC having done it many times on NCL? What types of things will I find significantly different/better/worse on MSC versus NCL. Will I have a set dining time with the same table mates each night?

Basically, I just want to be sure I will have a good time as I have had on NCL. Opinions/thoughts?

Thanks

Yes you will have set dinner time with the same table mates nightly. Cruising solo I think one of the biggest difference you will find on msc compared to NCL is that the passengers are more international. So there may be fewer people to chat with while out and about. With that being said I’m sure you won’t have a hard time finding people to chat with (assuming you are wanting to chat with others). Msc does host a great cruise critic meet and mingle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been wanting to try MSC for some time now. I have about 35 NCL cruises under my belt and am looking to shake things up a bit.

I qualify for URComped on MSC but just for an inside cabin so Yacht Club is out of my reach. I would be able to status match to black I believe and I am Platinum Plus on NCL.

I will be travelling solo. I have started reading through CC info on MSC to become better informed.

Would I be comfortable as a solo on MSC having done it many times on NCL? What types of things will I find significantly different/better/worse on MSC versus NCL. Will I have a set dining time with the same table mates each night?

Basically, I just want to be sure I will have a good time as I have had on NCL. Opinions/thoughts?

Thanks

You will have more foreigners on MSC and while you will meet some nice people some you can do without them .

You will have more foreigners on MSC and while you will meet some nice people some you can do without them .

This is not just a one way street!

I need that like button! I can’t help it if I am a little snowflake...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks

I have been on MSC 3 times (still a novice) and love them! However I will be trying NCL for the first time this weekend when I am going on the Bliss for a 5 night repositioning cruise.

I am going to do a comparison thread live from the ship, except for the 2 sea days.

Actually first comparison there for you! The cost of Wi-fi on MSC much cheaper!

I have been on MSC 3 times (still a novice) and love them! However I will be trying NCL for the first time this weekend when I am going on the Bliss for a 5 night repositioning cruise.

I am going to do a comparison thread live from the ship, except for the 2 sea days.

Actually first comparison there for you! The cost of Wi-fi on MSC much cheaper.

You will love Bliss (y)

Foreigners? In what contex? In CruiseCritic context? Who is the foreigner if a MSC cruise ship is for example visiting Oslo, Naples, or Conzumel?

I haven't noticed that "quality of foreigners" is any worse than "quality of Americans". :)

We sailed twice with MSC and presence of foreigners was a very nice touch.

We found MSC similar to NCL in terms of great entertainment. I think ships are more beautiful.

Food is a bit weaker, especially if you are meat lover.

For me our cruises with MSC were not single cruises, but I found that it was somewhat easier to engage into conversations.

Don't concern yourself too much with this message. Consider the source!

Foreigners? In what contex? In CruiseCritic context? Who is the foreigner if a MSC cruise ship is for example visiting Oslo, Naples, or Conzumel?

Some really informative & good reviews of MSC on Yutbe! Liked Ben & Davids vlogs Honest Cruises especially-Meraviglia looked awesome & they loved the food & shows—so why the bad reviews on cc??

The bad reviews were mainly for the Seaside ship. The Meraviglia has overall better reviews. I have been on both ships. The layout, interiors and exteriors of the public areas are totally different. The cabins are mostly the same on both ships.

I have been on both Norwegian Cruise Line and MSC as a solo (twice on each line) and think they are comparable in terms of food and service. MSC does have a more international feel to it and I like the option of having a set dining table on MSC, an option not available on NCL. My preference between the two is a little towards MSC (I am booked on the Seaside for next year, I previously sailed on the Poesia and Divina) but have liked every cruise I have been on, including on both these lines.

Cruising solo on NCL is easy because it caters to the solo crowd on the newer ships with studio cabins and solo get togethers. It also has several spots where you do not feel conspicuous as a solo while dining. I am not afraid of meeting new people but I do sometimes feel like a fish out of water if I am seated with all couples or families. That is my only real concern with the solo aspect.

URComped will not comp me on NCL since I have cruised them almost exclusively. Therefore, it was my choice to pick another line. The MSC ships I have seen in Miami just look so awesome that I wanted to try them.

"Foreigners" (??) do not concern me. I am a foreigner when I leave the U.S. I want to be able to communicate but I do not see this as a problem.

The "Haven" forward sun deck (relatively small) shares the front views with the public deck on Getaway. On the Seaside, the whole area is exclusive to the YC. No "foreigners":)

Happy cruising!

Thank you

Admittedly I haven't sailed on Seaside.

On Poesia and Divina we haven't noticed Yacht club presence.