Do You Disinfect (Sanitize) Your Cabin Before You Unpack?

need2cruisesoon

This topic has been discussed before and on that previous thread someone mentioned a spray available in Britain that kills the norovirus. It is available on Amazon and sure enough it is so labeled .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I found this product Saalfeld 30824. Was able to read instructions from container. For Noro a "contact time of 3 minutes" is required. No idea if this is left alone for 3 minutes or kept damp for 3 minutes.

Yes we do. Mostly because I want to wipe areas which are often overlooked (tv remote, drawer handles, light switches, balcony door handle & table), plus I want to wipe where we will be placing our clean underclothes (as who knows what was previously put in the drawer). While I am at it I get all the major surfaces and such too. I'm usually surprised by how little grim I find. I know the wipes don't kill everything and us and our cabin steward will bring in more germs, but it takes all of 15 minutes and puts my mind at ease.

At the very least, they are cleaned. The wipes are filthy when I finish cleaning with them. ;p

(y)(y)

We bring a cleaner for the plane trip so as we already have it on us, we give the cabin a quick clean. It takes minutes to do. We bring a spray cleaner with us. We simply spray, wait and then wipe. Like you, the white cloths are completely filthy when we are finished.

I don't remember a cruise when our room attendant did not introduce themselves and tell us to let them know if there was any issue with our cabin. That would be the time to have things done to your satisfaction I think including wiping things down again.