Bergen Light Rail from Airport to City Center?

NorskyGal

What is your experience in taking the Light Rail from the Bergen Airport to City Center? We will be buying the Bergen Card, which includes free Light Rail transportation, and would love to hear about your experience.

On the Star, just left Bergen in Sunday. The light rail is great for the trip from the airport to downtown. Though I’d get off at the Nonneseter stop (next to last) if you will need a taxi as it’s right at the train station with lots of them on the opposite side of the building.

Make sure you buy the Bergen Card to be picked up at the airport. It has to be specified. The desk there will not sell you a card and only supplies pre-reserved and pre-paid cards.

In any event the tickets at the machines just before you go down the escalator to the light rail station are easy ... I think it was NOK 37 for adults ... one of party is a senior (over 67 required) and that ticket is only NOK 19.

Busses are faster but we did just fine with our suitcases & carry-ons.

Go for it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ll second that. Caught it both ways with the family and was very easy. It was quite crowded after a few stops so if you have luggage just make sure to park it out the way. But everyone is very polite getting on and off and making room for people. It was the cheapest thing we did in Norway and kids loved the announcements and chimes over the PA also!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just an alternative suggestion - the airport bus is very convenient indeed. We caught it right outside the terminal - booked in advance - it has 4 stops in town the final one being at the Radisson where we stayed which is walking distance to the Viking berth. It took about 30 minutes maximum from airport to hotel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums