Carnival Stock Down

mcrcruiser

Having paid just over £20 a share and have no plans to sell them in the foreseeable future I shall carry on receiving $250 on every cruise which saves me money because my end of cruise statement will be $250 less than it would have been and the bonus of 4 dividends going into my bank account which  is well on the way to being equal to what I paid for 100 shares When I do come to sell my shares and no longer cruise I am sure that unless something really serious happens which I very much doubt I shall make a cash profit.

15 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I shall carry on receiving $250 on every cruise which saves me money because my end of cruise statement will be $250 less than it would have been

Since you have paid £10,000s to Carnival Corp because you own the shares, I suggest it is they who are profiting from the shares you hold, not you.

34 minutes ago, picsa said:

Since you have paid £10,000s to Carnival Corp because you own the shares, I suggest it is they who are profiting from the shares you hold, not you.

Hardly.......because the money wouldn't have been paid to Carnival.  Just the person/body that sold the shares.

5 hours ago, picsa said:

Even by your standards Picsa that's one of of your more stupid posts, the shares are valued around £40 each not £100, and you only need 100 to qualify, and I agree with Docco about the ownership point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, picsa said:

I am profiting because I have no desire but to go on any other cruise line other than Cunard and Princess and even if I did not own the shares would still go with them but would be $250 worse off every time.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Even by your standards Picsa that's one of of your more stupid posts, the shares are valued around £40 each not £100, and you only need 100 to qualify, and I agree with Docco about the ownership point.

I think the poster is referring to the amount of money spent on cruises not on shares. 

However in all all other matters I think he is wrong. 

I cruise often as i enjoy cruising. By buying shares I can have some OBC to spend. I also get dividend. We always spend much more than the OBC we get. As someone says “every little helps.”

If I gave away my shares now I would be well over £1000.00 up. This will not happen BTW.

25 minutes ago, daiB said:

I think the poster is referring to the amount of money spent on cruises not on shares. 

However in all all other matters I think he is wrong. 

I cruise often as i enjoy cruising. By buying shares I can have some OBC to spend. I also get dividend. We always spend much more than the OBC we get. As someone says “every little helps.”

If I gave away my shares now I would be well over £1000.00 up. This will not happen BTW.

You enjoy the cruises and get a nice little share bonus of OBC, what’s not to like. 😀