Cruise Critic Community
FSU Girl

Do the TV's have on demand movies?

When I say new I mean within 6 months of so of release - last cruise we saw several films before Oscar night - we are very busy so we don't get too many chances to go to the theater - also there are films I thought I would not be interested in when they came out that I loved when I saw them on ship (Creed was one of these)

Computer or DVD player, Hard drive loaded with movies, HDMI cable, a lot of patience fiddling around to find the HDMI port on the back of the TV (a stiff drink and a mirror may help) and you have movies on demand.

When I say new I mean within 6 months of so of release - last cruise we saw several films before Oscar night - we are very busy so we don't get too many chances to go to the theater - also there are films I thought I would not be interested in when they came out that I loved when I saw them on ship (Creed was one of these)

Since I usually keep up with all the latest & best movies, I have to curb myself from watching the ones to be shown on the ship at least 4 months before sailing.

I enjoy watching a movie on the ship which provides some entertainment if there's nothing else of interest.

Computer or DVD player, Hard drive loaded with movies, HDMI cable, a lot of patience fiddling around to find the HDMI port on the back of the TV (a stiff drink and a mirror may help) and you have movies on demand.

It only requires one hook up & it's done for the entire trip and

one large thumb drive provides me days of viewing entertainment.

Yes... Crown has flat screens

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only thing is, even with the flat screens they still have the old TV broadcast system ----No on demand movies.

The good point is, you can still plug into the back of the sets to watch your own videos.

Outside of the ships in Asia, only Royal, Regal and Caribbean Princess so far have On Demand. No reports from Crown yet; presumably will not appear until it is Crown's turn to "launch the Medallion".

(You are really worried about TV programming on your Honeymoon Cruise? :evilsmile:)

Maybe they're hoping for more....adult based on demand movies ;)