GTY inside: Got assigned an IE but the IE category was sold out when i booked

fstuff1

15day Breakaway for $569 (+port fees/taxes) for an inside gty.

when i booked 4days ago, the only categories available were IF, I1, I2.

every other inside category was listed as sold out.

and mock booking IF didnt have any rooms available so i thought i was going to get a I1 or I2.

Thus i booked.

looked today on myncl and i got assigned an IE on the 5th floor near the elevators. :o

W T F? :mad:

If IE was listed as sold out on ncl's website at the time of booking, how did i wind up with an IE cabin?

(IE is still listed as sold out.)

edit:

for those that say bids, the cruise isnt sailing for another 30days.

Bids dont get awarded till around a week before sail.

so cabins didnt open up because of a successful bid and that person moved to a higher category

Edited by fstuff1

There is a lot of shifting around as they try to maximize revenue and sell more cabins. Don't assume a GTY will be any higher category based on perceived selling. They probably awarded a bunch of upgrade bids clearing out the IEs for sale priced GTYs.

Still what an amazing price for this cruise... and welcome aboard... find us in the roll call!

Yes, the cruislines will upgrade (or upsell) people that paid a higher fare to a higher class cabin and free up the cabins in undesirable locations or lower categories for the guarantee pool.

And unless someone specifically booked one of the lower class cabin or less desirable location, those cabins may have been held back by the cruiseline for the guarantee pool.

Yes, the cruislines will upgrade (or upsell) people that paid a higher fare to a higher class cabin and free up the cabins in undesirable locations or lower categories for the guarantee pool.

And unless someone specifically booked one of the lower class cabin or less desirable location, those cabins may have been held back by the cruiseline for the guarantee pool.

ah..thx

didnt know ncl did that

A number on our cruise (departing Nov 9) have had their bids accepted already. Also, there is frequent opening and closing of room categories. One day there are no balconies, next day there are. As said....bids.

oh.. also didnt know bids were accepted that early!

usually it's 4 days out that people get notified.

wonder why bids were accepted so early on your cruise?

Not sure, as my last cruises were way before this whole bidding thing. There are still a bunch waiting for their confirmations. However, ship seems to be running rather empty and seem to be filling up with solo travelers, so maybe they are playing the matrix to maximize their returns somehow.

edit:

so cabins didnt open up because of a successful bid and that person moved to a higher category

My last three bids were accepted about 60 days out.

Should be a good trip. I booked a balcony GTY 45 days out and was surprised when we had an assignment with in about a week. I am pretty happy with where we ended up. However, there are less options for a cabin for 4, so maybe that helps.

Bids for lower class cabins are accepted as early as 80 days out. Helps create inventory to sell inside rooms and get more money with upgrades. Suites sometimes aren’t awarded until week of cruise.

and mock booking IF didnt have any rooms available so i thought i was going to get a I1 or I2.

Thus i booked.

looked today on myncl and i got assigned an IE on the 5th floor near the elevators. :o

If IE was listed as sold out on ncl's website at the time of booking, how did i wind up with an IE cabin?

edit:

The key words are "when I booked".

Bids can get awarded from the very second they open up until two days before the cruise. Your edit comment is false.

didnt think i was roilling the dice since the only categories with rooms listed in mock boolings were I1 and I2..

else i would have waited. :( :mad:

Irrelevant. As others can cancel or do a paid upgrade for example. What is listed as available at the time you book has nothing at all to do with the cabin you will end up with. Booking a sail away inside means you could end up in any cabin of any type anywhere on the ship.

They accept the bids in waves. We got ours accepted at day 50 but I know of earlier too. And later. The 4 days is only the cut of date when they do the final wave. If you don’t succeed by then in your bid it is game over. The first ones on my cruise got their bid accepted on Monday when the bidding opened on Friday. So in just 3 days. By that time I was still only thinking should I bid or not...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thus i booked.

edit:

Welcome to the booking of inside gty cabins(IX). When you book a gty cabin the cruise line can put you anywhere in your category you booked or higher. Just because of a mocked booking and cabins show sold out you could still be out in the worst cabin in the category. If never matters on how late or early when booking a gty cabin. You are paying a price for a spot on the ship. If you want to choose your spot, you will have to pay more for it. Or you could have booked a gty in the I1 or I2 categories but I bet that cabin price was more than a IX. Hope you had cruise next certificate to lower your costs.