Ever been charged more despite what MyNcl shows as final balance?

mscdivina2016

MyNcl page was showing a figure that would pay off my cruise. When I had it paid off it the charge on my card was substantially higher, over 10% on a 30 night cruise.

A call to NCL told me that it does not matter what it states there and if I don't like it, I can cancel for a full refund as I am not in penalty phase yet. I actually won't be in penalty for almost a year from now.

Apparently there was an error on their part. I booked the cruise while I was in China and did not have email since I was in China and Google is blocked,and the price I was quoted was what was showing on MyNcl.

They recorded the call and I believe they listened to it because when I asked about the price I was told, they told me it did not matter what she said. She could have promised pink elephants and the phone call is not binding. I never told them it was a woman as well as a few other things she said to me which leads me to believe it was listened to.

They told me to they sent an email that would have shown the correct pricing but we assume it went into my spam folder and since I was in Asia for 60 days it would have been automatically deleted after 30 days so I do not have that alleged email that may or may not have a different price.

Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do or what was the outcome?

Steve

Most likely the currency conversion is the issue. Depending on how you booked the cruise when you were in china, your booking might of been in the Chinese currency.When you make payments, the currency needs to change to the US Dollars causing the higher amounts

was anything added to the booking, like prepaid gratuities, drinks packages, dinning package? All of these is also added onto the final payment price.

Most likely the currency conversion is the issue. Depending on how you booked the cruise when you were in china, your booking might of been in the Chinese currency.When you make payments, the currency needs to change to the US Dollars causing the higher amounts

was anything added to the booking, like prepaid gratuities, drinks packages, dinning package? All of these is also added onto the final payment price.

I booked on the Phone with the US office and deposited with a US credit card and the price was quoted in US dollars.

I did isolate the error. Since the total cruise is a B2B (booked as 1 with 1 booking number) and the ultimate beverage package was involved they did not add the beverage service charge for the second cruise despite it being a distinctive voyage and coming with 5 perks.

When I got back to the states I used points to get a Balcony and I received an amenity email that showed the beverage package x4 (2 for me and 2 for my wife). There was no pricing on the email.

STeve

Glad you figured out the issue and that it was just an error, and not a sleazy move on NCL’s part.

SInce the error is on their part, should they not honor it?

Next question is when I put the deposit down I also purchased the insurance. (pre existing condition) so now I am at risk for a $600 difference. I did call the insurance company and they will not allow me to increase it since 6 months have gone by.

Steve