Cruise Critic Community
knittinggirl

Air Canada - Can't Enter Passport Info

I can't enter my passport & global entry numbers at aircanada.com into my reservation. I got to the appropriate page, but the information is grayed out.

Do I have to do this in person?

Our big box ta told me to call the airline, and I'm on forever hold.

I can't enter my passport & global entry numbers at aircanada.com into my reservation. I got to the appropriate page, but the information is grayed out.

Do I have to do this in person?

Our big box ta told me to call the airline, and I'm on forever hold.

Air Canada does not allow you to make online changes to bookings not made directly with them (i.e., if you book through a travel agent or it is part of a booking through another airline.)

I am unable to do seat selection online as my leg with AC is part of a ticket booked through United. It says I must call them to make any changes.

I, too, am getting the projected long waits when I call. My only consolation is that my flight is late summer 2019 so I have lots of time to keep trying.:rolleyes:

When you call Air Canada and get the message about there being a long wait, does it give you the option of having them call you back? That's what I do when I call them and they always get back to me within the time frame they say.

When faced with a long wait time, just put the phone on speaker and go about other business. When you hear them on the other end (and the music ends), now deal with the agent. IMO, just sitting and listening to the music is a huge waste of time. Multitask!!

We also use the "call back" option when telephoning Air Canada. No reason to sit on hold for 15 min or longer. Their system works and when you use the call back option your place in the queue is secured and your phone will ring within the hour.

Hank

The greyed out area might also mean that they have previous valid passport information in their system. Are you able to continue with the checkin?

Air Canada does not allow you to make online changes to bookings not made directly with them (i.e., if you book through a travel agent or it is part of a booking through another airline.)

I am unable to do seat selection online as my leg with AC is part of a ticket booked through United. It says I must call them to make any changes.

I, too, am getting the projected long waits when I call. My only consolation is that my flight is late summer 2019 so I have lots of time to keep trying.:rolleyes:

For entering the passport information I would just do it when you do online checkin or at the airport. For seat assignments, the call-back option is the best option.

I would expect a longer than normal wait online. It is Thanksgiving weekend. I think Calgary is still recovering from a major snow store, it not a major hub but still lots of people having their reservations readjusted.

I was wondering if your Air  Canada flight was part of a Sea Air promotion

I am sitting on the edge afraid to book this as the options are so up in the air for travel
I would be flying out of Toronto and Air Canada is one of the airlines who they might use