What type of bag/purse/backpack do you use when at port stops?

kren250

1 minute ago, chickychick said:

Where did you get your waterproof bag?  thx

Amazon. They have loads of versions to choose from.

I always test them by filling them with tissues, seal them and submerge them in water.

even so I also put my phone in a zip lock bag first.

My aunt and I have been doing this for years. Just be careful you don't damage them between uses.

I had this same question and kept going around and around numerous times on what to pack for my first ever cruise (RC, Rhapsody of the Seas, 2/16/2019 departure).

I used a Vera Bradley RFID-blocking small cross-body in the airport and ended up using that everywhere - in ports and on the ship when I wanted more than just my SeaPass.  Everything else I brought - a small wristlet, a dry-bag pouch for my phone, and a small PacSafe pouch - did not get used a single time.  Not once.  

Having said that, our snorkeling excursion was canceled 😞 and I may have used the dry-bag pouch had we gone on that, so I'll probably bring that with me next time.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just ordered thro Amazon a Travelon slim cross body bag from the US. You can get them in the UK but the choice is limited. Even with import duty and courier charge it was still a good price for me. After having my wallet stolen in Barcelona from a zipper cross body bag it will hopefully make me feel safer. 

• 2 weeks later...

If I’m in a very touristy area where pickpockets are a known issue, I use either this crossbody or this small backpack with security features:

https://ardencove.com/collections/anti-theft-waterproof-collection/products/full-size-anti-theft-waterproof-travel-crossbody

https://www.amazon.com/Travelon-Womens-Anti-Theft-Tailored-Backpack/dp/B06XBM54TF/ref=sr_1_9?hvadid=177178078280&hvdev=t&hvlocphy=9061183&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=b&hvrand=7122445002207124574&hvtargid=kwd-25361946378&keywords=travelon+anti+theft+backpack&qid=1554003010&s=gateway&sr=8-9

if I’m traveling here in the US or places I’ve been many times and have gained a likely false sense of security, I use this: https://knomo.com/collections/backpack-women/products/mini-beaufort-13-inch-expandable-backpack-black-119-416-blk I love it. It’s small enough I can leave it on in museums, but it holds my DSLR and iPad. I’ve even been asked if it’s Prada!

On 3/21/2019 at 8:01 AM, 2BACRUISER said:

I have just ordered thro Amazon a Travelon slim cross body bag from the US. You can get them in the UK but the choice is limited. Even with import duty and courier charge it was still a good price for me. After having my wallet stolen in Barcelona from a zipper cross body bag it will hopefully make me feel safer. 

It's arrived.

20190402_165751.jpg