Another Bayonne hotel question

KKB

OK I originally booked a 2BR at the Residence Inn Elizabeth for $289 total. (5 of us).

Then I realized I had IHG (Holiday Inn, etc) points & booked Holiday Inn Bergen with points (teen can sleep on the floor for one night.

I now realize I have a free night at nearly any of their properties, even nicer ones (Hotel Indigo, Kimpton, Crowne Plaza, EVEN Hotel, Intercontinental)

We get in early the day before & wanted to see the Trade Center Museum.

These are my options when I plug in New York (hoping the link works)

https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/find-hotels/hotel/list?qDest=New%20York%20City,%20NY,%20United%20States&qCiMy=112018&qCiD=28&qCoMy=112018&qCoD=29&qAdlt=1&qChld=0&qRms=1&qRtP=IVCFN.IVANI.6CBARC&qIta=99629062&qAkamaiCC=US&qSrt=sDD&qBrs=ic.in.vn.cp.hi.ex.rs.cv.sb.cw.ul.ki.va&qAAR=IVCFN.IVANI&qFRcd=IVCFN&qFOcd=9090448&srb_u=1&qRad=10&qRdU=mi

Stay on NJ side? (Crowne Plaza I think)

Holiday Inn near World Trade Center? What is it like on a Friday night in this area?

Times Square? (for the experience...)

We were planning to LYFT for around $30 each to/from airport/hotel/port but cost into the city would be extra.

Looking at the Holiday Inn near the Trade Center we are looking at double or triple that...but we are there. (Times Square similarly priced)

Car service a better deal?

Thoughts?

Edited by KKB

Ugh--all the Times Square choices are double beds...tough with 5 adults essentially (kids 18-23; yeah, 18 YO can take the floor)

DD stayed near Times Square when some from her dance studio went for a week to take classes. She said it would be fun. I agree.

Link doesn't work. What is your hotel budget? Rooms for 5 are scarce. Rooms with 2 Queens are scarce. NYC hotels rooms can be very small with possibility there is no room for your 18 year old to sleep on the floor.

If you don't pick carefully, your transportation costs could eat up any savings on the hotel.

Having said all that, the Courtyard in Jersey City has a 2 queen room + rollaway for about $265 + tax. PATH (next door to hotel) to 33rd & 6th (walking distance to Times Square). This involves initial Uber/Lyft to Jersey City but also offers the option to take the light rail to Bayonne ($2.25/pp) and Uber/Lyft into the port or just Uber/Lyft direct to the port.

We have stayed at the Courtyard with 2 adult children and an infant and would stay there again.

Link doesn't work. What is your hotel budget? Rooms for 5 are scarce. Rooms with 2 Queens are scarce. NYC hotels rooms can be very small with possibility there is no room for your 18 year old to sleep on the floor.

If you don't pick carefully, your transportation costs could eat up any savings on the hotel.

Having said all that, the Courtyard in Jersey City has a 2 queen room + rollaway for about $265 + tax. PATH (next door to hotel) to 33rd & 6th (walking distance to Times Square). This involves initial Uber/Lyft to Jersey City but also offers the option to take the light rail to Bayonne ($2.25/pp) and Uber/Lyft into the port or just Uber/Lyft direct to the port.

We have stayed at the Courtyard with 2 adult children and an infant and would stay there again.

Booked the Intercontinental Times Square w/ 2 doubled (bleh)....but it is free...350 sq. ft.

I have not cancelled our 2BR for $300 near Liberty; also have Holiday Inn Express North Bergen/Lincoln Tunnel free with points.

I have points and/or a free room (we get a free annual room) with IHG (Holiday Inn properties--including Intercontinental).

Have some time to decide.

Booked the Intercontinental Times Square w/ 2 doubled (bleh)....but it is free...350 sq. ft.

I have not cancelled our 2BR for $300 near Liberty; also have Holiday Inn Express North Bergen/Lincoln Tunnel free with points.

I have points and/or a free room (we get a free annual room) with IHG (Holiday Inn properties--including Intercontinental).

Have some time to decide.

Intercontinental sounds fine. I would not be staying in North Bergen. Elizabeth is not convenient and transportation each way to NYC will run you $50-65 for 5 people and will,take 1+ hours each way.