Preparing for Life on the Edge...

Georgia_Peaches

So as we move (at a pain-painstakingly slow pace, I might add) closer to Edge's maiden voyage, I am wondering what people are doing in these final count down days to get ready for the experience. Please share how you've prepared for life on the Edge and please include your voyage date.

Work time constraints won't allow me to board until late March...well after her maiden voyage. But it hasn't stopped me from getting ready! So far I have purchased a new piece of luggage (but in fairness, I needed it) that I intend to set aside for an Edge debut AND I know my embarkation day outfit. The rest of my planning will likely unfold after the reviews start to pour in.

Let the planning details begin...:D

Nice idea for a thread! I am a planner so have started to get ready too.

We are cruising Nov 25-27, Nov 27-29 and Dec 1-4 this year and Jan 20-27 next year. I have my list of usual things I bring on every cruise, but have been adding specific Edge items, such as my tape measure, special Edge t-shirts that I had made, Edge deck plans with a list of must see places, my laptop (I usually just bring my iphone and ipad :D, but I want to be able to put lots of red circles and arrows in my pictures for my live thread with my trusty laptop), my list of CC Edge poster questions, small bottles of maple syrup to give out as gifts if anyone shows me their stateroom (and for our pancakes), binoculars to use when in FLL the day before, if I can get anywhere near the Edge by land or sea :D, to name a few. I am considering upgrading my phone prior to the cruises to have a better camera, since that is what I use. I have a few other things in mind, but don't want people to think me obsessed. ;)

We have a longer wait (April TA) but I’ve:

*purchased drink packages during a flash sale

*purchased a 3-night specialty dining package

*ordered two lovely Edge t-shirts (designed by C-Dragons) for sail away

Pending initial reviews from Vtcruising and others, I’m prepared to order additional items (such as magnetic hooks and mesh storage bags) to make the most of the IV storage.

We cruise in Jan 2019 and then Nov 2019

So far we have done the usual.:

Booked pre cruise hotel, specialty dining and excursions. Added daily grats and Cruisecare to our folio.

Purchased pvt cruise ins ( med and evac) in addition to Celeb Cruise Care

Requested a NON cashmere mattress

Confirmed final payment date and current Royal Card Point balance..will probably go for a small OBC onstead of fare reduction.

Gone through our potential wardrobe as we put away summer clothes...alot of our stuff is already at our place in Fla.

New purchase was a fancy frock ( hippie retro?) for my b day on board, 2 new Tommy Bahama shirts for DH...one for my b day dinner, other for Chic nite..also a new T B tee for him

Nice idea for a thread! I am a planner so have started to get ready too.

We are cruising Nov 25-27, Nov 27-29 and Dec 1-4 this year and Jan 20-27 next year. I have my list of usual things I bring on every cruise, but have been adding specific Edge items, such as my tape measure, special Edge t-shirts that I had made, Edge deck plans with a list of must see places, my laptop (I usually just bring my iphone and ipad :D, but I want to be able to put lots of red circles and arrows in my pictures for my live thread with my trusty laptop), my list of CC Edge poster questions, small bottles of maple syrup to give out as gifts if anyone shows me their stateroom (and for our pancakes), binoculars to use when in FLL the day before, if I can get anywhere near the Edge by land or sea :D, to name a few. I am considering upgrading my phone prior to the cruises to have a better camera, since that is what I use. I have a few other things in mind, but don't want people to think me obsessed. ;)

Thank you! I knew I wasn't the only one out there obsessively getting ready. Love the idea of taking little gifts in exchange for room tours...and I'm already working on my t-shirt design. DH just rolls his eyes:rolleyes:. But I can honestly say, I get butterflies just reading what others are doing! Thank you for sharing :).

What a great threat topic! We are cruising 12/6 preview cruise b2b with the maiden voyage on 12/9. I have prepared a spreadsheet regarding our dinner plans. I purchased a 4 night dinning package before the price went up for my 7 day cruise. Therefore, I have prepared a request list for my butler with regards to options for restaurant and times, in order to help get reservations set when we board. For each day, on my spreadsheet, I have our lunch and dinner venues identified with alternative options, so we can ensure to try all venues over our 10 days onboard.

I have already ordered some new cloths for both myself and DH. We purchased three excursions during the last flash sale but plan to spend most of our time exploring the ship and attempting to try every new cocktail on each menu. I have already started setting aside things we might need i.e. water proof cell phone cases, self stick, new flip flops, Go Pro, etc. We also go new luggage, because we needed it, that is set aside to be used on our Edge trip. I know what I am wearing on my Redeye to Florida and I have started to get a list of outfits and necessary shoe wear together, so I do not overpack.

We have already checked in and printed out our express passes. I continue to check each day so I can order luggage tags. In the coming weeks, I will start to put more stuff aside in preparation of packing the weekend before we leave. I think my spare bedroom will become Edge Central. I am so very excited! Only about 60 some days togo before we board!

What a great threat topic! We are cruising 12/6 preview cruise b2b with the maiden voyage on 12/9. I have prepared a spreadsheet regarding our dinner plans. I purchased a 4 night dinning package before the price went up for my 7 day cruise. Therefore, I have prepared a request list for my butler with regards to options for restaurant and times, in order to help get reservations set when we board. For each day, on my spreadsheet, I have our lunch and dinner venues identified with alternative options, so we can ensure to try all venues over our 10 days onboard.

I have already ordered some new cloths for both myself and DH. We purchased three excursions during the last flash sale but plan to spend most of our time exploring the ship and attempting to try every new cocktail on each menu. I have already started setting aside things we might need i.e. water proof cell phone cases, self stick, new flip flops, Go Pro, etc. We also go new luggage, because we needed it, that is set aside to be used on our Edge trip. I know what I am wearing on my Redeye to Florida and I have started to get a list of outfits and necessary shoe wear together, so I do not overpack.

We have already checked in and printed out our express passes. I continue to check each day so I can order luggage tags. In the coming weeks, I will start to put more stuff aside in preparation of packing the weekend before we leave. I think my spare bedroom will become Edge Central. I am so very excited! Only about 60 some days togo before we board!

Are we twins separated at birth? ;)

We also have a bedroom that will become Edge Central after our daughter's visit in a couple of weeks. :D

My only worry is the PED that is bound to come after the cruises (Post-Edge Depression). ;)

Are we twins separated at birth? ;)

We also have a bedroom that will become Edge Central after our daughter's visit in a couple of weeks. :D

My only worry is the PED that is bound to come after the cruises (Post-Edge Depression). ;)

We must have been triplets, because our guest room will become Edge central after the holidays, for an April cruise:') When DH protests, I remind him that dragging everything out of the closets usually reminds me that I don’t need any new clothes;-)

We don't use the spare bedroom approach anymore..We have a cruise closet..but that has dwindled down as we do not cruise that much anymore...Snowbird Life has taken over a bit and our stuff is in two diff places...always fun to guess where?

other items I did not list:

Ordered and received name tags for our roll call cabin crawl...

Trying to interest more roll call participation for Sailaway!

Starting to organize/locate technology...cords, chargers, plugs,trvl size flashlights, batteries, alarm clock, cameras etc.

Dh actually has a packing checklist he uses...but not this far ahead,.

We always cross pack...better to have half your stuff than none!

We don't use the spare bedroom approach anymore..We have a cruise closet..but that has dwindled down as we do not cruise that much anymore...Snowbird Life has taken over a bit and our stuff is in two diff places...always fun to guess where?

Starting to organize/locate technology...cords, chargers, plugs,trvl size flashlights, batteries, alarm clock, cameras etc.

Well, I guess we can count your closet and call us quadruplets. ;)

I am loving everyone's planning tips - it's giving me more ideas!

A cruise closet. What a great idea! We have only a corner of a closet dedicated to cruise/beach holiday items.

I agree with the wisdom of cross packing. We do the same. All of you are way ahead of me, but your sail dates are before mine:)

Georgia _Peaches, it appears we re on the same cruise! We are doing a B2B 24 Mar and then 31 March. I’ll be an ‘old Edge Hand’ by then!!

Mainly I’m reading on Edge a good deal and planning on enjoying at sea and staying onboard in port as much as possible. Fpr me, this is a ship-cruise, not an itinerary.

Den

First cruise is the charity cruise on November 27th which is all inclusive including parking. We’ve made a hotel reservation, all that is needed. Looking forward to seeing where our cabin is located.

Next cruise is January 20th with Go Best. Again hotel reservation is made as well as 3 specialty restaurants. Vtcruising is in the same aft S1 in December and looking forward to her report.

Final will be in April and only have a hotel reservation.

Of course we are very excited about the Edge, 3 cruises are a pretty big give away.

A cruise closet. What a great idea! We have only a corner of a closet dedicated to cruise/beach holiday items.

I agree with the wisdom of cross packing. We do the same. All of you are way ahead of me, but your sail dates are before mine:)

Closet was available when dd moved out. Made sense when we had 4 and 5 cruises in the chute most of the time, and back when we had formal night dress, shoes etc,.. Much easier these days to pack and go!

Georgia _Peaches, it appears we re on the same cruise! We are doing a B2B 24 Mar and then 31 March. I’ll be an ‘old Edge Hand’ by then!!

Mainly I’m reading on Edge a good deal and planning on enjoying at sea and staying onboard in port as much as possible. Fpr me, this is a ship-cruise, not an itinerary.

Den

Den.. agree 100% about this trip being all about the ship as DH and I don’t have much interest in the ports of call. I’m thinking there’s plenty to explore on board. BTW...I check the 3-31 sailing frequently to see what rooms are left. Pretty astounding that our S2 category has doubled in price since we booked just over a year ago!

Closet was available when dd moved out. Made sense when we had 4 and 5 cruises in the chute most of the time, and back when we had formal night dress, shoes etc,.. Much easier these days to pack and go!

I literally just cleared out my DD’s closet for the purpose of creating a cruise closet. Thanks for the idea!

Den.. agree 100% about this trip being all about the ship as DH and I don’t have much interest in the ports of call. I’m thinking there’s plenty to explore on board. BTW...I check the 3-31 sailing frequently to see what rooms are left. Pretty astounding that our S2 category has doubled in price since we booked just over a year ago!

It’s a bit different for us. We’re booked on a TA, and we are quite interested in some of the ports. That said, we only booked this specific TA to explore the beautiful new Edge. An added bonus is that it’s a reunion cruise with four dear friends:) I can’t wait to explore the ship from stem to stern:D Our cruise has been sold out for some time, but when cabins were still available, our cabin category (C2) had nearly doubled.

We are sailing on April 7 2019, and we have a cruise closet too, and actually we never remove certain things from our luggage . When we get home from a cruise we wash bathing suits and cover ups and put them right back I , as well as flop flops and sun visors. Our travel coffee cups too and paper plates to bring little items from buffet to cabin

We are sailing March 3rd and Have thus far been faithfully reading and studying any and all info/photos re Edge. We have booked all our speciality and MDR reservations. Our typical cruise timeframe is 10-14 days so we are driving to Florida a few days early to enjoy the pool/beach and get in vacay mode as soon as possible. I truly enjoy the planning process and very shortly want to make a list/outline of everything I want us to see and experience on the Edge. We are doing a beach excursion on Nachi Cocom. The other ports we will likely be staying on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are sailing March 3rd and Have thus far been faithfully reading and studying any and all info/photos re Edge. We have booked all our speciality and MDR reservations. Our typical cruise timeframe is 10-14 days so we are driving to Florida a few days early to enjoy the pool/beach and get in vacay mode as soon as possible. I truly enjoy the planning process and very shortly want to make a list/outline of everything I want us to see and experience on the Edge. We are doing a beach excursion on Nachi Cocom. The other ports we will likely be staying on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd love to see your list of "must-sees and do's" as it starts to take shape. I don't want to miss anything. We haven't made any dining reservations yet but I guess we need to start thinking about that too. Like you, I'm trying to keep up with all the new info as it is revealed. Can't wait for the reviews to come!

Oh, ho! I feel I have meet my real brothers and sisters at last (an only child). I have two large storage boxes under the bed for just cruise clothing. Have bought a more sophisticated lbd and a beaded tie-dye coverup for the yellow VW bus scene. Splurged on a suite.

Sailing Feb. 10!

I'd suggest making res as soon as possible..we have all our specialty res booked for Jan...and MDR & specialty res fir Nov 2019..

Not everything is announced or open to book but at least we have the res..

Also ordered stateroom flowers for Jan..

From the recent photos of the staterooms, it appears we will not have to bring idevice power blocks as there seems to be a box with a bunch of USB ports. Looking for confirmation & clarification of how many slots.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From the recent photos of the staterooms, it appears we will not have to bring idevice power blocks as there seems to be a box with a bunch of USB ports. Looking for confirmation & clarification of how many slots.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Never saw anything like that box before. Is that what it's called ? ,,..lots of discussion on other EDGE threads about how it may not be sufficient for various needs ( like camera battery chargers) and the space it takes up...Many prefer the side plug ins on the desk top...

There are close ups..see this link post 3703 for a real close up

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2428652&highlight=Power+box&page=186

We are sailing on April 7 2019, and we have a cruise closet too, and actually we never remove certain things from our luggage . When we get home from a cruise we wash bathing suits and cover ups and put them right back I , as well as flop flops and sun visors. Our travel coffee cups too and paper plates to bring little items from buffet to cabin

That's it! I'm making a cruise closet! I am so jealous. I do leave stuff in my cruise suitcases, but I want a whole closet!! :D