Preparing for Life on the Edge...

Georgia_Peaches

:D:)

Funny, I’m sensitive to wool next to my skin. We had better bring some hydrocortisone cream because it sounds like we could end up with the Edge Rash. ;)

That and benadryl are a packing essential..

Can't tolerate wool carpet much either...EDGE floors look great!

One thing about the bare bones decor.....fewer places for dust to collect!

:D:)

Funny, I’m sensitive to wool next to my skin. We had better bring some hydrocortisone cream because it sounds like we could end up with the Edge Rash. ;)

You’d need a gallon of soothing hydrocortisone bath milk;p Because so many people are sensitive to wool against their skin, I can’t imagine Celebrity would purchase mattresses having wool exteriors. I’m one of the many who are sensitive to wool, which is a pity because I adore vintage wool garments, and gloriously soft wool sweaters (jumpers). My sensitivity is only a mild irritation, but I certainly empathize with those who have more serious reactions.

I totally agree. I too get a rash from wool but I think with the mattress cover and the bottom sheet no worries.:) I certainly can wear a wool coat in the winter, not a sweater. Enough layers should solve the problem.;)

A perfect analogy. :D:D

Love it, but I’m not worried and trust me we always travel with it. I am also allergic to down and all those pillows in our suite will be removed ASAP, think asthma not rash. Katie

Ugh!!! Are they putting down pillows in the stateroom, as well? The decorative type and bed pillows? DH and I both have sensitivity to those. I detest the smell. It messes up my sinuses. DH has allergies and asthma to them.

I assume they still have the pillow menu..or non down/ feather pillow options,

We are all so diff. ,.

My winter coats are all polyester and down,..no wool anything,,,Fortunately for our Carib cruises, warm coats and wool blankets are never an issue!

Ugh!!! Are they putting down pillows in the stateroom, as well? The decorative type and bed pillows? DH and I both have sensitivity to those. I detest the smell. It messes up my sinuses. DH has allergies and asthma to them.

I always get the pillows exchanged the first day, no biggy.

Edited by Oville

They are advertising this for EDGE and the M and S class renovations,.

They originally tried to tell me it would not itch.,,gave me some wierd answers that people are allergic to the worms not the mattresses,, I have no idea about worms but I insisted on my request because I know for sure I cannot wear ( or be close to) anything silk, wool mohair, cashmere etc, Have had bad reactions.

Apparently I am not the only one with this issue Both of my future cruise folios are clearly marked that I DO NOT WANT CASHMERE ANYTHING NEAR ME and NO WOOL BLANKETS due to ALLERGY I heard they will also accept this request for vegans..not sure why???

Contact Special Needs as soon as you can and ask for confirmation it is added to your folio.,It took several call to Cap Club, and Special Needs Dept..hope shoreside requests get to the ship.

Sorry I do not have the phone number.,You can use the Cruise Critic Search feature to find other helpful posts,,,,good luck!

The vegan inclusion is logical because vegans do not use or consume anything produced from animals. Not an allergic reaction but a personal choice.

The vegan inclusion is logical because vegans do not use or consume anything produced from animals. Not an allergic reaction but a personal choice.

That's what I thought. Nice to know X is sensitive to that as well as med issues..allergies, etc,

I always have been avoiding upselling products like specialty restaurants, spa etc. This tradition will not be changed on Edge, so after having completed the check in, there is nothing much else for me to prepare.

I might take a shore excursion, but that´s about it, I guess.

Not the kind of person to deep dive into things like pillow material, cabin size, furniture dimensions :halo: . Just wanna relax and admire the new ship.

I Am vegan for health reasons only... as far as other aspects of 'veganism' I do not subscribe to for myself only.

I usually say, if you eat it, I might be happy wearing it... :halo:

I always wanted a Russian Lynx coat, but cannot find enough people to hold a bbq so I can get the pelts! LOL

bon voyage

I don't have much planned yet besides my list of "must try's", "must do's" and "don't forget's" but, in due time. We don't sail til March 24 so right now it's moving closer to the front of my mind, but right now it still sits behind Thanksgiving (which I'm hosting this year) and then flying East for Christmas. Then, it begins.

I have a hotel in mind but I'm sitting on it right now hoping the rate might drop a bit or I can find a way to get it cheaper. Many times I do. Have to book Christmas flights (which will be a pretty penny) before I can think about flights in March. So sitting on that, too.

However, I am chomping at the bit waiting for reports back so I can decide which nights I am booking my specialty restaurants based on nightly menus in Luminae. I have to pick the "worst" menus in our main restaurants before deciding. I hate missing out on good menus in our main dining room because I chose a speciality and then get stuck with something I don't like on a night we're there. I'm sure there will be menu posts abound, so I'm waiting on that. In addition, I'm probably going to scour the first photos on the boards to scope out where we want to sit up on deck before we even board. I kind of have an idea by looking at deck plans but while the Retreat may be nice, we might actually like it somewhere close by, outside of the crowded areas. I love to cruise but I really prefer to spend most of my time where it's most quiet.

Beginnings of outfit plannings, as well. I swear every time I cruise I promise myself I'm bringing less and then I never do. I know I have been on cruises where I probably brought 13 pairs of shoes for a 7 nighter because I like options, but this time I'm really going to try to limit. Swimsuits...eh, I think I'll still need to bring at least 8, but at least they take up way less room than tons of shoes! I just have to remember, hopefully, less stuff = less stress. I seemed to have forgotten that on my 6 night mountain vacation we just got back from, but gotta admit - there was only one or 2 things I didn't use. Stuffing that much into a carry on was tough! I'll be watching these boards intently over the next few weeks as the info begins to pour in. And by January, for sure I'll be in full-on Edge mode. We have one excursion planned to go to Anguilla from St. Maarten (pretty excited about that since I have tried for years to get there on a ship stop to St. Maarten) so that's the only thing we're planning besides a beach trip to Tortola since that will be a new island for us. San Juan we usually just get off the ship and walk Old San Juan a bit, stop for some good chips and salsa and then get back on. This is more of a ship cruise than a port cruise for us.