Semi-Live Norwegian Breakaway Northern Transatlantic 10/2-10/16

rimmit

So for those interested, we are starting a live blog on the Norwegian Breakaway TA. We are primarily RCI cruisers and this is our first Norwegian Cruise since 1991, so it will basically be new to us. Much of our commentary will be somewhat of a comparison between the two lines. We are very anxious stepping outside our comfort zone of Disney and RCI, but the price was right and itinerary a little different.

https://thesmallworldfamily.com/2018/09/30/northern-transatlantic-cruise-live-blog-day-1/

There is zero advertising, ad sense, TA links, affiliate links, etc. We make zero dollars from this.

So for those interested, we are starting a live blog on the Norwegian Breakaway TA. We are primarily RCI cruisers and this is our first Norwegian Cruise since 1991, so it will basically be new to us. Much of our commentary will be somewhat of a comparison between the two lines. We are very anxious stepping outside our comfort zone of Disney and RCI, but the price was right and itinerary a little different.

https://thesmallworldfamily.com/2018/09/30/northern-transatlantic-cruise-live-blog-day-1/

There is zero advertising, ad sense, TA links, affiliate links, etc. We make zero dollars from this.

We are sailing the Breakaway in January, our first hiatus from Princess (Elite) since 2009....I am very impressed.

Ramon, thanks for sharing your trip with us! You are very gutsy to have done such a long drive -- to NYC no less! -- on the day of your flight; I'm so glad you made it! (I love your sunset/Verrazano Bridge photo, and your Westie is a real cutie pie.)

My wife and I returned two weeks ago from a 20-night TA from Copenhagen to NY (on Holland America), with three pre-cruise nights in Copenhagen. Just the two of us, but I think we had more luggage than the four of you! (Obviously, we need a Kendall to pack for us. ;p)

Have an awesome cruise!

I'm excited to read this as we have a friend - our financial advisor - on this sailing. We met with her last week and we may have spent more time talking about cruising than finances. And of course, she wants to be sure we can always have $$ to continue our newly-found love of cruising. :)

Thanks for posting! Interested to hear about a transatlantic. And we board Breakaway 10/27, soon after you return.

That's awesome. We are going out on the 16th so I hope they have a great safe trip. I thought I saw that the breakaway was updated this year.

I'm excited to read this as we have a friend - our financial advisor - on this sailing. We met with her last week and we may have spent more time talking about cruising than finances. And of course, she wants to be sure we can always have $$ to continue our newly-found love of cruising. :)

Well cruising is one of the most finacialmy feasible ways to travel!!! So I’m sure you Financial advisor loves it!!

That's awesome. We are going out on the 16th so I hope they have a great safe trip. I thought I saw that the breakaway was updated this year.

I was reading about this. There really weren’t any major updates. Just some maintenance.

Thanks rimmit for your blogs! Even though you haven't sailed yet, I'm following your adventures. Nice photos!

Thanks! The photography this trip hasn’t been to great. Hopefully it improves, check out our Instagram page for some more pics or if you are truly interested I can post a link to some of my other work.

Apparently the only material change is that Fat Cats Jazz Club became Syd's Pour House, with Rock n Roll music and a show put on by the band members of Rock of Ages. What is disappointing to me is that they did not give a "Pour House" a more extensive beer list. The beer list on Breakaway is not great!

Well they sailed at 10pm local... hope we get to hear why on the blog!

We will get to that. Short story is. Norwegian Zaire flight was delayed by over a day and a half and had a bunch of passengers so the ship stayed in port and waited on them.

Great looking family and pre-cruise experiences on your blog, especially for those traveling with kids.

As there have not been any updates on the Breakaway team of officers since The Doug Out put them up in July, could you share the names off the Meet & Greet card? Curious about a few positions as our cruise will be 15 nights. How is the CD?

Could you also give us any idea of what's going on musically in Syd Norman's Pour House as well as some of the other lounge entertainers. Things may surely change within a couple of weeks but may give us an idea.

Realize this will be further down the road as you and family will be busy enjoying yourselves so please take your time.

Seeing some of the MDR menus would be great. Hope you're all having a wonderful cruise!:)

Great looking family and pre-cruise experiences on your blog' date=' especially for those traveling with kids.

As there have not been any updates on the Breakaway team of officers since The Doug Out put them up in July, could you share the names off the Meet & Greet card? Curious about a few positions as our cruise will be 15 nights. How is the CD?

Could you also give us any idea of what's going on musically in Syd Norman's Pour House as well as some of the other lounge entertainers. Things may surely change within a couple of weeks but may give us an idea.

Realize this will be further down the road as you and family will be busy enjoying yourselves so please take your time.

Seeing some of the MDR menus would be great. Hope you're all having a wonderful cruise!:)[/quote']

The cruise director is Dan. Not sure his last name. Really energetic Filipino guy. I like him. Young and enthusiastic.

Syd Norman’s has had a Roxy Tribute band. Karaoke and can’t remembwr the rest. There is an Adele tribute singer that was in headliners. A magician and a hypnotist and a crooner in The main theater so far. Howl at the moon in headliners.

Having a great time so far, but feel the Breakaway in comparison to RCI is not designed as well. It is ALWAYS crowded EVERYWHERE. It is so hard to find a seat anywhere any time of day. A cruise is a cruise, but the endless seat searching is slowly getting old. We normally do Royal Caribbean and those are huge ships with large pax compliments but have never felt this crowded. We do like the food better so far on Norwegian and feel the evening entertainment options are better.

Will continue the live blog when we hit land in 10 days. Just can’t afford the internet pricing.... 99 cents a minute is painful.

The cruise director is Dan. Not sure his last name. Really energetic Filipino guy. I like him. Young and enthusiastic.

Syd Norman’s has had a Roxy Tribute band. Karaoke and can’t remembwr the rest. There is an Adele tribute singer that was in headliners. A magician and a hypnotist and a crooner in The main theater so far. Howl at the moon in headliners.

Having a great time so far, but feel the Breakaway in comparison to RCI is not designed as well. It is ALWAYS crowded EVERYWHERE. It is so hard to find a seat anywhere any time of day. A cruise is a cruise, but the endless seat searching is slowly getting old. We normally do Royal Caribbean and those are huge ships with large pax compliments but have never felt this crowded. We do like the food better so far on Norwegian and feel the evening entertainment options are better.

Will continue the live blog when we hit land in 10 days. Just can’t afford the internet pricing.... 99 cents a minute is painful.

I'm surprised it is this crowded on a TA