OKCer

STT & SJU ports

Where exactly does SD handle embarkation in Saint Thomas? Also, for San Juan where does SD disembark? Trying to look at hotel bookings this week for an upcoming sail.

Where exactly does SD handle embarkation in Saint Thomas? Also, for San Juan where does SD disembark? Trying to look at hotel bookings this week for an upcoming sail.

STT is at Crown Bay which is no more than a 10 minute drive from airport. SJU is right downtown across the street from the Sheraton Old San Juan and maybe 20 minutes from airport.

Edited by ctbjr1309

This past winter there was no place to stay in STT because of the hurricane. Consequently, we flew in the day of the cruise and it was a short hop to the boat. Have no idea what the current hotel situation is, but be wary. Some properties may not be places you want to stay.

We are on a cruise that ends in St. Thomas this February--what time can we be off the ship and on our way to the airport.

Jet Blue has a 10:38AM--I am assuming I cannot make this flight.

We have stayed at At Home In The Tropics in St. Thomas precruise, a beautiful B & B. Very nice and great owners. We stayed at Mafolie last year after the hurricanes. Even without hurricane damage, this hotel needs a huge facelift. Don't recommend it. We are staying this year at Doubletree in San Juan, we got a great rate. After the cruise, we will be staying in St. John for a few days.

Which sailing are you considering? We are on March 2 on SDI embarking in STT and disembarking in SJU. Would love it if you are sailing with us!

BTW, if "OKC" is what I think it is, I was born at St. Anthony's Hospital!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Come stay on St John (I live on St John) Plenty of places to stay and post Irma we appreciate each and every one of you visiting us - thank you.

Come stay on St John (I live on St John) Plenty of places to stay and post Irma we appreciate each and every one of you visiting us - thank you.

Thanks--but--I owned a home on St. John for 38 years--sold it in August, 2017--just before the hurricane--house survived ok.

Also we are staying on St. John before the cruise.

We are on a cruise that ends in St. Thomas this February--what time can we be off the ship and on our way to the airport.

Jet Blue has a 10:38AM--I am assuming I cannot make this flight.

Usually one can depart the ship by 8 AM - sometimes earlier but no guarantees - it could also be later than 8 AM but not often in our experience. As noted by others, the airport is only 10-15 minutes from the port SD uses in STT.

Thanks but we booked a day room at Lindberg Beach Hotel--and will catch a flight just after 4PM

On 10/3/2018 at 7:45 PM, Mrs_Tiki said:

Which sailing are you considering? We are on March 2 on SDI embarking in STT and disembarking in SJU. Would love it if you are sailing with us!

BTW, if "OKC" is what I think it is, I was born at St. Anthony's Hospital!

Mrs_Tiki, we are on the same embarking as you. We'll be 10 folks from OKC and two from southern Cali, celebrating a milestone birthday! 

Fantastic!  We can't wait!  It will just be my husband and me this trip, celebrating a week away from work. :)

Y'all have picked a great way to celebrate, looking forward to meeting your group.