Concierge Class boarding day lunch

Janet524

• 5 months later...
On 12/1/2018 at 1:26 PM, Turtles06 said:

We are recently off the Silhouette and very much enjoyed the Concierge Class embarkation day lunch in the MDR. As others have said, it sure beats the chaos of the buffet that day. 

I just want to add that the staff do not “hold” your carryons for you during lunch. You are free to leave them at the front of the MDR if you want, but there’s no claim check or security, and anyone could walk off with someone else’s bag. Since for me, the only reason I’ve carried stuff on is because the contents are too valuable to loose (cameras and other electronics, prescription meds), I’m not about to just leave them. YMMV of course. 

TY! I am so glad you said this. I was hesitant about going to the MDR for lunch on embarkation day because I really didn't like the idea of having to leave my carry-on bag at the front. Like you said, that is the reason I HAVE a carry-on, for valuables. So I am happy to know I don't have to leave it there. It's not a huge bag by any means, but I'd like to keep it next to me until I can get to my room. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, countess5 said:

We will be on Equinox February 1st for a B2B and Concierge class, how do you even find out about this lunch? If I had not read it here I would not know there is even such a thing. 

Thanks

Cheers! 

When we've done concierge class we've always had a card enclosed with our sail pass card that invited us to the lunch. I believe it is also included in the amenities list for CC cabins on the X website. In any event, sail pass cards are color coded. Just presenting the card at the MDR podium is sufficient.

They don't seem to advertise it as much as they should.  The key is, you have to board early because I think it closes at 1:30pm.  It's nice to have an alternative to the crowded buffet on the 1st day.

2 hours ago, countess5 said:

We will be on Equinox February 1st for a B2B and Concierge class, how do you even find out about this lunch? If I had not read it here I would not know there is even such a thing. 

It should be in the packet of B2B information you receive before the end of the first cruise and/or mentioned at the B2B meeting.

It's in the Conceirge Class description on the website too

Concierge Class Cruise Ship Staterooms

Just get in there before 1:30 (or whatever the posted closing time is; the time when they close the doors) and you will be fine.  They will serve you even if you arrive just seconds before the posted closing time.

Edited by varoo