Question about EZAir pricing

Rick&Jeannie

We have a British Isles cruise booked for May 2019...am researching air fares. I am seeing a DRASTIC difference between "Flexible" vs "Restricted". For example...$805 Flexible vs $1400 Restricted.

I must be missing something! Why would anybody pick Restricted over the Flexible? There must be some really compelling reason to pick that higher "Restricted" fare that I just don't see.

Help!

We have a British Isles cruise booked for May 2019...am researching air fares. I am seeing a DRASTIC difference between "Flexible" vs "Restricted". For example...$805 Flexible vs $1400 Restricted.

I must be missing something! Why would anybody pick Restricted over the Flexible? There must be some really compelling reason to pick that higher "Restricted" fare that I just don't see.

Help!

No you are not missing anything. No rhyme or reason why it is that way. :o

Its been that way for a couple of years.

Definitely strange but I don't question it. :)

We have seen some great prices.

Grab them (flexible) while you can and you can change up to 45 days prior to the cruise for no cost of the fare goes down.

Appreciate the fast response! I'd still like to hear from someone who might offer up a reason that they would pick Restricted over Flexible...

As Colo Cruiser posted, there is no reason to select Restricted.

You can read the Restricted & Flexible rules and the only reason to book Restricted is when Flexible is not available. It’s possible to find airfares that are cheaper than Restricted but have never found international airfares cheaper than with Flexible.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I read something about people wanted their tickets issued (why?) so booked restricted tickets. Doesn’t make sense to me, but what do I know?

Some passengers pay early to get their seat assignments but that can be done even when booking a cheaper Flexible airfare.

Some flights are offered only as "restricted." I'm guessing that's an airline thing.

OK, I'm one of those people who needed to have my tickets purchased--my daughter has a mobility issue and we needed to get seats as far forward in the plane as possible. However, I could do this by purchasing the tickets as "flexible," and then sending a document to Princess requesting that they book the tickets immediately. This means we would lose the flex features--the tickets would no longer be refundable and I couldn't grab a cheaper fare if one came out BUT the airline would allow us to select the seats we needed. And I paid the "flexible" fare.

On our most recent cruise we were on a different airline and I was able to get the seats reserved prior to paying for the tickets. It just depends on the airline policy.

Also, sometimes people want business or first class seats which may be available only as restricted.

Some flights are offered only as "restricted." I'm guessing that's an airline thing.

OK' date=' I'm one of those people who needed to have my tickets purchased--my daughter has a mobility issue and we needed to get seats as far forward in the plane as possible. However, I could do this by purchasing the tickets as "flexible," and then sending a document to Princess requesting that they book the tickets immediately. This means we would lose the flex features--the tickets would no longer be refundable and I couldn't grab a cheaper fare if one came out BUT the airline would allow us to select the seats we needed. And I paid the "flexible" fare.

On our most recent cruise we were on a different airline and I was able to get the seats reserved prior to paying for the tickets. It just depends on the airline policy.

Also, sometimes people want business or first class seats which may be available only as restricted.[/quote']

Even without getting ticketed as with the flexible fares, you can still get your seats. I have done so on the airline website or by phone with the airline. I have never had a problem but it sometimes takes a little effort. Also, once you make a change or get a price reduction, you most times have to rebook your seats.

Even without getting ticketed as with the flexible fares, you can still get your seats. I have done so on the airline website or by phone with the airline. I have never had a problem but it sometimes takes a little effort. Also, once you make a change or get a price reduction, you most times have to rebook your seats.

This depends on the policy of each airline. We've had it work both ways. In each case, I explained the medical need.

Some airlines will not allow you to pick your seat until the ticket is issued. Flexible tickets on those airlines will result in not getting the seat you would like (e.g. aisle or window but rather middle seat in rear). If you want to work with the air carrier to upgrade to a more desirable seat, flex fare will not allow you to do it until the ticket is actually purchased. On long flights (8 hours or more) some like to get a seat with extra leg room or higher class (business or first class) and a flexible ticket will not work on some (most?) airlines. Waiting until the ticket is actually purchased may mean not having the seats available. I know that United and American will allow me to pick my seat as soon as the reservation is made and so I lean heavily to them. One time I booked on British Airways and they would not allow me to pick a seat so I switched to American.