1 Balcony for 4 or two connecting insides?

xcell

Trying to decide...

Ship is NCL Escape going out of NYC.

The cost difference between 1 Balcony for 4 (2 adults, 2 kids -- 15 and 12) and 2 connecting inside is $600.

$600 more for the connecting insides.

Which would you choose?

Balcony no question. Better cabin and a few $ cheaper. I sail in balconies with my 3 kids all the time (16, 12 and 7) and never feel overly cramped. The kids will have a Pullman bed and the convertible sofa which is fine. I personally like drinking coffee and relaxing on the balcony without waking the kids up early in the morning. In an inside it's pitch black and you can't do much without putting on the lights waking everyone up. With a balcony I can open the curtain a tiny bit to get just enough light to make some coffee and go outside and relax for awhile.

Also, I don't think insides have coffee makers or a couch just the beds and the room is really small. Nice to have that second bathroom but I would easily trade that for a balcony.

Good luck with your decision and enjoy your cruise!

You can improve privacy in a balcony cabin with some strong magnet hooks, clips, and a queen sheet. I've done this with our daughter for years. Most of the cabins have a metal ceiling. A key decision if choosing your cabin is if you want your bed by the balcony or the bathroom. I would take the Balcony every time.

Do you and the other adult want privacy? If so....2 insides.

I agree with this post. If the 2 adults want privacy , or alone time, a sheet and metal hooks are not going to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you check the price difference for the 3 and 4th guests in the cabin it may not be that different than getting an inside cabin for 2.

We did that with our kids. Crunch the numbers.

The problem I had was NCL wanted 1 adult in each cabin and often the promotions are not included with the inside cabin. After several phone calls they did give the adult in the inside cabin the promotion.

Also, as Two Wheels Only pointed out, if you include the promotions the balcony might be a better "value".

plus it's really nice not to have to share a room with 2 teenagers

but if the kids go free take the balcony

Trying to decide...

Ship is NCL Escape going out of NYC.

The cost difference between 1 Balcony for 4 (2 adults, 2 kids -- 15 and 12) and 2 connecting inside is $600.

$600 more for the connecting insides.

Which would you choose?

While all cabins on Escape small- better to have two bathroom with 4 people- I would definately opt for 2 inside cabins.

What about a balcony for adults and inside directly across y’all for the kids? What is that price difference and in that case everyone could get a speciality dining package with the adults choosing a second freebie too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'd pick the balcony, but I'm super big on having my own outside private space for just me and my family. I have one son and for a cruise we are cool with being in one room.

My brother and his girlfriend usually do inside, as they don't care about that and aren't in their cabins much. If you don't care about the balcony, the extra space of the two rooms and extra bathroom could be nice and great if the kids go to sleep before you guys do etc. too.

Promos won't make a difference, as I am booking this with Canada at Par promo, so I loose the drink package, dining package, etc... options.

Price for the 2 connecting insides is $600 more than have all of us into 1 balcony cabin.

My kids want the balcony -- not sure why, my wife wants the extra bathroom...

Promos won't make a difference, as I am booking this with Canada at Par promo, so I loose the drink package, dining package, etc... options.

Price for the 2 connecting insides is $600 more than have all of us into 1 balcony cabin.

My kids want the balcony -- not sure why, my wife wants the extra bathroom...

Happy wife...happy life. I think it's an easy decision ;)

What is your motivation for considering separate cabins?

If it is Mom and Dad privacy, then two cabins is the answer.

If it is two showers then there's another option. Buy thermal suite passes for one or both adults. It would cost less than $600 and give you not just additional showers, but a retreat for Mom/Dad or both.

As mentioned 3rd & 4th free (if it applies) is a pretty sweet deal and likely accounts for the price gap.

If the drink package is your perk preference you should get UDP for each adult assigned to the room AND the teen soda package if you go with connecting insides. You wouldn't get the soda packages with the balcony, but could afford them if wanted with your savings.

I will share that we had two adults and a teen in a balcony on the Escape. We loved it and had plenty of space. I think even with the couch opened for the 4th person we would have felt comfortable. The couch is only open for bedtime, during the day it would still be available as a seat. We were not looking for adult privacy (my mother, me and a teen boy).

The balcony is still nice even if it is cold out while leaving NYC. Light, sightseeing even with a closed door and eventually you won't be in the cold during your trip and using the balcony is more likely.

Again, if having a separate space from the teens is your vacation wish, a very reasonable choice, go for the insides. Otherwise the balcony would be my choice.