Vista Video

BallFour4

Been aboard the Vista? If you have then you've seen the differences and changes from the traditional Carnival design. By that, some of the same styles from the Fantasy class were carried all the way to those prior. The Vista upset that trend.

Here is a brief video I made from images captured yesterday. Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yilymwwdbplrses/Vista%20Tour%202018.mov?dl=0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Vista definitely upset me. No more glass elevators. No more high atriums with skylights. No more nice large theaters in the font of the ship. No more large show lounges in the rear of the ship. Crazy to me that Fantasy class ships have numerous features far superior to Vista class ships.

The Vista definitely upset me. No more glass elevators. No more high atriums with skylights. No more nice large theaters in the font of the ship. No more large show lounges in the rear of the ship. Crazy to me that Fantasy class ships have numerous features far superior to Vista class ships.

Being and Astros fan here’s the part where I am supposed to argue with you. I’m not.

The Vista is a big time departure from the design norms of Carnival and perhaps more mass-market cruise lines. We loved the cabin color themes, the departure from the orange vinyl couches in the cabins and all the food varieties available. Take away the IMAX and a couple of other things and bring me back the Breeze.

My wife and I are fans of the Conquest class ships for many reasons, the least of which is some balcony modesty. The newer ships have that racetrack around on deck 5. If you have a balcony cabin close by on any of the next two or three levels your cabin is in full view. We like to leave the drapes open in the mornings at sea and before we arrive in port. That plan on this and the newer ships means someone is going to be traumatized by a 60 year old man getting dressed...

I agree about the Fantasy Class ships. We sailed on the Ecstasy from Miami and then several times when she came here to Galveston. Later we cruised the Elation and Imagination. All were great trips.

All the big gathering places on other ships are reduced on the VIsta. The atrium, the larger pool area on the Speedo deck and the theatre. Those removable chairs look like a ballroom in a suburban Marriott.

The Vista is in my humble opinion designed like a entertainment complex versus a cruise ship. Those that want to gamble, watch movies, sun, spa or sleep the day away can go an entire cruise and not see more than half their fellow cruisers.

We both know these are just two peoples opinions, but for my vacation dollar the Freedom from here in Galveston remains the prettiest, most fun and best deal for my wife and I. Second place is the Glory. Same ship, but we sailed her to Canada from Boston a few years ago. A really nice departure from the norm of coconut monkey drinks served to recorded steel drums...

Being and Astros fan here’s the part where I am supposed to argue with you. I’m not.

The Vista is a big time departure from the design norms of Carnival and perhaps more mass-market cruise lines. We loved the cabin color themes, the departure from the orange vinyl couches in the cabins and all the food varieties available. Take away the IMAX and a couple of other things and bring me back the Breeze.

My wife and I are fans of the Conquest class ships for many reasons, the least of which is some balcony modesty. The newer ships have that racetrack around on deck 5. If you have a balcony cabin close by on any of the next two or three levels your cabin is in full view. We like to leave the drapes open in the mornings at sea and before we arrive in port. That plan on this and the newer ships means someone is going to be traumatized by a 60 year old man getting dressed...

I agree about the Fantasy Class ships. We sailed on the Ecstasy from Miami and then several times when she came here to Galveston. Later we cruised the Elation and Imagination. All were great trips.

All the big gathering places on other ships are reduced on the VIsta. The atrium, the larger pool area on the Speedo deck and the theatre. Those removable chairs look like a ballroom in a suburban Marriott.

The Vista is in my humble opinion designed like a entertainment complex versus a cruise ship. Those that want to gamble, watch movies, sun, spa or sleep the day away can go an entire cruise and not see more than half their fellow cruisers.

We both know these are just two peoples opinions, but for my vacation dollar the Freedom from here in Galveston remains the prettiest, most fun and best deal for my wife and I. Second place is the Glory. Same ship, but we sailed her to Canada from Boston a few years ago. A really nice departure from the norm of coconut monkey drinks served to recorded steel drums...

Well said (y) .Very close to my assessment. I can see the pros and cons . But the masses of people along with the extreme delayed times in the MDR :( Whew !

Enjoyed your video BallFour 4. Thanks! We will be on the Vista October 28 and can't wait! We have sailed both Conquest class and Fantasy class and want to try out the Vista class. Maybe we won't care for the larger ship, but we are certainly going to give her a try. I know we will have a great time simply because we are cruising!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...