Cruise Critic Community
isladonna

Sunscreen, safe for reef

Does anyone know of a brand of sunscreen that is considered acceptable for snorkeling in Belize?

I don't want to buy some and have them tell me it is not acceptable. ALot of them, like Reef Safe brand, are not actually reef safe.

Looking on amazon, so confusing! Read reviews and people say they were not allowed to use particular ones, even though they

though were safe.

Thank you!

It's highly unlikely that someone will check. People use certain ones (like my DW) because allergies to certain chemicals.

Thanks Donna. We so appreciate tourists like yourself who are committed to helping our earth, not harming it. I cannot post a link as it will be removed. PADI has a list of reef-safe sun screens. Our hope is that Belize will follow Hawaii and get more interested in making a significant impact. Many that are on the list can be bought at your local RiteAid, CMS, most people just are not aware. Enjoy your time snorkeling in Belize.

Janice

Thanks Donna. We so appreciate tourists like yourself who are committed to helping our earth, not harming it. I cannot post a link as it will be removed. PADI has a list of reef-safe sun screens. Our hope is that Belize will follow Hawaii and get more interested in making a significant impact. Many that are on the list can be bought at your local RiteAid, CMS, most people just are not aware. Enjoy your time snorkeling in Belize.

Janice

Thank you so much!