Platinum Dining Perk Question

Cardex

This is my first cruise with the platinum dining perk. I am doing a back to back on the Dawn. I will be solo on the first cruise and my husband is joining me for the second cruise. Is it possible to save the 2 dinner coupons from the first cruise and use them on the second cruise? It would be so much nicer to be able to share the dinners with my husband than dining solo.

Technically no. But they would never know. You just have a coupon to pay for dinner.

Don’t forget to go to the cruise next desk on embarkation day to sign up for the free behind the scenes tour and note the time of the latitudes party.

4ff5ba37a0e2ec38dabd9dcaf4a60f7e.jpg

ed05894e8b1cecf7e089d153901f5ecf.jpg

Technically no. But they would never know. You just have a coupon to pay for dinner.

Don’t forget to go to the cruise next desk on embarkation day to sign up for the free behind the scenes tour and note the time of the latitudes party.

ed05894e8b1cecf7e089d153901f5ecf.jpg

Yes, they would know because they track it in the computer system when you get to the restaurant.

• Like 1

It doesn’t hurt to ask, but I’d expect them to say no.

Thanks

On a different note, but along the same line of question, my DH and I are Platinum so we will get the dining perk. We are traveling with another couple and were wondering if they would let us use both certificates for the 4 of us to dine in Moderno or La Cucina. It would seem like NCL would save some money on the deal, as Cagneys or Le Bistro is a more expensive restaurant, but who knows how NCL would look at it.

Yes, they would know because they track it in the computer system when you get to the restaurant.
Correct, it is in the computer. On my last cruise, I went into La Cucina, sat down and then the hostess came over to me and asked if I was going to use my platinum dinner perk for the dinner. Not a word was said to anyone before I sat down about what I was using to pay for the dinner.

OP - On your solo cruise, you can always invite someone outside your cabin to join you for dinner if you're not able to save the certificates for week 2.

Another tactic is to pair up with another solo platinum cruiser giving you an opportunity to try all 4 restaurants offered on the certificates.

Hope you have a great couple of cruises!

Sent from my Etch-a-sketch

This is my first cruise with the platinum dining perk. I am doing a back to back on the Dawn. I will be solo on the first cruise and my husband is joining me for the second cruise. Is it possible to save the 2 dinner coupons from the first cruise and use them on the second cruise? It would be so much nicer to be able to share the dinners with my husband than dining solo.

Since you are doing a back to back, you will receive coupons for your first cruise and another set of coupons for your second cruise.

Enjoy

Our next cruise in February will also be our first one as platinum. It is 14 days. I'm pretty sure we will only get the two comp dinners. I know you cannot make reservations before you sail but can you make reservations on boarding day?

Our next cruise in February will also be our first one as platinum. It is 14 days. I'm pretty sure we will only get the two comp dinners. I know you cannot make reservations before you sail but can you make reservations on boarding day?

You can make reservations before you sail, just like everyone else. If you want an a la carte restaurant like Cagney’s you won’t need to pay ahead of time. If you pick Moderno you would be charged at the time you make the reservation but it would be refunded when you use your certificate.

You could ask the F & B Manager during your Meet & Greet. If it’s possible he would know. Everything is computerized so it might not be, or it might be able to be overridden. If not I’d probably ask someone on the Roll Call to join.

You absolutely can make reservations for these meals. Just book them as you normally would.

The only issue is Moderno, as that has an upfront charge. You can avoid this if you have the SDP.

There are details about this in the link in my signature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to provide an update. I had no trouble at all using the 4 coupons on the second leg of the cruise. I was able to make all the reservations on the first morning before all the new cruisers joined and was able to get my preferred time (6:30). My reservation for Le Bistro had to be changed because the night I had reservations, we were sailing in very rough seas and a window got damaged and water was coming into the restaurant. 😲

Any other NCL platinum cruisers wish they would do away with paper certificates and just add your platinum dinners to your room card like the do UDP?   Would think the savings on printing and paper would be a win for NCL and I wouldn't have to remember to remember to bring to dinner (or go back to my room to get when I forget :classic_biggrin:)

My teenage son will be in our same cabin, would we be able to use the platinum perk dinner vouchers for him?  My husband and I will already have the 3 day dinner specialty package and was going to buy another package for our son as he is the third guest in the cabin, but if we can use these vouchers we would probably not purchase. 

Do you know if the refund for Moderno will go back on my credit card at the end of the cruise if I don't spend the refund for my reservation that I use my platinum certificate for?

Also, does anyone have experience with how easy or hard it is to cancel or change both main and specialty dining reservations once on board?

4 hours ago, alwalaska said:

Do you know if the refund for Moderno will go back on my credit card at the end of the cruise if I don't spend the refund for my reservation that I use my platinum certificate for?

Also, does anyone have experience with how easy or hard it is to cancel or change both main and specialty dining reservations once on board?

It goes on your on board account.

You can change reservations all you want. NCL holds tables for onboard reservations. BUT, prime time dinner reservations sell out quickly, so you can change, but it may be to a time later in the evening. It is best to deal with reservations quickly on embarkation day to get the dates and times you want. 

15 hours ago, Newleno said:

Can you order cote de boefe pour deux without paying any upcharge at cagneys, thanks 

Not at Cagneys as it is served at Le Bistro.  If the cert is still the same as posted earlier, then yes in Le Bistro as shared dish.  I shared with DS a few years back who was guest 4 on reservation.  DW shared her cert with DD who was guest 3.  Haven't seen any changes to this use.

On 10/1/2018 at 12:16 PM, BirdTravels said:

Thank you for posting this info! We are on track to be Platinum after our Greek Isle cruise in next May. We are glad to learn that it is for 2...so, we each will get the perk. We are Diamond on Carnival and got ONE trip to the steakhouse for hitting that level of 200 days, not each cruise. The NCL perk is so much better!

John

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It goes on your on board account.

You can change reservations all you want. NCL holds tables for onboard reservations. BUT, prime time dinner reservations sell out quickly, so you can change, but it may be to a time later in the evening. It is best to deal with reservations quickly on embarkation day to get the dates and times you want. 

Thank you.  I'm more likely to be canceling and going for the buffet if I am just too worn out to eat a nice meal. :)  We are doing Pride of America with a port every day.  I want to grab early dining because I know it will be crazy busy around 6, but I also want to be able to easily cancel if it looks like we decide to not bother with the dining room.  I am planning our 2 platinum meals for our less busy/early back from port days.

I think we will just get CruiseNext certificates with our refund for Moderno. Good excuse to sail again.

Thanks again for the help.