Shore Excursions on the Edge

Kingsbridge

I booked the Sept 20, 2019 Italy Spain and Monaco cruise back in June of 2018. Shortly thereafter I looked at shore excursions and picked out some that I would like to take. I wrote down the prices but didn't book because the cruise was so far out. I went back online today and noticed that the prices of the excursions had gone up. Is that a common thing on Celebrity? I usually cruise on HAL and I don't remember that happening on that line. Do the excursion prices fluctuate or will the new higher prices be the best you can get?

• Like 1

I booked the Sept 20, 2019 Italy Spain and Monaco cruise back in June of 2018. Shortly thereafter I looked at shore excursions and picked out some that I would like to take. I wrote down the prices but didn't book because the cruise was so far out. I went back online today and noticed that the prices of the excursions had gone up. Is that a common thing on Celebrity? I usually cruise on HAL and I don't remember that happening on that line. Do the excursion prices fluctuate or will the new higher prices be the best you can get?

There were excursions on sale about two weeks ago as one we had been interested in was down about $40. I have noticed that some excursions had initially gone up since we first booked last year. I would keep checking as Celebrity does appear to have price and offering changes regularly.

Several excursions on the Western Caribbean are now “check on board” or something to that fact. Hoping that’ll mean we can try to purchase when we get on board as one in particular is a “must do” for us if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip about the sale.  I checked the excursions for my September Mediterranean cruise and some but not all of the prices of excursions had gone down.  I was able to cancel and rebook the one very expensive excursion I had signed up for and saved $60 on that.  I then booked another excursion where the price had gone down, but I have held off on booking other excursions for the time being.

Unfortunately, the excursion we booked (Ferry from St. Martin to St. Barts, 2/28/19) was not on sale.  It is pricey IMO but wanted to do something different.  Maybe the price will go down later.

Bill