Back to back on different shipsnone

KYBOB

Ok I have searched the forums for this and get a ton of discussions about B2B on the same ship, same ship different room. We have done several of these our selves, but doing something different this time. I am not finding anything about a B2B on different ships. Or is this really a B2B?

I am working a trip starting in Port Everglades where we would take the Sky PrIncess for 7 days then get off and then get on the Caribbean PrIncess for 14 days.

My questions are; has anybody done this before? I think I have read others doing this. Could be a dream. What I am interested is when did they get off the first ship ? (Early or late). Then how did you get your bags to the second ship? Assuming they keep with the pattern this year the Regal / Royal will be at terminal 2 and the Caribbean will be next to it at terminal 4? It does not look like much of a hike but with bags ? Also if it is not at 4 but other terminal any transportation other than a cab?

We will be driving but wanted to drop the car off in one of the many other cheaper places to park than the port. But if have to get a cab etc. would it be easier just park at the port then move our car to where the next ship is.

Thanks for any replies.

You should be able to delay disembarkation to the last minute. For the right price, porter will take luggage anywhere. The question is will second cruise be able to check in bags that early. You may need to baby sit bags til porters move over.

We did this about 7 years ago on Celebrity over the Christmas and NY holidays. We did a 5 day on the Millennium and then two 7 day (B2B) on the Eclipse. Luckily they were parked right next to each other in Florida. We were the last ones off the first cruise and luckily just had one big rolling suitcase each. We just walked from one to the other. With that 5 day cruise we became Elite, so we just walked up to the Elite check in line and got right on. I think we had dinner with the captain at least twice that cruise too! Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am working a trip starting in Port Everglades where we would take the Sky PrIncess for 7 days then get off and then get on the Caribbean PrIncess for 14 days.

My questions are; has anybody done this before? Many people have done this.

I think I have read others doing this. Could be a dream. What I am interested is when did they get off the first ship ? (Early or late). Everybody will normally be off the ship by 9:30 or 10:00.

Then how did you get your bags to the second ship? Also any transportation other than a cab? Some people have posted in the past that they asked at the Purser's Desk on the first cruise and were able to arrange for Princess to set up a port shuttle for them to the second cruise.

We will be driving but wanted to drop the car off in one of the many other cheaper places to park than the port. But if have to get a cab etc. would it be easier just park at the port then move our car to where the next ship is. The cost of a cab will be far less than the amount of money you are saving by parking off site.

see above in red

The parking garage is beside terminal 2. A couple years ago when we disembarked from terminal 22? or something like that on the Caribbean Princess, there was a shuttle bus going back and forth from our area to the parking garage. No charge and people were going both ways on it. If this is an option, it might just fit the bill for you as it dropped us off right beside the baggage drop off for Terminal 2.

Don

The only matched dates I can locate are in 2020. It's too early to determine the pier assignments. If the ships are near each other, piers 2 & 4 or two of the mid port piers, just leave the Sky as late as possible and walk over to the porters for the Caribbean. If one ship is at the north port and one at the mid port again leave the Sky as late as possible. If Princess is not providing a shuttle you have a few choices. a) see if there is an in port garage shuttle, b) just take a cab, the current fare is the min. of $10 + tip.

We've done this at Ft Lauderdale and Princess actually had a shuttle arranged for those of us switching ships - went from Terminal 2 to 21.

That said, upon disembarkation we had to find our luggage in the luggage hall, go through Customs, and then take the shuttle to the new ship. Nothing different about embarkation.

As above, it is really not a B2B except in your mind. You'll have a different folio, different cruise card, etc. As to making the move, I would suggest that you park off site and save money. Talk to the passenger services desk--they have been known to arrange transportation between the ships. Remain on the first ship till 9:30 or 10, get off, go thru Customs, and you'll arrive at the second ship about 10:30. That's early but not too early. There, the process will start over. If Princess won't arrange transportation, take a cab.

Get off the ship at the last possible time. Notify the Passenger Services Desk people of your connecting cruise/ship and ask them to provide transportation if the next ship is at a distant pier (pier 2 & 4 are right next to each other, the other piers are distant). We have done this and it's a piece of cake. Don't need to pay for a cab. If you park at an off site parking lot, go get the car, have some fun or shop. The lot we use lets you take the car out for no charge when you reserve for the entire length of your cruises.

I have the same situation as the original poster but my changing of ships will be in San Pedro.

I will arrive on the Emerald Princess and need to board the Royal Princess. I have embarked/disembarked at San Pedro before but never when two ships have been there so I have no first hand observations of the procedure.

I did it earlier this year. I disembarked at like 10am. Princess had a shuttle that they provided. I missed the first shuttle because I let someone take my spot, and the next shuttle pulled up about 3 minutes later. We we're dropped off right in front of the terminal and walked into the terminal to check in, and it took about 15 minutes to board the ship. It was a nice feeling switching ships and getting a new experience. Especially going from a older smaller ship to a newer bigger ship. It felt refreshing having more space and being surrounded by new decor.

We've only done this once and we checked with the pursers desk, as was mentioned above, and there was a princess shuttle bus available for those moving over to another Princess ship. We were told where to meet and went together to pick up our luggage, then proceeded to the shuttle bus, the driver loaded our luggage, and when everyone had arrived on the bus were were transported over to the next terminal where we did a normal check in. So I suggest you check with the pursers desk during your first leg of your cruise and they will be able to inform you.