Civitavecchia Hotels

rbslos18

We are trying to decide between Hotell Traghetto and Hotel Traiano. They seem comparable. What made you choose one over the other? Thanks for your time.

Thanks.

RB

Don’t stay at the hotel Traghetto!

Emphasis on the word ghetto!

We stayed there 1 night pre-cruise last October and the place is a dump.

We are trying to decide between Hotell Traghetto and Hotel Traiano. They seem comparable. What made you choose one over the other? Thanks for your time.

Thanks.

RB

We have booked Hotel De La Ville, we haven’t stayed there but my sister has friends that have and she met her friends there and recommended it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is not a dump - it's just a basic Italian hotel at a very reasonable price, with very nice staff.

I have stayed a both hotels and both a fine for an overnight stay before a cruise but Traghetto is right next to the port bus stop so very easy to transfer on the morning of the cruise. Traiano is a little way out of town but they do a transfer to the port which has to be prebooked. San Giorgio is often recommended on here. I've also stayed at Hotel de la Ville and wouldn't stay there again.

Just for convenience - and price - I would book Traghetto

Wow. It is amazing that the ratings are so positive. Have you stayed at the Hotel Traiano?

I have not stayed at the Hotel Traiano but the reviews are quite a bit higher than the Traghetto. It looks a bit out of the way though.

The only thing that the Traghetto has is that it’s around the corner from Lago Della Pace shuttle pick up. The rest of our group of 10 were not happy with the person who chose it.

I suggest looking into somewhere near the train station or along the way to Lago Della Pace.

La Darsena

Alibrandi Palace

Hotel de La Ville

Edited by lamchops

I haven't stayed at any of these hotels but from reading countless reviews one gets the feeling that they don't have to try very hard, as most folks are just looking for a one-night stay prior to a cruise, and convenience is generally a key factor...

My advice would be to keep your expectations moderate, if you book one of these convenient hotels.

Staying in Rome is always a good option.... ;)

San Giorgio does include a free shuttle to the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We ( 8 of us) also stayed at San Giorgio and liked the location very much. Our transfer to the ship was free ( and very convenient) because we booked directly with the hotel but there were others who booked the hotel with a third party and they were charged for the transfer ( I think 10 euro p/p). That was last year in July.