What is your favorite cruise tradition?

MamaToMany

10 days left until our 15th anniversary cruise, and I want to get even more excited than I already am!

Tell me about your favorite cruise tradition. How did it start?

My first (and only other cruise so far) Cruise was with my 12 year old son. Our favorite thing was getting little sandwiches from the Cafe Promenade (on Allure) and going back to our balcony to play dice and cards until late at night. It was just lovely listening to the ocean go by, nibbling yummy sandwiches, and spending quality one-on-one time with my boy.

I’m sure it’ll be a bit different, but I’m looking forward to doing the same thing with my hubby- simply chilling on the balcony, having treats, and watching the ocean go by. Can’t wait!!!

I can’t wait to hear what each of you loves and has made into a tradition!

So,,, we have a tradition to always decorate our cabin. We literally make a run to the dollar store and get some season appropriate decorations and turn a dull cruise cabin to something festive.

On the Bliss, we went to the Observation Lounge each afternoon to get some scones, cream, and jam with tea. We are platinum members on Curnard and this is a Freestyle replacement for afternoon tea on the great ocean liners in the Cunard fleet.

So,,, we have a tradition to always decorate our cabin. We literally make a run to the dollar store and get some season appropriate decorations and turn a dull cruise cabin to something festive.

On the Bliss, we went to the Observation Lounge each afternoon to get some scones, cream, and jam with tea. We are platinum members on Curnard and this is a Freestyle replacement for afternoon tea on the great ocean liners in the Cunard fleet.

There's technically only one ocean liner in Cunard's fleet.

For me its a simple one and everybody does it. Go up top and get a drink and hang out while the ship pushes from the dock and starts the journey. One of my favorite part of a cruise is being on the ship and moving! Going slow at first and building some speed toward the open ocean. Love it!

For each of our cruises I make a luggage tag on shutterfly using pics of our last cruise. My family, 5 kids and husband and I have all been on at least a couple cruises so I just use pics from that persons last cruise. On the back I put all the info what cruise line, where we are all going and the date. We all enjoy them. Also, when the cruise is over I make a photo album and everyone gets one.

I don't know if it's so much a tradition as a necessity, but regardless, I so look forward to boarding the gang plank. It's that moment between FINALLY and So It BEGINS!

This is very true... I always say it's the moment when I take my brain out and stop thinking, I'm sure my heart rate drops by 20bpm in those few feet.

For me its a simple one and everybody does it. Go up top and get a drink and hang out while the ship pushes from the dock and starts the journey. One of my favorite part of a cruise is being on the ship and moving! Going slow at first and building some speed toward the open ocean. Love it!

This! And a second for us is that hubby always gets up super early - on sea days, he heads up on deck and walks around and gets his 1st breakfast of fruit, etc., and then brings a plate back to the cabin for me to enjoy while I get ready for the day. Then we head down to breakfast together. :-)

10 days left until our 15th anniversary cruise, and I want to get even more excited than I already am!

Tell me about your favorite cruise tradition. How did it start?

My first (and only other cruise so far) Cruise was with my 12 year old son. Our favorite thing was getting little sandwiches from the Cafe Promenade (on Allure) and going back to our balcony to play dice and cards until late at night. It was just lovely listening to the ocean go by, nibbling yummy sandwiches, and spending quality one-on-one time with my boy.

I’m sure it’ll be a bit different, but I’m looking forward to doing the same thing with my hubby- simply chilling on the balcony, having treats, and watching the ocean go by. Can’t wait!!!

I can’t wait to hear what each of you loves and has made into a tradition!

I just realized my favorite tradition is traveling alone! Took my first big trip alone to London/Paris in 2015, then a cruise to Cuba, alone, in 2017 and 09/28th just got off a 20 day cruise that I sailed ... alone. I had the BEST time. Am having too much fun.

We like to have dinner in LeBistro the first night because they will let you wear shorts on embarkation day.

We also like watching the dock workers untie the ship when it is time to pull away from all the ports.

Lastly we like to go out on deck at night if it is clear and see the stars.

My tradition is, when I get on board and I'm safely seated at my table for lunch, I have a mimosa. That signals to me that the planning and the travel are done; it's vacation time!

Same! We head to the MDR and order lunch and sip wine and sigh deeply because vacation has finally begun.

Our tradition is to always eat at the steakhouse on the first night. I'm not sure why, but after so many cruises it just is :-) Then if it's really good, we might go back another night during the week!

That’s our tradition too. First night at Cagneys with a couple of Bombay Sapphire martinis for me. I have no idea how this started or why it continues.

Sent from my iPad using Forums